09-10 Hampton Bulldogs Basketball: Updates

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of teams better not over look University High...Even though they only won 1 game in the Hardees they played Unicoi and Sullivan East down the the wire and they beat Elizabethton pretty bad today.

They are very well coached they are patient on offense,they have a very good inside game.The Evans kid has elevated his game big time since last year and they play very hard on the defensive end.

But overall I think they are going to give some teams problems T.M.O

Coach RC

Alot of teams better not over look University High...Even though they only won 1 game in the Hardees they played Unicoi and Sullivan East down the the wire and they beat Elizabethton pretty bad today.

They are very well coached they are patient on offense,they have a very good inside game.The Evans kid has elevated his game big time since last year and they play very hard on the defensive end.

But overall I think they are going to give some teams problems T.M.O

Coach RC

I agree! I was very impressed with Evans last year!

Hampton loses in a close one to south Greene! Hampton did not play very well and South Greene really has some great shooters. Hate to blame officials because Hampton did not play well enough to win, but the refs were beyond horrible! When you are constantly turning the ball over and doing stupid things with the ball it makes it hard when the refs refuse to make a call against the other team. Everytime Hampton would trap, SG would run 3 steps before they would dribble. Being allowed to do this really helps you to break the trap. Not to mention the refs calling a foul anytime you get close to them. I don't know what the one ref with the dark hair has against Hampton but it was painfully obvious he was holding some kind of a grudge. He never made a call that went Hampton's way the WHOLE game! Maybe some guy from Hampton stole his little girlfriend once upon a time? If Hampton would have played better it would not have mattered. Some of Hampton's players are still a little rusty from football, but they better get that out their system in a hurry because they have a tough stretch of games coming up.

yea I talked to a ref that said they didnt play to well in the 4th quarter and south greene gave them some trouble but everyone knows its tough playing in Greene County thats a given. But its still early you could go 10-22 as long as u win the games that counts when it comes crunch time thats all that matters.

But you still want to get better as the season progresses practice by practice and game by game.

Coach RC

Can't and won't blame this on the Ref's. For whatever reason the Dogs are not playing well. I know that the majority just got out of football but I am seeing other issues besides being rusty. They have all the talent in the world but they have had that before and didn't play to their potential. Last night was certainly disheartening to say the least, but give the Cyclones credit because they played well. Maybe the Dogs have been hearing and reading about how good they are.

OH IT'S NOT REALLY HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHATS WRONG WITH THE DOGS...Same as last year...it's the coaching staff. NO DISCLIPINE...NO DIRECTION...NO RESPECT EITHER WAY...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY...Just like some of the other coaches around the area, the game has passed up the BULLDOG COACHES!!!You are right about the talent, "all the talent in the world" but you gotta have someone to guide and coach the boys. Yes in the past White has done well but he has been blessed with some of the best talent in the state! What has he done with all this talent????? NOTHING!! He needs to give it up to a younger energetic man that really gets involved. Face it JW, your time has come and gone...please get out and enjoy life and your golf game and turn over the coaching duties to someone else. YOU JUST DON'T RELATE TO THE KIDS ANYMORE! STOP HANGING ON AND LIVING IN THE PAST. This post is not to offend anyone, it basically is an opinion but an opinion that is reflected by MANY MANY FAITHFUL BULLDOG FANS! We love BIG BLUE COUNTRY and would like to see someone take this talented group of boys to the state tourney...its been a long time coming (1960). So JW if your a TRUE BLUE DOG, do whats right!!

There's a couple of things we need to remember here. This was an early-season game. We as fans shouldn't read too much into an entire season out of a couple of early games. The football guys haven't been able to practice with the entire team for long, so there are bound to be problems with being out of sync. Elizabethton had a couple of guys that were shooting lights out in the game, and they played some really sticky defense on our perimeter play, getting way too many turnovers from our ball handlers. I expect them to improve on this as the year goes on. There is a lot of talent on this team, with a lot of diferent levels of development in the mix. It's WAY too early to start yelling 'Can The Coach!' I saw a lot of lack of effort tuesday night, and Betsy just plain out-hustled them. It could be that the players have been hearing how good they're supposed to be, and they got just a little too full of themselves. It could be that this bump in the road will do them some good overall, so they'll see they have to show up every night, and not expect theings to be handed to them. Only time will tell.

Okay, Elizabethton's Wash shot the lites out of it and Eliz played probably their best game and it was a couple of late turnovers (made by a Bulldog team that played sorry basketball....PERIOID!!!) that got Eliz their win. BULLDOG BASKETBALL IS BEING TUNED-UP AND WILL BE FINE! Think about it, Jones spent alot of time on the bench (i heard he wasnt at school today because of possible strep) cause he wasnt playing his usual game, Hill and Hughes went to the bench multi times for not playing smart (how many air balls and short shots were put up ? How many rebounds did we NOT get ? Hard to count !) and Elizabethton BARELY WON THE GAME !!!!!

Coaching problem ? Not in my opinion ! Its easy to sit in the stands and disagree with what looks to be bad coaching, but fact is, we dont know what rules and direction the kids are given. If they refuse to play 'D', refuse to box out, refuse to hustle, they must be corrected so that state can be a possibility.