Grainger Grizzlies

Yeah...OK...this will be the year that West Greene has any shot of beating Grainger/Rutledge in the last 15 years...so if you're gonna do it you'd better.

C'mon Kev....WG is on the verge of breaking away from their past. They have a great young coach, a new field house, great fan support and some really good athletes. I'd look for the Buffs to continue to grow as long as these stars continue to be aligned. I'm with Drew....WG by at LEAST 2 tds

Barb, you bought into the hype too. Sorry to disappoint you, even though I know you are really a Devil fan. Just as I predicted...The Grizzlies WIN in a close one. I retract my term of "upset" though. One should never use that term when talking about defeating the buffaloes. The Grizzlies have a bunch of inexperienced guys starting and playing this year, but they are improving each and every game. Playing our two earlier games helped get us ready for the conference competition. The running backs from Carter were the best we have played against this year. Even though we did not come away with any Ws, it did make us better by playing better competition. Good luck Grizzlies next week and in two weeks when you get back to the conference schedule with C-D at home.

I was a bit concerned that WG had built their offense around a running back....dangerous. So maybe they come up with a better plan. I think Case is smart enough to adjust.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grainger did open up the offense after the second half against West Greene. What is everyones take on the Wing T offense instead of the Veer they ran for years at Rutledge? I personally like the new look if they will continue to expand the Wing T. You can still run more than what they are doing so far. They look like they have about three plays and they run those over and over. That makes you wonder why they left the Veer. It was often the same thing...one or two plays over and over. You can still run the option, reverses and more misdirection than what we have witnessed so far. I think they will continue to put more of this in as the season goes on.

Grainger did open up the offense after the second half against West Greene. What is everyones take on the Wing T offense instead of the Veer they ran for years at Rutledge? I personally like the new look if they will continue to expand the Wing T. You can still run more than what they are doing so far. They look like they have about three plays and they run those over and over. That makes you wonder why they left the Veer. It was often the same thing...one or two plays over and over. You can still run the option, reverses and more misdirection than what we have witnessed so far. I think they will continue to put more of this in as the season goes on.

Sorry to inform you Big W, but the Grizzlies Wing T looked pretty stagnant at Union last night. It didn't help that they turned the ball over and over and over if you get my drift. Union scored on the initial kickoff and Grainger fumbled on their first play and then on the ensuing kickoff. It was Union 3 scores to 0 before Grainger ran their second offensive play. They were hit with the flu bug and this really hurt, but Union was just better than the Grizzlies. Grainger is down this season, but now they are playing without argueably their best 3 lineman the rest of the season. Hopefully the players with the flu will be back and better next week against Chucky Doak @ home. The Grizzlies really need a win at home! If they can play like they did last week they will have a shot. They have to take care of the ball better. Good luck Grizzlies, keep your heads up! I predict the Grizzlies will turn it around this week with a WIN!

What the heck is going on with the Grizzlies? This may just be rumor, but my source is usually pretty accurate. I am hearing that four Senoirs quit the team on Monday and another Junior quit on Tuesday. This makes a total of 12 out of the 22 starting positions since the Jamboree are no longer on the team. They have either quit the team, been kicked off or are injured. WOW! That is unbelievable. I know they were going to be down some this season, but now it seems almost insurmountable. I sure hope the remaining guys can pull it together for Friday. They play Chuckey Doak at home and really need a win. This would be the best medicine for the boys right now. The players that have toughed this out really need our support right now. Lets all go out and support them Friday! Good luck Grizzlies!

grainger posted a huge 22-6 win over chucky doak i think this was huge for our kids. they really needed this. and how bout the play of the qb's both corum and coffman had a td throw. coffman's was from like 55 yards out. and the defense played outstanding. i haven't seen the team play this good all year. keep it up guys

grainger posted a huge 22-6 win over chucky doak i think this was huge for our kids. they really needed this. and how bout the play of the qb's both corum and coffman had a td throw. coffman's was from like 55 yards out. and the defense played outstanding. i haven't seen the team play this good all year. keep it up guys

This was a much needed win for the guys. They persevered so much over the last week or so and I am glad to see them get another victory. They had to play about 12-15 guys all night and it will probably be like that the rest of the season. All the players that have stuck with it need to know we are so proud of them. Corum and Coffman did play well, but lets not forget Chevy Helton taking the 15-20 yard pass, making a guy miss and turning it into a 55 yard TD! The O line has to get a huge compliment for grinding out the yards straight ahead all night. The backs ran and blocked hard as well. It was good to see Connor Brabston back from a broken nose, too. I think this was his first game back and he was all over the field on defense all night. This was just a great team victory and the Grizzlies deserve this one! Good luck Friday night against Pigeon Forge.

This was a much needed win for the guys. They persevered so much over the last week or so and I am glad to see them get another victory. They had to play about 12-15 guys all night and it will probably be like that the rest of the season. All the players that have stuck with it need to know we are so proud of them. Corum and Coffman did play well, but lets not forget Chevy Helton taking the 15-20 yard pass, making a guy miss and turning it into a 55 yard TD! The O line has to get a huge compliment for grinding out the yards straight ahead all night. The backs ran and blocked hard as well. It was good to see Connor Brabston back from a broken nose, too. I think this was his first game back and he was all over the field on defense all night. This was just a great team victory and the Grizzlies deserve this one! Good luck Friday night against Pigeon Forge.

Great job on the win but you guys played a team thats been struggling for a very long time...1 or two wins last year and 1 so far this year...See you guys when we play ya...

GO DEVILS!!!

The guys did play good! Regardless of who it was, you had two teams playing their hearts out. We have had so much going on, it was good to get a WIN! We play at home Friday against an old rival in Pigeon Forge. This should be a good one, too. Go Grizzlies!

Pigeon Forge should take this one by 14 or more. I sure hope those Freshmen and Sophmores improve for Grainer Co. If not it could be another long road next year as well. Hopefully we will have some players move to Grainer Co. or maybe even the 8th grade team might have some players. As of right now I don't see any gamebreakers.

coach briscoe said earlier in the year that they would make a decision on a starting qb but so far both coffman and corum are playing, wat does everybody think about the situation. should they start one and if so who, or should they play both, tell me wat ya'll think

I don't think either of the two has seperated themself enough from the other to get all the PT. Corum has been the main starter with Coffman coming off the bench some. Both are decent throwing the ball, Corum is more mobile than Coffman, but neither can run very well. Neither is very athletic for the QB position, but they manage the wingT offense well enough to be serviceable. They are both great kids! Its kinda unfair to judge them based on what we have been used to at the QB position the last few years. The coaches don't ask the QB to do too much in this new offense, though. I think they will both continue to see action with Corum probably seeing the majority of the time. Coffmans PT will be dependent of how well or how poorly Corum plays.