D-B vs. Halls scrimmage...Let hear it!!!

I sure hope you guys bring some good weather with you.That was a monster storm down there in the spring.I wanted the scrimmage to happen ,but you don't play with the bolts from above.I brought it up again yesterday about the award I seen in your team locker room.The highest percentage of players that bench 300 in the country.I just can't remember the year however.I to hope none of the players have any injuries,that's a parents worst fear.Roll Tribe

The weather was bad for the spring scrimmage. It seems like it has rained ever since. Maybe you new turf will allow the scrimmage to happen.

I am not sure which year Halls had the heavy lifters. I would imagine it is from the Larry Kerr era. He was very big on the weights before many teams were.

Our QB is a senior. He has been waiting his turn to start. He has seen some playing time and has had a couple of starts due to injury. He is very sound. He played pretty well in the passing league games. A junior backs him up.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the weather forecast is way off, I'd have to say the odds are against this one happening, turf or no turf. Which is a shame.

What time is the scrimmage?

6:00.That is a big storm out in west Tennessee moving this way tonight.It's rained on our guys two or three times in a big way this week,Lightning ended one of the practices.Our big nose guard is out for a few days,I hope Mat is ready to go next week.

Unless the weather forecast is way off, I'd have to say the odds are against this one happening, turf or no turf. Which is a shame.

What time is the scrimmage?

6:00.That is a big storm out in west Tennessee moving this way tonight.It's rained on our guys two or three times in a big way this week,Lightning ended one of the practices.Our big nose guard is out for a few days,I hope Mat is ready to go next week.

This has been a great "scrimmage series". The last one I saw DB dominated due to their run blitz package. This would be a good home / home game series. I think Halls would give DB a harder time in the regular season when they have the timing down on their running game.

I am so happy that football time is here. Hope the scrimmage happens.

It's easy for us fans to get worried about the outcome of a scrimmage.I think it was a scrimmage at Knox Central that made a lot of the DB fans last year think we might not win three or four games.This year it's the schedule that has a lot of fans worried with a younger team.

It's easy for us fans to get worried about the outcome of a scrimmage.I think it was a scrimmage at Knox Central that made a lot of the DB fans last year think we might not win three or four games.This year it's the schedule that has a lot of fans worried with a younger team.

Yeah this is very true can not tell much in a scrimmage but it you can get a look. I think your dead on about the schedule expecially week 0, 1st game playing Farragut!!

Well if the field drains the way it's supposed to, the morning forecast looks a lot better than the one we had last night. It's still raining buckets right now, but it looks like it may clear out by the afternoon. Hopefully the Halls guys can come on up and get it on.

QB is ok . He got his bell rang bad. We took him out as a precaution. If it were a regular season game he would have probably came back next series. As far as the running game. Our line is going to have to get more eggresive. To many red shirts in the backfield. Chris looked good but did'nt have much help. Defense was playing on their heels and lacked enthusiasm. Backup runningback James Brown looked awesome. Gotta get him in the game. Maybe returning kicks or backing up Chris. He is very fast. And the coaches have let us down again. Only two passes to Steele? These coaches are never going to learn. And i'm tired of saying it! I know it's early, but i expect more from our staff. Maybe this week we can iron out the line problems. We are very big up front but are not getting off the ball well. Hope that the rest of the line gets the fire that our center has and we will be fine. Roll Tribe. James Brown scored on a long TD run on their 3rd string, but i think he would have done the same against the #1 defense. Wow has he got quicks.

I thought it was a good scrimmage for both teams.I hate David didn't get more reps because it was a great chance to practice against a very good team.Coach doesn't get these guys to scrimmage because they are walk overs.I wish Halls a very good season and hope everybody got back to Knoxville safe.Now I have a question about who is taking the Dobyns Bennett team photos this year and what is the web sight ? We allways had some great photos to look at on photos4time,but I heard he gave it up,is that correct ?