Signal Mountain Eagles Scrimmages

smeagle1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...The Rams(varsity) beat the Eagles 35-7 ...SM(jr.varsity)won 7-0...the other teams McMinn County and Coffee County didn't show...SM scored on a pass play...Tyner scored 2-TD's on long runs...one interception TD...two inside the five yard line after driving the length of the field!!!

...I wish the other teams had been there...we had a full house of scouts...Coach Daniels from Red Bank as well as some players...Soddy Daisy players,etc.

My thoughts on Signal this up coming season still confuses me. I think they will win dont get me wrong, but the transition to a varsity schedule will be tough. I know this is a very solid team that Tyner has and i thought the Eagles put in a decent scrimmage. It was the Ram train just being the Ram train. I think the Eagles have some things to work and piece together, but if they get that sorted out no doubt they could have a .700 team or better.Best of Luck!

I really haven’t seen anyone say SM will be a state title contender. I think expectations are high for a good first varsity season. The scrimmage against Tyner certainly gave them the opportunity to work on some areas. There were way too many dropped passes to be in contention. The interception for the touchdown hit the SM receiver in his hands, a perfect pass, that he just booted into the air and Travis Jones (TJ) picked it and was gone. Another receiver dropped a pass that hit him in stride on the sideline and could have gone, but oh well. Bottom line is SM could have done better, should have done better and will do better in the future.

There were some positives. We had some backups get some good playing time in place of injured starters. In the long run this should help build some depth.

Week one is down and looking forward to week two. Next Fridays scrimmage will be another good test against much larger schools. Hopefully in week two we will get the bad case of dropites cured and make good progress toward the opening game Hixson……….

1st game is 8/28 against Hurricanes.....also a new program, should be interesting. I hear the Canes are looking pretty good. I guess that will give us an idea of where they are. Or do you think the Tyner scrimmage did it?

East Hamilton is the second game. The 1st game is 8/21 aginst Hixson. I hope the scrimmage against Tyner isnt a sign of things to come. We have another scrimmage tomorrow at Tennessee Tech against Cookeville. Maybe we wont have so many dropped passed and have a better result against the 4th largest school in the state.