09-10 Hampton Bulldogs Basketball: Updates

Some food for thought. Did you ever think that the reason they played the 1-3-1 is to their center, who I will not name, can STAND in the middle of the lane. He cannot guard anyone in man defense, that has already been proven. So you are saying that you want everyone to "man up" aor guard their man? Wouldn't you like to see that.......................talk about getting burnt. You would have to have subs for defense and then sub for offense. They are limited in what they can do when they have the "bigs" in the lineup because the other teams bigs are quicker and can play facing the basket. So, if you are wanting a change in the defense you are saying to put our "big" on the bench???? Is that correct?

i DO NOT understand your comments about WARD AND JONES.............Ward was in foul trouble, but has looked pretty darn good and the paper said JONES had 9 points on 5 or 6 shots......"Ward worse than last year" and "Jones shooting EVERY shot"......OH PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, first of all, after reading some the last few posts, I did not realize Hampton had so many terrible, uneducated fans? It is kind of sad that many of you guys could not even watch a game on TV and be able to keep up with what is going on! I like the 1-3-1 defense at times because it does cause turnovers and speeds up the game. Other times(like against Unicoi) when you are playing a team that can Handle the ball and has shooters it will get you burned! Hampton did not have much choice late in the game when they were behind. They could not just let Unicoi stand out and hold the ball! I personally would have liked to have seen them stay with the man to man a little longer, but that was the coaches choice. Another reason for the 1-3-1 is to hide the big men against smaller teams. Some people have said that they can't play any defense and that is just not true. You cannot ask your big guys to guard other teams guards. It is not their fault that other teams are so small but it does make it hard when they have to guard smaller quicker players all over the court. As far as bashing the players, I think it is pretty pathetic for a fanbase to say the things they say about some of these players. Scorers and shooters are supposed to shoot the ball when they are open! People who are scorers are supposed to drive to the goal and draw fouls and score. I guess the guards are just supposed to stand on the perimeter and pass the ball inside every single play? Jones, Ward, and Hughes are going to miss shots and they are going to commit turnovers but that is just part of being a guard and having the ball in your hands all the time. I thought Jones looked a lot better Friday and had a good game and I think Ward played his best game of the year, even though he only played about 2 quarters. I don't know if some of you guys are jealous of these guys or what? I really don't understand the hate? Hampton fans are supposed to support and take up for Hampton players and not put them down all the time. I know if I were one of these guys and knew what my supposedly own fans were saying, I would find somewhere else to go to school where maybe I would be appreciated. I think there are some other schools out there that would like to have them. If some of you idiots on this board would just learn to STFU when you have no clue about basketball, Hampton will be fine this year! -T Durden

I'm simply saying we need to change the defense up a little.Be prepared. It does not take a basketball genius to see that. Not bashing any player here, I love them all and still expect big things down the road from these kids.

> And if you want to call me an "idoit" or "uneducated" for having an opinion then that's your opinion.<

Go Dogs and God Bless.

You WERE bashing and I didn't come out and call you an idiot or uneducated but from reading your posts....yes you are both! Crawl back under a rock!

At least I can fit under a rock, LMFAO. To say: I wish that player would pass a lil more is not bashing. Ask anyone, ANYONE who has been to a Hampton High School basketball game the past two years and they will tell you that the Bulldogs have a few ball hogs. Why do you get offended so easily? And if you knew who I was you would not be bashing me there "big boy". Who do you think you are? "you are a nobody". LoL, But hey we could do this all day, I'm waiting for your next FAT LIP comment back.....

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't even been to a dawg game and it's happening again.... the easiest way to keep up with the troubles of the alliance is logging in and double-clicking awhile. I have a few concerns:

1. Since there's so much "ball hogging" going on, it's probably safe to say that the Clark kid made the dawgs better when he transferred back to Avery. Just imagine what the board would look like if that kid would have hung around.

2. To be the best, it's a good idea to get it to the best players on the team. Whether anybody wants to admit it or not, Ward is the best player on the team and he has to take a majority of the shots from the outside. By looking at the paper Hughes has been inconsistent since the footballers came back and Jones is too busy trying to run the team. Get it to 13 and things will get better.

3. Rambler said it and I heard it's true.... Hampton's freshmen got throttled by Unaka on Saturday. Plus the Bales kid and Nave only played a little bit because it got so out of hand. By the way the future is looking, coachT better get some more disk space. These "searching for answer" posts will triple in size in a few years.

Think about it

At least I can fit under a rock, LMFAO. To say: I wish that player would pass a lil more is not bashing. Ask anyone, ANYONE who has been to a Hampton High School basketball game the past two years and they will tell you that the Bulldogs have a few ball hogs. Why do you get offended so easily? And if you knew who I was you would not be bashing me there "big boy". Who do you think you are? "you are a nobody". LoL, But hey we could do this all day, I'm waiting for your next FAT LIP comment back.....

I have been to a few Hampton games and have not heard 1 single person say there is a ballhog. If not for the player you are referring to, Hampton would be getting ran out of the gym. Whenever I hear people talk about him, they talk about him being one of the best they've seen in a long time. Ask THE KING. He came up to me in the tourney at Chuckey Doak last year and said those exact words...

I haven't even been to a dawg game and it's happening again.... the easiest way to keep up with the troubles of the alliance is logging in and double-clicking awhile. I have a few concerns:

1. Since there's so much "ball hogging" going on, it's probably safe to say that the Clark kid made the dawgs better when he transferred back to Avery. Just imagine what the board would look like if that kid would have hung around.

2. To be the best, it's a good idea to get it to the best players on the team. Whether anybody wants to admit it or not, Ward is the best player on the team and he has to take a majority of the shots from the outside. By looking at the paper Hughes has been inconsistent since the footballers came back and Jones is too busy trying to run the team. Get it to 13 and things will get better.

3. Rambler said it and I heard it's true.... Hampton's freshmen got throttled by Unaka on Saturday. Plus the Bales kid and Nave only played a little bit because it got so out of hand. By the way the future is looking, coachT better get some more disk space. These "searching for answer" posts will triple in size in a few years.

Think about it

WARD is a very good player, HUGHES has not been on but that will change soon, JONES finds the open man with few turnovers, LYONS busts his butt on every outting, get the ball to the 'BIGS' when they post up and everything will be just fine.....as for JONES "running the team", ask the coaches or any player and they'd say thats his job as PG (he just needs to loosen up and play his game).....(seems too many trips down the floor have plays set in stone)....I'd love to see this team RUN the floor and play as a team....'get ONE man' the ball will never be the answer, WAY TOO MUCH TALENT on this team for that

I have been to a few Hampton games and have not heard 1 single person say there is a ballhog. If not for the player you are referring to, Hampton would be getting ran out of the gym. Whenever I hear people talk about him, they talk about him being one of the best they've seen in a long time. Ask THE KING. He came up to me in the tourney at Chuckey Doak last year and said those exact words...

And once again I agree, He is/"Could be" one of the best.

Think about it

WARD is a very good player, HUGHES has not been on but that will change soon, JONES finds the open man with few turnovers, LYONS busts his butt on every outting, get the ball to the 'BIGS' when they post up and everything will be just fine.....as for JONES "running the team", ask the coaches or any player and they'd say thats his job as PG (he just needs to loosen up and play his game).....(seems too many trips down the floor have plays set in stone)....I'd love to see this team RUN the floor and play as a team....'get ONE man' the ball will never be the answer, WAY TOO MUCH TALENT on this team for that

I agree.... The real thing here to look at isn't your opinion, my opinion, or his opinion, It's the talent that is there at Hampton High. I do believe things will kick into gear. And as easy as it is to do lets not forget this team is still young, I do all the time. there are 3 players on this team that could all be considered some of the best in a long time and they all 3 Jr's.

But once again I do wish Wards passing game would improve. Not just to make the team better but to make himself better as well. Go Dogs, and God bless.

Think about it

I agree.... The real thing here to look at isn't your opinion, my opinion, or his opinion, It's the talent that is there at Hampton High. I do believe things will kick into gear. And as easy as it is to do lets not forget this team is still young, I do all the time. there are 3 players on this team that could all be considered some of the best in a long time and they all 3 Jr's.

But once again I do wish Wards passing game would improve. Not just to make the team better but to make himself better as well. Go Dogs, and God bless.

I MUST AGREE, there are multi players that can come from this Jr group that could be the best of the best at their positions....just keep encouraging them !

Wo Wo Wo Big fella, that is a very bold statement. The best? Lets do some reviewing here. Through this whole board you have bashed these young lads but now they are the best? Now before you say I said, "could be", let me make clear, that you Yellow Bellies ( look it up my friends) need to learn a thing or two about the best. The best would be a person or thing, which in this case is a person, who is successful. Now before you fellow coachTers read any farther I want you to think about that. Now that you have exhausted any brain cells that you Yellow Bellies have, read this and read very clearly my friends. First and for most, to be the best you must win. What have these young (not really all that young young would be playing freshmen) lads won? A few games? Maybe, have they won a district championship? Not many, what about a regional championship? Nope, How about a sub state? Nope, A state championship? Ill answer that one and smile, NO THEY HAVE NOT! Second, have they beat the best? Obviously not, because the previous questions make that apparent. Last but not least the best has the support of a whole community no matter how good or bad the team may be. They do not have maw and paw cursing the coach or for that matter coach cussing a player. They do not have a division between players, parents, and coaches. By stating certain players are the best or could be, shows me and my people your true mentality. Look back in history friends can any of these players with their roles out play players on " the best" Hampton, Unaka,and Cloudland teams? Keep in mind roles stay the same. This may be the problem my friends, to be the best you have to know your role. Maybe some Hampton players, maws,paws, grandparents, and friends do not like theirs roles. Think about it fellow readers. How do nations fall? Individuals want a change, want a higher role, and want a better role, so they will fight to the bitter end at all cost to see this happen. Sounds poetic but is it true Hamptinians? Are they the best?

Julius Caesar

Wo Wo Wo Big fella, that is a very bold statement. The best? Lets do some reviewing here. Through this whole board you have bashed these young lads but now they are the best? Now before you say I said, "could be", let me make clear, that you Yellow Bellies ( look it up my friends) need to learn a thing or two about the best. The best would be a person or thing, which in this case is a person, who is successful. Now before you fellow coachTers read any farther I want you to think about that. Now that you have exhausted any brain cells that you Yellow Bellies have, read this and read very clearly my friends. First and for most, to be the best you must win. What have these young (not really all that young young would be playing freshmen) lads won? A few games? Maybe, have they won a district championship? Not many, what about a regional championship? Nope, How about a sub state? Nope, A state championship? Ill answer that one and smile, NO THEY HAVE NOT! Second, have they beat the best? Obviously not, because the previous questions make that apparent. Last but not least the best has the support of a whole community no matter how good or bad the team may be. They do not have maw and paw cursing the coach or for that matter coach cussing a player. They do not have a division between players, parents, and coaches. By stating certain players are the best or could be, shows me and my people your true mentality. Look back in history friends can any of these players with their roles out play players on " the best" Hampton, Unaka,and Cloudland teams? Keep in mind roles stay the same. This may be the problem my friends, to be the best you have to know your role. Maybe some Hampton players, maws,paws, grandparents, and friends do not like theirs roles. Think about it fellow readers. How do nations fall? Individuals want a change, want a higher role, and want a better role, so they will fight to the bitter end at all cost to see this happen. Sounds poetic but is it true Hamptinians? Are they the best?

Julius Caesar

wanting all to know that the "YELLOW BELLY" comment couldnt be directed toward me for i have not bashed a single player on this thread. I did say "They CAN be the best of the best" and will stick with that.....they CAN if they put it all on the floor for the love of the game......i will agree with you that to be the best YOU MUST KNOW YOUR ROLE and that takes discipline (and also takes a TEAM ) though i believe as long as the team supports one another the community can think what they want

I am an avid bulldog fan and have been for years. I do agree that every great team has to come together and understand their roles on the team. This is really important to this years bulldog team. They need to understand that they have a bunch (and I mean a bunch of role players) on this team and 1 star Dylan Ward the ball should go through him every time down he is a match-up nightmare for teams. The juniors on this years team need to know that they are just plain and simple average players and every thing they get will be dictated off of Ward (not trying to hurt any of the others feelings just stating the truth). You take Dylan Ward off this team we are not even thinking about the state tourny, we are playing North Greene in a close ballgame in the play-in-game at king college (which by the way is another issue). So we need to band together and not have bulldog nation crumble (hahaha) understand the roles and let Ward cut loose because he is by far the best player we have hands down.

Go Ahead, Make My Day!

I am an avid bulldog fan and have been for years. I do agree that every great team has to come together and understand their roles on the team. This is really important to this years bulldog team. They need to understand that they have a bunch (and I mean a bunch of role players) on this team and 1 star Dylan Ward the ball should go through him every time down he is a match-up nightmare for teams. The juniors on this years team need to know that they are just plain and simple average players and every thing they get will be dictated off of Ward (not trying to hurt any of the others feelings just stating the truth). You take Dylan Ward off this team we are not even thinking about the state tourny, we are playing North Greene in a close ballgame in the play-in-game at king college (which by the way is another issue). So we need to band together and not have bulldog nation crumble (hahaha) understand the roles and let Ward cut loose because he is by far the best player we have hands down

Go Ahead, Make My Day!

THANK GOD this isnt the attitude of the coaching staff or WARD himself.....these "plain, simple players" sure help to make WARD look as good as he does....dont believe me? Ask WARD himself !

Oh how we have ruffled feathers of fellow men, Dirty Hair. Let me say this, not only does players need to find a role but so do the so called Hamptinians as well. Some write one is the best, while some get angry over that statement and dispute it. I will say this, listen closely, Hair your statement are correct in essence, he is the "best player" on the 09-10 Bullhoge team. But for him to be the "best" he must realize this and so do about nine other young lads. Not only do they have to come to terms with this fact, so does the four Whippersnappers on the bench shouting profound orders. Now onto you Noit, NO the comment was not directed to you. It was directed to your fellow so called alliance groupies. Their antics and profound accusations have come to obviously disturb certain Hamptinians. In this case they do not know their roles, which I stated previously EVERYONE must know their roles. Hair you seem to understand the essence of playing a role, but do you understand what it means to be the so called "best". This division of lovers and haters seem to bring the question to mind, do you want a change? Do you want to change you young lads role and see if he can complete the task at hand? Maybe you want to change your role. Do you want to bring the nation down to better yourself at the cost of others? These are all question one must ask before he makes such profound statement as I have read recently. How did Troy fall? It was a dominant force to be recon with, but their over bearing ways and selfish attitude hindered them in their thinking. They thought they was the best, but was they really?

Julius Caesar