Jamboree @ Covington

treefitty74

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not sure if Ripley has improved much or not. They have athletes, but last week at DC those athletes weren't utilized very well except with the 1 good RB they had. I understand they're under a first year coach, but the Ripley teams from these past couple of years are a disgrace to the Ripley teams with Ramon and Renardo Foster as well as Blake McAdams.

Well, I'm not sure if Ripley has improved much or not. They have athletes, but last week at DC those athletes weren't utilized very well except with the 1 good RB they had. I understand they're under a first year coach, but the Ripley teams from these past couple of years are a disgrace to the Ripley teams with Ramon and Renardo Foster as well as Blake McAdams.

I agree the program went way down, but under the new coach they have worked at learning a new system amongs other things. According to visionaire's earlier post it sounds like the new Covington Chargers look like the old Ripley Tigers...'emm

Fball Dad...DON't....Don't...Don't bet on either of your picks (Munford and Ripley). Munford is simply awful and Ripley will not be able to find a way to finish off Brighton. Tipton Co. is in a world of hurt as for as high school football for the year.

Friday is fastly approaching I believe I will make to Covington to see for myself whats going on in T Co. Right or wrong I will post it on here friday night or sat morning for now I feel strongly about the underdogs. Visionaire Brighton must not be to awful if you feel they will beat Ripley or is that the only exception in T Co. this year? I was kind of concerned as to how they will do against AAA(5A-6A) schools this year.

ftballdad...I will repeat myself and also offer an explanation. Munford is terrible! Covington is not much better. Covington has some decent athletes however, a lack of athletes is not the problem. Brighton is by far the better of the Tipton schools, however, they will not be able to win their 5 team district. Look for Dyer Co. or Hardin to finish in the top spot. Brighton has also beefed up their non-district schedule from the patsies they've played for the last several years. Look for Brighton to finish somewhere around 5-5. Haywood should put a sound whipping on Munford. Brighton will handle Ripley. Obion and Briarcrest win. I'll expect a report from you Friday night. I'll be watching my Trojans put a thumping on Houston!

ftballdad...I will repeat myself and also offer an explanation. Munford is terrible! Covington is not much better. Covington has some decent athletes however, a lack of athletes is not the problem. Brighton is by far the better of the Tipton schools, however, they will not be able to win their 5 team district. Look for Dyer Co. or Hardin to finish in the top spot. Brighton has also beefed up their non-district schedule from the patsies they've played for the last several years. Look for Brighton to finish somewhere around 5-5. Haywood should put a sound whipping on Munford. Brighton will handle Ripley. Obion and Briarcrest win. I'll expect a report from you Friday night. I'll be watching my Trojans put a thumping on Houston!

Ok visionaire here it is, all your predictions were dead on except one, munford/haywood which I will save for last on my post. To start Brighton beats Ripley 40-0, Ripley just couldn't get anything going, Ripley players felt as if they could but the coach put in his freshmen and juniors with about 2mins left in the 1st quarter and they finished the game. Obion looks like a total different team from last season I think, they beat T/Rosemark by two TD's if I'm correct. Briarcrest beat Covington 20-8, Covington didn't score untill briarcrest put in all their JV players. If they don't get a passing game it will be a long season for them. Now for the game in which we had a strong difference in opinion on and it was the only predictions that I was right about. Munford beat Haywood 15-14. Haywood scored two quick TD's within about the first two or three minutes, once off of a munford bad snap three plays in the game and I believe the other one was on the hills of an pick. Munford gave up that on pick and five fumbles. Then they were ready to play. Haywood also gave up one pick and five fumbles, but their QB was sacked at least four times I lost count. Now I'm not saying you were totally wrong about Munford beacause I hadn't seen them before today, but I had seen Haywood. I didn't and still don't think Haywood will be the powerhouse that they are expected to be because of how they looked last and today. It looks as if the tallent is their but its lacking something and I'm not sure what, and I think O line and D line is much smaller than they usually have which could be why their QB was sacked numerous times. I'm not sure if you have had a look at Haywood this season, but if not and when you get the chance you might understand why I didn't think they would win. I felt that when they played Brighton last week that if it would have been a full four quarters Brighton could have run away with it but instead it was a tie. Thats my two cents I know it wont buy much but my opinion. I look to read your post. One question if Munford is terrible what is your discription of Haywood?

Ftbdad...Thanks for the report. I just got in from our game with Houston. Needless to say, I'm disappointed with what I saw out of our Trojans tonight. Spotty is the best description I can give for our performance. Hopefully we will put everything together shortly.

As for the games you saw tonight, I'm not surprised at anything you reported with the exception of the Haywood-Munford matchup. I can only surmise that Haywood is not the same team they've been over the past several years, and I'm assuming that losing Coach Stowe to D'burg is a major part of the reason. As for Munford and Haywood...Any team(s) that turn the ball over 6 times in a half can't expect too much success if that trend continues. Sounds like it was a comedy of errors to me!

Look forward to the season beginning next week. Hope we fare better in the Bridges execution-wise than we did tonight. Thanks for the update!