09-10 Hampton Bulldogs Basketball: Updates

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah well i transfered from Unaka at the end of the school year last year...and it got around week 1 of football season and there telling me due to TSSAA im not eligible.??? I had change of address plus i was put up here by the state government because of foster care....how im not eligible idk?? So Clark prob went back to the other side of the mountain because he didnt have change of address but he went to HHS because his dad got a job offer.

There was certainly no job offer. Don't know where you got that info. Didn't happen.

Yeah my mistake it wasnt his father it was his mom i believe.

The REAL story on the Clarke kid....He really wanted to go to Hampton this year and had planned on it for a good while now. He had planned on moving to Hampton all along and thought he had a place to live there. The place he was moving to was supposed to be ready by June at the latest. In August the place became unavailable and the family could not find another place in Hampton to live. Another place was finally found but the family and coaches were afraid it would throw up red flags to the TSSAA and they would find him ineligible even thou everything would be totally legal. He is a great kid and all he wants to do is play ball and win some games(Avery won 3 last year). Everything would have probably worked out but because soooo many people in Roan Mt could not quit crying, bitchin and moanin, he was afraid of what the TSSAA would rule. If I lived in Roan Mtn, the LAST thing I would do is complain about somebody else using an illegal player! They probably hold the all time record for illegal players being used. I KNOW they hold the record for East TN. They couldn't fit all of their illegal players in the whole gym they have used over the years. It's just sad they couldn't leave the kid alone and let him play ball. The only person they are hurting is the kid. They need to grow up and realize that they would not have won half the games they have won in football over the years without all of their NC transfers. Not even half! Hampton is still gonna whip them this year, with or without Clarke, so they have not changed anything.

• 3 weeks later...
I hope its an issue with the football atheletes not being avaliable yet, but my uncle told me that Hampton lost to Sullivan East 82-48 last night in a scrimmage. The Hampton JV played East JV after that and the game was stopped after the 1st quarter with East winning 27-0.

Did anyone see this?

any standouts from either team?

I hope its an issue with the football atheletes not being avaliable yet, but my uncle told me that Hampton lost to Sullivan East 82-48 last night in a scrimmage. The Hampton JV played East JV after that and the game was stopped after the 1st quarter with East winning 27-0.

Did anyone see this?

any standouts from either team?

My info is 2nd hand, but heard that East was on fire all around, and early, with most starters scoring. Said the Cross kid didn't warm up until late, but East's post players scored alot. Cross was the only kid who he knew. He did not know any of the other varsity hampton players.

On JV, my uncle (who works for school system as a maintenance guy and just happend to stick his head in the gym) said that East had one big kid (a freshmen) who had 3 steals and several rebounds, and one kid who did not miss from teh 3 point line.

He also said that it looked like Hampton had atleast 2 athletes who did not play (maybe because of football.)