Liberty Tech

gamespitter

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had always thought it would be a done deal that Coach Greene would get the job also when/if Dex ever stepped down. I have heard a few different things concerning him as to him being an assistant or not but will not go further than to say i was told personally by a very reliable source he would still assist.

As for Coach Bodenhammer. He took over the horribly underachieving Covington team four years ago after they fired Halford and lost all the talent. He came from a school in Nashville where he had been an assistant. He did a great job and only left to be closer to his daughter who lives in nashville... i was told by both he and the AD at covington it was his decision... nothing to do with certification issues. Once you are have a waiver and it runs out you cant just go to another school and it gets reset! Fact is this... he runs pretty much the exact same style as Coach WIlliams and is hard and fair on the players just like Williams. A few minor detail (specific set plays and such) may change but you will get pretty much the same result.

I know one other big detail thats been discussed here as well but will not mention it... lets just say a few of you are dead wrong as to what you think is going to happen.

ACTUALLY, Arnett was the HEAD coach at Maplewood High when he left Metro for Covington, not an assistant. He had some issues with certification at that time. Glad he has gotten them cleared up. He will be fine, but I really don't see Coach Williams riding off into the sunset just yet. He will still have a lot to do with the program no matter what he was told to do or not do.

I had always thought it would be a done deal that Coach Greene would get the job also when/if Dex ever stepped down. I have heard a few different things concerning him as to him being an assistant or not but will not go further than to say i was told personally by a very reliable source he would still assist.

As for Coach Bodenhammer. He took over the horribly underachieving Covington team four years ago after they fired Halford and lost all the talent. He came from a school in Nashville where he had been an assistant. He did a great job and only left to be closer to his daughter who lives in nashville... i was told by both he and the AD at covington it was his decision... nothing to do with certification issues. Once you are have a waiver and it runs out you cant just go to another school and it gets reset! Fact is this... he runs pretty much the exact same style as Coach WIlliams and is hard and fair on the players just like Williams. A few minor detail (specific set plays and such) may change but you will get pretty much the same result.

I know one other big detail thats been discussed here as well but will not mention it... lets just say a few of you are dead wrong as to what you think is going to happen.

Just to be clear.....so everyone knows, when you say nothing to do with certification you are not talking about Green....correct. Becuase Green is not certified to teach which is why he was not considered for the head coaching job. Your reliable source is absolutley correct in the Green will continue in the same role he served under Williams.

Not sure what your other big detail is. But, i'm certain Dexter is not going to be the guiding hand of Liberty like some think....at least not even close to the extent as some are saying. Anybody that lives in Madison County and knows how Superintendent Zambito operates knows this. This has been a hot topic in Madison County...even to the point of fans showing up at the city council meeting in support of Willimas serving two roles.....but, to no avail....Zambito made it crystal clear to Williams he could not and would not serve a dual role....However, Williams has stated he will help with the transition.

• 2 weeks later...