District 4 AAA

LCityplayer

Same post from the Boys side...a lot of graduation, and new teams to the district

Pre-Season Ranking suggestions

1. Maryville

2. Heritage

3. Farragut

4. Bearden

5. Lenoir City

6. William Blount

7. West

8. Catholic

With the possible addition of Maples it makes Maryville the favorite.

However, 2-7 is very fluid with Heritage having experience on their side. The rest of it can go either way a lot of parity..sleeper team is William Blount. The only sure thing is Catholic at 8

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut looked good at MC Camp.

If Maples fits in at Maryville they'll be good.

Heritage will have to find some kind of post game cause some nights the 3's won't fall.

WB & LC both have talented younger players.

1.Maryville

2.Farragut

3.Close race (maybe Bearden).

Not necessarily my rankings and obviously I'm most familiar with William Blount but here goes ...

Farragut - not familiar with all of the Lady Admirals ... but the Newby kid is the real deal. Very athletic post.

Bearden -- lost key seniors including Hirst ... but still have some talent and size

West -- some them in summer at MC ... very athletic, well coached, one of the better point guards in district

Lenoir City -- some great shooters ... will need to develop inside game

Heritage -- fan 1997, hate to disagree but Burnette just might hit her threes EVERY night , still losing Maples allows defenses to focus on Lauren more. Lady Mountaineers still have plenty of experience with girls that have played aau ball together since early middle school

Maryville -- Vaught and Maples will most likely be toughest post duo around to defend. Senior Carrie Goodson had a great summer, will need to be a dependable 3 shooter for Lady Rebs. Singleton and Brazeale are very talented and have played all summer. Hard not to favor Lady Rebs to win district.

William Blount -- another year of experience for Wilson/Burstrom guard duo. Have played all summer on a top-notch aau team. Still just sophs but both these young ladies can play. Sami Vanvranken (jr)might be most versatile player on team ... can play any of 5 spots, not huge for post (5'8ish) but strong, good moves, uses left hand well. Brittany Tipton (jr) might be the surprise player of district (don't want to give that away too much) but she shot the ball as well as any kid I saw all summer (on any team). Jr. Shelby Click is a battler. She's 5'5" maybe, but thinks she's 6'1" at times. Can also light it up from 3 line. Lone senior on team is some Stinnett kid. She was slated to start as a freshmen, then tore her acl. Played her sophomore year, missed her junior year with more knee problems. She's back (knock on wood) and gives the Lady Govs some size, she's 5'10". Needs to work on being more physical, but if she'll run the floor, she will see few post players who can match her speed(Newby excluded). Sophomore Katie Wheeler will contribute as well, she's a fighter (in a good way of course). Coach Fowler is working a plan, and it has involved several years. I believe the team will be better this year and is on their way to getting back in a position to challenge anyone in the district on any given night.

Sorry Catholic ladies, but I have no info at all. Welcome to a very competitive district.

I agree that WB has some talent and I think that they could beat LC. LC has some good players but I watched them this summer and they seem like they don`t get along with each other. To many ball hogs, some people think that it only takes 2 or 3 to play basketball. Coach needs to get a hold of some of those girls!!!! Bad attitude and Potty mouths!!!

1. Maryville-too much talent for this district

2. Farragut-more athletic than Heritage and a more level headed coach

3. Heritage-Burnett can shoot it and will keep them in games

4. Bearden-good defenders

5. West-athletic,could pass Bearden and Heritage

6. Lenoir City-not very talented but an excellent coach

7. William Blount-not good

8. Catholic-not good at all

:hungry::D

1. Maryville-too much talent for this district

2. Farragut-more athletic than Heritage and a more level headed coach

3. Heritage-Burnett can shoot it and will keep them in games

4. Bearden-good defenders

5. West-athletic,could pass Bearden and Heritage

6. Lenoir City-not very talented but an excellent coach

7. William Blount-not good

8. Catholic-not good at all

:thumb::D

You're not giving WB enough credit. Obviously you are not real familiar with them. They will surprise you this year. Ask anyone who scrimmaged them this summer and I bet you won't hear "not good" from anyone. If Blount stays healthy, they will finish higher than 7th, imo.

They have improved and could go ahead of LC but West athleticism will give them fits-might get Bearden once and possibly West once if things fall the right way, but still a year away from being a top 4 in this district

We'lll see. Agree that top four in the district this year would be a tall order, but they will be better. They are already improving it seems ... they went from being "not good" to possibly moving ahead of LC and maybe beating West and Bearden once each in two posts. Actually, I believe they are deeper than West and should beat them twice. West's point guard will be the most athletic player on the floor and the big post will give them some trouble, but overall I think Blount has more weapons.

We'll see. You could very well be right. That's what we'll play the season for, isn't it? :thumb:

They have improved and could go ahead of LC but West athleticism will give them fits-might get Bearden once and possibly West once if things fall the right way, but still a year away from being a top 4 in this district

We'lll see. Agree that top four in the district this year would be a tall order, but they will be better. They are already improving it seems ... they went from being "not good" to possibly moving ahead of LC and maybe beating West and Bearden once each in two posts. Actually, I believe they are deeper than West and should beat them twice. West's point guard will be the most athletic player on the floor and the big post will give them some trouble, but overall I think Blount has more weapons.

We'll see. You could very well be right. That's what we'll play the season for, isn't it? :thumb:

I agree with some previous posts

1. I think that William Blount will surprise a couple of teams, they have really great guards

2.. however, WB is really small and any team with a Post player is going to exploit them, like Maryville, Farragut, Bearden, and i wouldn't leave LC out of the equation, the Brown Girls is a load, and we all know about Patterson

3. another poster talked about the Farragut coach being i think "even tempered" i think thats well put i watched them in the district and the team seemed prepared and never got frazzled

4. Heritage is going to miss Maples....Burnett and Morris better be dropping or its going to be long nights

5. I think its about time Marryville got it Done! No excuses anymore

6. This District is wide open its maryville, then everyone else

7. Fowler and WB had done a a good job bringing the young girls a long and calming down

You need a new source in Vegas.

I'll go with this:

1) Maryville (no doubt...they looked good WITHOUT Maples this summer)

2) Heritage

3) Bearden/Farragut

4) Farragut/Bearden (Bearden's style frustrates people)

5) West

6) William Blount (darkhorse)

7) Lenoir City

8) Catholic

From what I've heard/seen.....

1) Maryville looked like a different team in the summer.

2) Heritage is still talented and can shoot the ball.

3) Bearden plays tough defense. They win a lot of ugly games and that just wears on teams, especially at this age.

4) Farragut has Newby who is very tough. I think 3/4 is out of Bearden and Farragut...could go either way.

5) West is athletic and seems to be coached pretty well. They bring a different look to this district.

6) Blount is getting there....I've seen them look very, very good, especially on offense.

7) LC .... well, there is some talent there but I haven't seen them put it together. Internal strife on the bench and in the stands.

8) Catholic.....great facilities. :lol: We'll see what the next recruiting class looks like next year.