10th Annual 1st Look Scrimmage @ Dyer Co.

1ftbldad

Dyer Co. will be hosting the 10th Annual Sport Plus First Look Scrimmage on Fri. Aug. 7th. Teams playing are Lake Co. vs Gleason, Halls vs Ripley, Brighton vs Haywood, Gibson vs Dyer Co. to close it out. Ok fans who are your picks to win? 6pm start time.

LC, Ripley, Haywood, DC..as always anything can happen with when the 'ole oblong pigskin season begins..thats what the 1st looks are for..

Lake Co. beat Gleason 14-6 I believe.

Ripley beat Halls 14-13 or 13-12.

Brighton and Haywood tied at 14.

Dyer Co. beat Gibson Co. 13-0.

Lake Co. and Gleason was a great scrimmage. Lake Co.'s opening play from scrimmage went for a 70 yd. TD run by #10. Gleason kept fighting and pounding the ball right back. Gleason's got to have a better passing game than what they displayed tonight to keep teams off balance. Lake Co.'s #10 is a stud and is hard to stop.

Ripley and Halls was a very good game. Ripley is improved a little from last year and their big RB had some huge gains tonight. Halls offense isn't as near as good as last year due to their extremely good previous QB graduating.

Brighton and Haywood was a good game as well. Brighton relied heavily on the passing game as Haywood relied predominately on the running game. Haywood did have a solid passing game when needed. If I remember correctly, Brighton is putting a new QB out on the field this year as last years QB graduated if I remember right. Both these teams should have a good season.

Dyer Co. and Gibson Co. was a good game in the night cap. GC caused 3-4 turnovers and moved the ball at times on DC's defense and then didn't move the ball at times. DC's defense is extremely quick and all 11 players out there for them are head hunters. They should have a good season. Good Luck to the Choctaws this season!

Lake Co. beat Gleason 14-6 I believe.

Ripley beat Halls 14-13 or 13-12.

Brighton and Haywood tied at 14.

Dyer Co. beat Gibson Co. 13-0.

Lake Co. and Gleason was a great scrimmage. Lake Co.'s opening play from scrimmage went for a 70 yd. TD run by #10. Gleason kept fighting and pounding the ball right back. Gleason's got to have a better passing game than what they displayed tonight to keep teams off balance. Lake Co.'s #10 is a stud and is hard to stop.

Ripley and Halls was a very good game. Ripley is improved a little from last year and their big RB had some huge gains tonight. Halls offense isn't as near as good as last year due to their extremely good previous QB graduating.

Brighton and Haywood was a good game as well. Brighton relied heavily on the passing game as Haywood relied predominately on the running game. Haywood did have a solid passing game when needed. If I remember correctly, Brighton is putting a new QB out on the field this year as last years QB graduated if I remember right. Both these teams should have a good season.

Dyer Co. and Gibson Co. was a good game in the night cap. GC caused 3-4 turnovers and moved the ball at times on DC's defense and then didn't move the ball at times. DC's defense is extremely quick and all 11 players out there for them are head hunters. They should have a good season. Good Luck to the Choctaws this season!

Pioneer thats a pretty accurate post. Brighton QB has a good arm the last series they had in the red zone they just could not keep it together with all the fumbles, with a little more tweeking I think they may do ok in AAA(5A). Was the QB for Gibson actually a QB he has the build of a FB and it look to limit him. Number 69 looked pretty good at QB. Ripley needs to work with their recievers #21 dropped some pretty good passes. Plays of the night for me was the two long ball Brighton threw against Haywood and the hit of the night goes to Ripley.

The first QB we had in tonight (the one with the FB build) will most likely be our QB this season. He has a better arm than the second QB, but isn't as mobile as him. If our line gives Lee (1st QB) enough time to get the pass off, he's usually right on the money. He's only a Jr. this year and has worked hard on his footwork and his passing to get in the position he is now. His scrambling may be a problem though, but like I said if he can get the pass off, it's usually where it needs to be. The ball that got deflected and DC intercepted should've been caught by our WR. This is our first year in this offense and I'm really starting to like it. We looked better tonight than we did against Greenfield or Union City scrimmages.

Play of the night for me was in the first game. Lake Co. put their stud player (#10) at QB, they had two RB's back there with him, he faked a hand off to each RB, had a receiver wide open down the middle of the field and right as he through the pass he got leveled. It resulted in about a 65 yard TD pass. The hit of the night most definately has to be the hit by the Ripley player on the Halls kid. That boy got LEVELED!

The first QB we had in tonight (the one with the FB build) will most likely be our QB this season. He has a better arm than the second QB, but isn't as mobile as him. If our line gives Lee (1st QB) enough time to get the pass off, he's usually right on the money. He's only a Jr. this year and has worked hard on his footwork and his passing to get in the position he is now. His scrambling may be a problem though, but like I said if he can get the pass off, it's usually where it needs to be. The ball that got deflected and DC intercepted should've been caught by our WR. This is our first year in this offense and I'm really starting to like it. We looked better tonight than we did against Greenfield or Union City scrimmages.

Play of the night for me was in the first game. Lake Co. put their stud player (#10) at QB, they had two RB's back there with him, he faked a hand off to each RB, had a receiver wide open down the middle of the field and right as he through the pass he got leveled. It resulted in about a 65 yard TD pass. The hit of the night most definately has to be the hit by the Ripley player on the Halls kid. That boy got LEVELED!

GC..I replied to your other post about #10..I told you it was sophomore Rickey Boyd..I may have told you wrong because I didn't really look at the numbers..Ricky Boyd is the sophomore running back that ran 70 yards on the first play..The player that was playing quarterback on the play you're talking about was receiver ,Patrick Robertson,the basketball player for Lake Co..Didn't really look at their numbers though..But anywat,it was two different players on those two plays..!

Oh ok, my bad. It was still impressive. I'm looking forward to playing Lake Co. this year. It could very well wind up being a shootout. Our offense didn't score last night against DC, but we looked good. We will only get better with it. See ya in Lake Co. in a few weeks! Will be great to meet you as well....