Cheatham County Cubs @ Smith County Owls

BoardHater71

I watched Smith County in person against Glencliff and I saw the film that the coaches traded last weekend of the Owls scrimmage against DCA. I heard that the jamboree was good work for them and that they looked sharp against Cookeville. Are those the only scrimmages the Owls have had this preseason?

Only 2 scrimmages and the jamboree. The Friday before the DCA scrimmage SC was supposed to scrimmage Anderson Co.. That fell through and it was too late to get another.

I quit trying to figure out whether SC looks good or bad in scrimmages.There are times I think they looked good and the coaches were not happy...and I thought they looked bad and the coaches were pleased. See, Coach Maynord has me trained .I just wait until he tells me how I'm supposed to feel. :thumb: Cookville (I think) was some good work. It took a series or 2 to make adjustments, and adjust to their speed.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't make it this past Saturday morning as he and Coach Maynord met and exchanged film at 8:00 a.m. that morning. We had Coach Jackson and several of the kids off of the team show up for the show this past weekend. I went down and observed as the coaches looked at the Owls on film and they seemed very impressed. As a whole they believe Smith County has some big linemen who are athletic and a quarterback who can throw the ball very well and several receivers who do a good job of making the plays when they are presented. On offense #7, #5, #2, #47, #1, #13 were noticed. On defense #51, #30, #5, #7, #72, & #52 were all standouts.

Smith County is a very good football team with a lot of players who can play the game. Obviously with #7 & #5 being brothers you know that they have been doing it together all throughout their lives. I am sure that for most of the players on the Owls football team that they have been playing together forever now it seems. That is good. They will remember this moment for the rest of their lives.

2 more days :blush:

Hey imallin.....ole Howdy was looking for somewhere to eat before the game. What would you recommend for him?

Your kind of right Howdy. Most of these Srs. didn't play Jr. Pro football. A lot of these kids that met on the baseball field. With the feeder schools around the county, some didn't go to school together until High School but all knew each other very,very well. I know #1-#18-#30-#69-#72-#76 all went to a small grade school in the western part of the county.Union Heights. These 6 won the county basketball tournament their 8th grade year. They all play Jr. High football for Smith County Middle School. They have grown up together and are a very tight knit group. You hardly ever see just 1-2, there is always 4-5.

#5 #7 #13 #18 #30 #38 #44 # 45 #47 #50 #51 #52 #54 #55 #58 #63 # 69 #72 #76 #91 are all pretty close.#5 and #7 are family...they are all like brothers.. It's bitter sweet.........They are finally Seniors..........which means it's almost over for this bunch.

The game notes are now posted. It looks like the opening week of this season will be much similar to the opening week of the 2005 season when showers and storms pushed right through the midstate area delaying several games for hours and even some until the following evening. Bring your umbrellas people because it's going to be awfully wet outside.

The game notes are now posted. It looks like the opening week of this season will be much similar to the opening week of the 2005 season when showers and storms pushed right through the midstate area delaying several games for hours and even some until the following evening. Bring your umbrellas people because it's going to be awfully wet outside.

Howdy - just drove by the Hole and they are painting the field. I guess trying to get it painted between showers. Scarey feeling to see the heat waves rising out of the Hole.

It has rained off and on all day. At times very hard. The Hole drains good and has a very good playing surface (lots of grass). I don't think the field will be muddy due to the good surface. Anyway, as Howdy said, better bring your umbrella.

Hey 7.........you ought to come on down to the hole. Having roots from around Hoggtown you will be amongst friends and family. I know you what to support you team during the 1st game but that bunch or ridgerunners shouldn't present much of a challenge to your waspers. Sc plays a team that nobody in this area knows a whole lot about. I believe the year after your dad graduated,SC played Cheatham Co. That was one of the 3 games SC won that year. The Cubs may be looking for some payback. :mellow: