Riverdale who?????

Guest bleedblue

I would like to say that bleedblue's opinions are not those of the entire Lincoln County community. It was a tremendous game between two well prepared and coached teams. Riverdale did not turn the ball over a time, and the Falcons had an interception in the end zone on the last play of the first half for their only one of the night. It came down to who excuted down the stretch and on this night it happened to be Lincoln County. Riverdale has a great team and will be a force to be reckoned with in the post season. Anyone that thinks they won't needs to wake up. Last night's game could have served as a wake up call for the Warriors. Lose in the regular season, you play next week, lose in the playoffs and your season is over, ala 1999 when Dickson County knocked the Warriors out in the first round in Murfreesboro 21 to 14 in OT. I would like to congratulate coach Louis Thompson on his victory, maybe it will help to quieten down all the whining I have been hearing. Maybe whoever the coward was that planted a tree on the field a couple of weeks ago has it stuck where the sun can't shine on it!!!!! :D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleedblue
Posted by LCstatman:

I would like to say that bleedblue's opinions are not those of the entire Lincoln County community. It was a tremendous game between two well prepared and coached teams. Riverdale did not turn the ball over a time, and the Falcons had an interception in the end zone on the last play of the first half for their only one of the night. It came down to who excuted down the stretch and on this night it happened to be Lincoln County. Riverdale has a great team and will be a force to be reckoned with in the post season. Anyone that thinks they won't needs to wake up. Last night's game could have served as a wake up call for the Warriors. Lose in the regular season, you play next week, lose in the playoffs and your season is over, ala 1999 when Dickson County knocked the Warriors out in the first round in Murfreesboro 21 to 14 in OT. I would like to congratulate coach Louis Thompson on his victory, maybe it will help to quieten down all the whining I have been hearing. Maybe whoever the coward was that planted a tree on the field a couple of weeks ago has it stuck where the sun can't shine on it!!!!! :D

What was said that was so unappropriate. I did nothing but state the obvious. I agree both teams were well prepared and both teams are good teams. However, we all know that Riverdale is down this year as well as a lot of teams. If you can argue that then please do so. Coach Thompson and Coach Rankin both are great coaches with great programs. If there was anything said that is not obvious then reply. But I never said that Riverdale was not contenders. I simply said that if Edminston continues to play well that we were. I am sorry that this was misinterpreted I know that my opinions will offend some people however these are very obvious and i say the same things that a lot of us think and dont say!

The only thing i have to say is that Edmiston is not the best qb in the state. I said it before, you cant have one break out game, and call h im the best. Where was he the BHS game and the other game yall lost.I am not taking anything away from the kid. i am sure he is a fine athlete. Just not the best qb in the state. I know for a fact, even tho i dont like to admit it, Steven Briton for RHS is better. Also, i would like to know how many yards he has rushing, b/c i dont think he is the 2nd leading rusher in the state. if he is, more power to him. i am just wondering. But carlos crawford has just at, if not more than 500 yards, in 3 games, on around 55 carries. thats about 9 yards a carry. and i dont care what level of football that is, that is great running.

Posted by bleedblue:
Posted by olineathlete:

Yes. I dont know how u can sit there and say he emerged as the top qb in the state. one breakout game doesnt make him the best qb in the state. from everything i have heard, riverdale was in position to win the game even before the missed field goal. there is still 7 games left to play.if u and LCHS get hyped now, then yall will think yall have arrived, and thats when yall get beat.

The fact of the matter is that Edminston is the most talented qb in the state. How many times do you see a six foot two inch; 215 pound qb who has 4.4 speed and an arm like his. The "fact" is that if he continues to mature in this offense then the rest of the state has to watch out because he will be impossible to stop! By the way going into Friday night he was the second leading rusher in the state. He was also the best athlete on the field Friday night and that cannot be argued with!

Franklin sure found a way to stop him. You have any excuses about that game?

Posted by bleedblue:
Posted by LCstatman:

I would like to say that bleedblue's opinions are not those of the entire Lincoln County community. It was a tremendous game between two well prepared and coached teams. Riverdale did not turn the ball over a time, and the Falcons had an interception in the end zone on the last play of the first half for their only one of the night. It came down to who excuted down the stretch and on this night it happened to be Lincoln County. Riverdale has a great team and will be a force to be reckoned with in the post season. Anyone that thinks they won't needs to wake up. Last night's game could have served as a wake up call for the Warriors. Lose in the regular season, you play next week, lose in the playoffs and your season is over, ala 1999 when Dickson County knocked the Warriors out in the first round in Murfreesboro 21 to 14 in OT. I would like to congratulate coach Louis Thompson on his victory, maybe it will help to quieten down all the whining I have been hearing. Maybe whoever the coward was that planted a tree on the field a couple of weeks ago has it stuck where the sun can't shine on it!!!!! :rolleyes:

What was said that was so unappropriate. I did nothing but state the obvious. I agree both teams were well prepared and both teams are good teams. However, we all know that Riverdale is down this year as well as a lot of teams. If you can argue that then please do so. Coach Thompson and Coach Rankin both are great coaches with great programs. If there was anything said that is not obvious then reply. But I never said that Riverdale was not contenders. I simply said that if Edminston continues to play well that we were. I am sorry that this was misinterpreted I know that my opinions will offend some people however these are very obvious and i say the same things that a lot of us think and dont say!

The one thing that no one understands is that up until someone eliminates Riverdale they are the best team in the state, they have a trophy to prove it that says "State Champions." now i do not and never have gone to riverdale but that is a fact that they are the best team in the state till someone eliminates them from the playoffs, thats when someone else can say"we are the best" am i wrong?

The one thing that no one understands is that up until someone eliminates Riverdale they are the best team in the state, they have a trophy to prove it that says "State Champions." now i do not and never have gone to riverdale but that is a fact that they are the best team in the state till someone eliminates them from the playoffs, thats when someone else can say"we are the best" am i wrong?

You can not judge a team on just one game, ecspecially this early in the season, it is only week 3...and as for the BleedBlue I'm not trying to say anything bad about LC because I know they cannot be taken lightly, but if you're going to be talking about LC being one of the best teams in the state then they're going to have to show me that for more than just one game...prove something(and I'm not saying you can't) but you can't just go talking like that after one big win... :rolleyes:

Posted by ftballkicker:

Yes you are wrong. They will never be "the best team in the state" until they play the big boys...Brentwood Academy, MBA, Maryville etc. They are the defending 5A Champions, but that does not neccessarily make them the best in the state.

LC DEFENSE PLAYED A heck OF A GAME LAST NITE TO KEEP THE #1 RANKED TEAM IN THE STATE TO 9 POINTS.MAYBE THE KICKER MISSED THE FIELDGOAL BUT STILL THE LC OFFENSE TURNED IT UP A NOTCH IN THE 4th QUARTER. IF THE TEAM CANT SAY HEY WE BEAT THE #1 TEAM IN THE STATE THEN MAYBE THEY SHOULDNT BE #1. THIS IS FOR ALL THE LC FANS OUT THERE THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT OF OUR TEAM LAST NITE..

Guest region4fan

Let me just say that LAST year's Riverdale2001 team won the state championship! They graduated seniors, Had Ron Crawford as Defensive coordinator, and other coaches who went to Eagleville.........AND RALPH KING!!!! This2002 team is the defending state champs, but is NOT that same team. LC , you did not beat the actual state champs.You beat Riverdale's 2002 team...not their 2001 team. Can you catch the CLUE here?? Congrats on your win. You beat last week's state ranked #1 team. Now be proud and we will see what kind of respect the AP polls have in your ranking.

Taron had his surgery and is handling the mental part of it pretty well. I wish him the best. One loss in a non=region game deos not disqualify the Warriros from repeating, but the road will be tough. Last year's team was the best in the state in all divisions, in my opinion. This year's team is well below the level of last year, but some one has to beat them in the playoffs toi keep them from repeating. 5A is much more balanced this year, so whoever wins it should be very proud.