HOUSTON COUNTY FIGHTING IRISH

TE37

I PUT THIS THREAD ON HERE TO JUST FIND OUT WHO ALL THOUGHT THAT HOUSTON COUNTY FIGHTIN IRISH WOULD GO TO THE STATE TOURNAMENT THIS YEAR .SEEING AS IN HOW THEY HAD THAT LOSS TO DCA LAST YEAR WHICH KEPT THEM FROM GOIN TO THE STATE PLAY OFFS . SO DO YOU THINK THEY WILL GO THIS YEAR ?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All they really have this year is one of the top JR in the midstate Brian Skeleton, then they have Andy Ross shooting threes. Last year they at had the best shot ever of going to the state tournament. They dont have a PG this year thats no where near as good as last years. It'll be hard to even get out of the district with what they have other than Brian who could play with any team in the state and be a stud.

houston county has a sophmore that got no playin time last year that is goin to step up in the point gaurd position . He will help them out a whole lot and then yea they still have ross and skelton and then they have a 6'3 post who is goin to get spome playin time (rick gordon) and then they have another post which is a junir that is goin to get some playin time ( max morris ) we'll see but i bet they go to state this year :o

Well I'll just say this and I may eat my words in March but its not gonna matter who refs Houston Co. because they are not gonna make it to State anyways..They'll be good but when they lost thier PG they lost alot..Brian Skelton and Andy Ross are the teams two best players, Unless Brian does ALOT more (which he is capable) then this team will fall in the regional tournament.

However Chuck happens to be one of the Midstates best refs

Guest joesmart

does it matter if hchs only has andy and brian? what do the other teams in the district bring back. what about the freshman/jv teams of the rest of the district? what about the freshman/jv of hchs? what will it take to win the district? : :confused:

Houston County has had some very good players and teams in the past. Coach L.C. Baggett is a great Coach and has won a ton of games there. I can remember the days of Wayne Tiller, Peter Frodden, the Cornwells and Lyles. Those guys could play. Late 80's they went AA and were in the Region Semis most years. Early 90's went to the class A final 4, with a Ramey running the point. I've got a lot of respect for that program past and present.

THANK YOU , GLAD SOMEONE FINALLY HAS SOME FAITH IJN THIS TEAM . I HAVE BEEN TRYIN TO SAY THAT THE WHOLE TIME THIS TEAM THIS YEAR WILL HAVE JUST AS MUCH OF A CHANCE GOIN TO STATE AS THEY DID LAST YEAR . WERE GONNA HAVE IT TOUGH AND WE WILL HAVE TO WORK FOR IT BUT I THINK WE CAN DO IT . ANOTHER PROBLEM IS THAT CHUCK ARNOLD HES NEVER CALLED GOOD FOR HOUSTON COUNTY I THINK HE MIGHT JUST NEED TO STICK TO THE AIR-CONDITIONERS. :D