Lewis Co. Pre-Season

ddaddy

Couldn't agree with you more ddaddy. I got to see it first hand this time and was surprised. They seemed to erased any doubt on effort and attitude I might have had. They were aggressive and attacked. I'm sure Central wasn't expecting that kind of effort from such a smaller school. I think our kids found out alot about themselves too. Much better playing that school than one you know you should handle. The unknown seemed to motivate this bunch. If they play that hard every down, quarter, half and game, they should shock alot of people this year. My only worry is injuries still......we just aren't that deep in pure talent. Your analysis was spot on. When I seen the size of the receivers I thought..."Big mismatch", but have to give it to the defense, they seemed to handle it well. Your #22 never let any of the receivers get space. I don't know how fast he is but no one could break away.....he was like a little knat. #27 was flying all over the place and laid some good hits. #28 handled his position almost every situation. 55 had some big hits. That was a fun one to watch. When CC scored first I wanted to see how they responded......they just took back down and score themselves.......big confidence builder, after that the game was very physical by both teams. Lewis seemed to answer alot of question for not only themselves but coaches and fans. Quite a few people made the trip..even some that had no one playing just wanted to the see the match up. I think they all walked a way with a smile. CC has some athletes and some size. I don't know how they will do this year or how they are expected to do, but I'm sure Lewis got their attention, that every game is going to be a dogfight. I seen the film on Bruceton and their is no comparison from that game to the CC game, almost a completely different team......big gains in short time. :thumb:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennesseans predictions, LC must have done a good job recruiting in the off season to get this much respect. Will be interesting to see where they end up. My guess is want make it to Semi's

DISTRICT 12-AA

1. Giles Co.

2. Lewis Co.

3. Marshall Co.

4. Page

5. Spring Hill

6. Fairview

7. Hickman Co.

8. East Hickman

(3 of 3)

POSTSEASON PREDICTIONS

Semifinals: Alcoa, Tyner, Lewis Co., Milan

Final: Alcoa, Milan

Champion: Alcoa

Terminator.......I don't much about how they figure this district 12 ranking or how they are guessed to finish, but one thing I do know for a "FACT", Lewis county is a closed zone school.....PERIOD! There is no recruiting at Lewis. The kids that are playing and starting on this years version lack a lot of inexperience, but they have played together since 2004 in middle school. To even make that kind of statement is way off base. Will they finish as the Tennessean says.....who knows (would be nice if true). Will they make it to the playoffs...who knows, will they get beat if they do before the semis......don't know that either. But What I do know is the kids at Lewis play hard, work hard and always give an all out effort regardless of game situation. Their backfield consist of 1 Senior, the others are 2 jrs. and 1 sophmore. These are the starters for this year. They will give it their best shot and how ever it turns out at the end...it was done with hometown players.....period. Appreciate not throwing out that type of statement in the future unless you have a fact with name to back it up.

Just wanted to tell Lewis county and their fans good luck on the upcoming season. I know you lack the experience from everything I read, but it sounds like you have the grit and heart to play the game and no matter the outcome it won't be from not trying and giving it your all.

You would be hard pressed to find many schools around the state with a population of around 550 kids playing as hard as I'm sure they will against much bigger schools. I think you will surprise yourselves at the end. Don't listen to the outsiders and their neg. comments.....they don't know the heart inside you kids! :thumb:

LC must have done a good job recruiting in the off season to get this much respect. Will be interesting to see where they end up. My guess is want make it to Semi's

Great post Terminator. My guess is they won't even make it to the play-offs. But if they do get to the play-offs from thier recruiting this off season, I say a private school will knock em out 1st round 49-0 (by half time) :thumb:

Terminator.......I don't much about how they figure this district 12 ranking or how they are guessed to finish, but one thing I do know for a "FACT", Lewis county is a closed zone school.....PERIOD! There is no recruiting at Lewis. The kids that are playing and starting on this years version lack a lot of inexperience, but they have played together since 2004 in middle school. To even make that kind of statement is way off base. Will they finish as the Tennessean says.....who knows (would be nice if true). Will they make it to the playoffs...who knows, will they get beat if they do before the semis......don't know that either. But What I do know is the kids at Lewis play hard, work hard and always give an all out effort regardless of game situation. Their backfield consist of 1 Senior, the others are 2 jrs. and 1 sophmore. These are the starters for this year. They will give it their best shot and how ever it turns out at the end...it was done with hometown players.....period. Appreciate not throwing out that type of statement in the future unless you have a fact with name to back it up.

I would assume that the recruiting comment was in reference to the number of players that originated in other school districts, but found their way to Lewis County instead....even though they still lived in said school district. Mt. Pleasant and Summertown, to be exact. Summertown has no football program, so those kids have the option of legally going to play for Lawrence County. I don't pretend to know the legality (in the TSSAA world) of a kid or kids playing out of county when their school doesn't offer football. Pretty sure it's not "legal" for a kid to live in one school zone, but attend another school for athletic purposes when the school they are supposed to attend offers the sport. I know it's unethical...especially if the local schools are in any way supported by property taxes.

This little problem has stood in the way of LC having a legitimate gripe against the Nashville privates and the open-zoned schools (Alcoa). Reminds me of a saying about throwing stones in glass houses....DON'T!

LC must have done a good job recruiting in the off season to get this much respect. Will be interesting to see where they end up. My guess is want make it to Semi's

Great post Terminator. My guess is they won't even make it to the play-offs. But if they do get to the play-offs from thier recruiting this off season, I say a private school will knock em out 1st round 49-0 (by half time) :popcorneater:

And you, of all people, should just go ahead and keep your mouth shut. If you are the resident representative of Alcoa, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to call out anyone for recruiting! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! I would be very curious to know how many of the starters on Alcoa's great teams were born and raised in Alcoa's school district. My guess (see...I can guess, too) is that about half of them are from outside Alcoa's zone (and I know they are an open-zone school...how convenient) and were "invited" to come to Alcoa's Jr High when they were noticed for their talent or potential. heck...Alcoa out-recruits the D-II privates!

Alcoa does recruit just as their fans say they do, But until the Tssaa does something to level the playing field, they will continue to dominate every year we might as well get use to it. They get the best players available and have an awesome coach, He might be the best in the state. I say they win 4 more straight titles before somethings done.