AE at Powell, How did it turn out

boyfromsi

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put it like this you all are giving Powell more props then AE if you say you have nothing to do with Powell but you support them. I wasn't at the scrimmage either but I heard it was pretty much a good scrimmage and Powell didn't score until the last series. So if that's not true, oh well its just a scrimmage and we must move on. The only thing that can be learnt from a scrimmage is finding the areas you need to work on. Now I havent read on here where Columbia Blue and Scarlet Red stated that AE dominated the scrimmage so why are you all saying that he stated that? But considering the fact both of you stated you're not Powell fans, what players stood out for AE? Yeah, let's get on that subject!

Another Thing, its a new year and a new region for Alcoa. Go ahead and hand them the Championship if you want but there's A LOT of football to be played. AE is going to battle Alcoa like non other team has before. Like Hillsboro took it to Maryville last year, well its time for AE or someone to take it to Alcoa.. As a lot of people like to say, "get off their Alcoa's peanuts!!!"

Lastly but not least, how's the new stadium looking at Powell?

That's not true at all, Turtle. AE has a lot of talented athletes, but they didn't look like a team ranked number two in the state Friday. My only issue was with the way the other poster claimed that AE "controlled" the scrimmage. That just wasn't true.

I never said that I "have nothing to do" with Powell. I clearly said that my son played there, graduated 5 years ago. I still do support the team, but that doesn't divorce me from being able to look at things objectively. Powell has a lot of issues that need to be worked out, but to say that AE "controlled" them just isn't accurate.

The new stadium is coming along fine. It is supposed to be completed by this Saturday.

Powell started at least 6 sophomores, and would have likely started another couple of not for injuries. They are a very young team, as well with only a couple of seniors who are projected to start at this point.

You are assuming that Powell had starters on the field all day, too. It goes both ways, you know.

You say that AE made correctable mistakes. Does that same thing not also apply to Powell? It was their first scrimmage, too.

How do you say that AE "controlled" the scrimmage and would dominate in a real game? AE had a great deal of trouble running the football. Yep, they hit a couple of long passes, which set up their scores. Are those not correctable coverage mistakes, too? Again, things go both ways.

You have failed to mention that Powell fumbled in the end zone going in, a fumble that was a botched handoff, by the way, which led to the safety. An unforced error kept the game from being tied at that point. Mistakes and "correctible errors" have a way of working themselves out.

Like FootballDad, I don't have a son on the team. My son graduated 5 years ago. I am a Powell supporter, but I can, and do, look at things objectively before I form an opinion. I suggest you sit back and do that same.

You are focusing on my "correctable mistakes" comment. That comment was in reference to Austin-East not being deserving of the #2 ranking in 3A. Any mistake is correctable, but the mistakes that Austin-East were making are mistakes that they typically make in pre-season (and sometimes in the first couple of games). They usually stop making these mistakes by the 3rd and 4th game. Austin-East did not make the kinds of mistakes that they usually make throughout an entire season. Austin-East will be ready for Alcoa in the playoffs. No, Austin-East is not ready to play in a state championship game right now... it's pre-season... nobody is ready for that. Austin-East will be ready by mid-season, and people that are somewhat familiar with Austin-East know that they will be ready.

Back to the scrimmage with Powell...

You say that "things go both ways" and "[Powell] has a very young team, as well." Since "mistakes and 'correctible errors' have a way of working themselves out," I guess we should refer to the number of TDs scored.

I spoke with one of Austin-East's coaches yesterday, and he informed me that Austin-East varsity scored 3 times, and the freshmen scored once. Powell varsity scored once on their last posession and got a safety. Powell freshmen did not score. I'm trying to get some stats on the game to further support my opionions.

Btw, you all have still not told me which one of my facts are inaccurate. State facts, and let everybody else make opionions.

Powell started at least 6 sophomores, and would have likely started another couple of not for injuries. They are a very young team, as well with only a couple of seniors who are projected to start at this point.

You are assuming that Powell had starters on the field all day, too. It goes both ways, you know.

You say that AE made correctable mistakes. Does that same thing not also apply to Powell? It was their first scrimmage, too.

How do you say that AE "controlled" the scrimmage and would dominate in a real game? AE had a great deal of trouble running the football. Yep, they hit a couple of long passes, which set up their scores. Are those not correctable coverage mistakes, too? Again, things go both ways.

You have failed to mention that Powell fumbled in the end zone going in, a fumble that was a botched handoff, by the way, which led to the safety. An unforced error kept the game from being tied at that point. Mistakes and "correctible errors" have a way of working themselves out.

Like FootballDad, I don't have a son on the team. My son graduated 5 years ago. I am a Powell supporter, but I can, and do, look at things objectively before I form an opinion. I suggest you sit back and do that same.

You are focusing on my "correctable mistakes" comment. That comment was in reference to Austin-East not being deserving of the #2 ranking in 3A. Any mistake is correctable, but the mistakes that Austin-East were making are mistakes that they typically make in pre-season (and sometimes in the first couple of games). They usually stop making these mistakes by the 3rd and 4th game. Austin-East did not make the kinds of mistakes that they usually make throughout an entire season. Austin-East will be ready for Alcoa in the playoffs. No, Austin-East is not ready to play in a state championship game right now... it's pre-season... nobody is ready for that. Austin-East will be ready by mid-season, and people that are somewhat familiar with Austin-East know that they will be ready.

Back to the scrimmage with Powell...

You say that "things go both ways" and "[Powell] has a very young team, as well." Since "mistakes and 'correctible errors' have a way of working themselves out," I guess we should refer to the number of TDs scored.

I spoke with one of Austin-East's coaches yesterday, and he informed me that Austin-East varsity scored 3 times, and the freshmen scored once. Powell varsity scored once on their last posession and got a safety. Powell freshmen did not score. I'm trying to get some stats on the game to further support my opionions.

Btw, you all have still not told me which one of my facts are inaccurate. State facts, and let everybody else make opionions.

If it makes you feel better, then believe what you want. That doesn't make it accurate, however.

So, you are going by what a coach told you? You weren't there to see the scrimmage yourself? That explains a lot. I think what he told you has been embellished just a bit.

Enjoy your season.

If it makes you feel better, then believe what you want. That doesn't make it accurate, however.

So, you are going by what a coach told you? You weren't there to see the scrimmage yourself? That explains a lot. I think what he told you has been embellished just a bit.

Enjoy your season.

I was at the scrimmage, but I forgot about the dump pass the freshman QB threw to the TE for the score against the freshmen. I also forgot one of the varsity scores. I plan on watching the film today. I will have some additional facts tomorrow.

You still have not told me which one of my aforementioned facts is not accurate. An opinion is an opinion. You don't think Austin-East controlled the scrimmage... that's your opinion. Aside from that, which one of my facts is not accurate.

That's hilarious turtle, after Alcoa gets done with AE you won't even want to stick your head outside of your shell. :thumb:

Win, lose, or draw I will be on here no matter what. I'm just getting sick and tired of you all saying Alcoa is going to win another title. Come on now, there's a lot of football to be played and its still preseason, anything can happen. This is starting to remind me of Maryville last year, everyone picked them to win the state and look what happen. So go ahead hand Alcoa the title in preseason because in the end they'll be crying like Maryville was last year..

Another thing, I don't consider AE a #2 ranked State team, there's a lot of football to be played . Like many coaches say and I know Coach Graham will stand behind this one as well, " Preseason polls don't mean a thing, all that matters is where you finish at seasons end"

"3 State Titles, 2 National Titles, every teams Rival but still no 1 RESPECTS Us(AE) It is what it is! Let's GO AE"

Turtle, when did I give the Tornadoes the 2009 STATE TITLE? You sir are the one that called out the Tornadoes on another post. You predicted an AE victory over the Tornadoes. I like your spirit turtle but your the one predicting future games. I'm begging we play AE in November. :D

Ok, I saw the scrimmage film, and here are some stats from the varsity portion of the scrimmage. I did not include freshmen stats.

Austin-East

Passing yards - 200

Rushing yards - 104

Total Offense - 304

TDs - 2

Penalties - 5

Powell

Passing yards - 106

Rushing yards - 158

Total Offense - 264

TDs - 1

Safeties - 1

Penalties - 3

The statistics are almost even.

Someone said that Austin-East had trouble running the ball... 104 yards is not great, but I wouldn't call it having trouble running the ball.

Penalties were mentioned... both teams had penalties, Austin-East had a few more.

Someone said that the Powell fumble on the goalline was a botched handoff... that's not true. The RB (I think his name is Mobley) had the ball secure for two whole seconds and fumbled when he ran into a pile of players.

Both Austin-East scores appeared to be against Powell's starters and backups... I have no way of knowing for sure.

When Powell scored, Austin-East had in two freshmen at CB (they had on white jerseys). The D-Line was JV (i.e. players that won't see time on Friday night). There were 2 LBs and possibly 2 Safeties that will play some on varsity in the game. The 32 yard TD run by the Powell QB was due to one of the freshmen CBs losing contain. It appeared to be Powell's second string offense.

I still feel like Austin-East controlled the majority of the scrimmage. Austin-East moved the ball well early in the scrimmage, and Powell moved the ball well later in the scrimmage.

Turtle, when did I give the Tornadoes the 2009 STATE TITLE? You sir are the one that called out the Tornadoes on another post. You predicted an AE victory over the Tornadoes. I like your spirit turtle but your the one predicting future games. I'm begging we play AE in November. :roflol:

I do it all for fun. But yea I called out Alcoa on that thread because all of you are giving them the title already so of course I'm going to get on there and talk some smack. I hope AE meets up with Alcoa too in November