Cheatham County Cubs @ Smith County Owls

BoardHater71

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the game and don't really know what to think of it.

IMO, Cheatham is worse than last year's Gville team.

Their secondary looked has a lot to work on. I think Johnston only threw two passes were a defender was within 5 yards of the Owl receivers. And, Cheatham ran about as vanilla of an offense that I've ever seen on the high school level. The only thing that looked good about Cheatham was their pass protection and they did lay a few licks. Cheatham's QB had all day to throw; he just couldn't get it to the receivers.

It was really hard to tell much about the Owls due to this.

I was impressed with Johnston. He looked good running and throwing.

And, Silva is a good hard runner. He gets his pads low and never slows down.

Also the Owls defense played downhill all night. They looked good, IMO, in large part to Cheatham's offense.

Yep...SC played awful. I dread the trip to Kittieland next week. Maybe we can keep it close somehow.

I definitely didn't say the Owls played awful. You just couldn't tell much about them because cheatham was so bad.

Just got back from the game and don't really know what to think of it.

IMO, Cheatham is worse than last year's Gville team.

Their secondary looked has a lot to work on. I think Johnston only threw two passes were a defender was within 5 yards of the Owl receivers. And, Cheatham ran about as vanilla of an offense that I've ever seen on the high school level. The only thing that looked good about Cheatham was their pass protection and they did lay a few licks. Cheatham's QB had all day to throw; he just couldn't get it to the receivers.

It was really hard to tell much about the Owls due to this.

I was impressed with Johnston. He looked good running and throwing.

And, Silva is a good hard runner. He gets his pads low and never slows down.

Also the Owls defense played downhill all night. They looked good, IMO, in large part to Cheatham's offense.

Yep...SC played awful. I dread the trip to Kittieland next week. Maybe we can keep it close somehow.

I definitely didn't say the Owls played awful. You just couldn't tell much about them because cheatham was so bad.

Yeah..no way the reason Cheatham looked so bad was because of SC. I just hope the Kitties don't hurt our little guys. We're small...but we're slow. :thumb:

Ever take those blue colored glasses off, croz? CC might have been comparable to last years Gville squad, but worse??? No way.

IMO, next weeks score will be similar to tonights. We'll just have to wait a week to see it.

I really do think they were worse.

The QB was worse, the secondary was worse, but their line may be better.

I don't think it will be that one sided next week. I could be wrong. Like I said, it was hard to tell much about SC.

They do have a great passing game, but when the secondary is out of position as much as Cheatham was tonight, you'll look even better.

No way our receivers can run that wide open against those tiggers?? Again, a week away. Seems I remember 48 reasons why it might be just as bad. Maybe it will be a better game and SC only wins 42-7??.

Cheatham's corners looked lost. They played four of em, and none of them could cover the Owl receivers.

Their secondary was biting on any play action that the Owls were running, and didn't keep their eyes on the receivers.

Good game.Too many holding calls (I saw two that was ??). Need to hang on to the ball better. Line played very good. Backs ran well. Recievers caught everything they were susposed to catch. I've got to give some guys extra credit...#55 Ponder...#3 Webb...#45 Pinson...suprised me a little tonight on defense. The whole D-line play very good. #58 Denny #76 Mckinney #72 Vance and #55 Ponder. #7 and #5 the Johnston boys played like you would expect them too. Brandon was something like 14 for 16 for 300 yds. But the one that really stood out was #58 Grant "Rooster" Denny. Cheatham's stud hog molly #78 was on Rooster most of the night on ofense and defense. Rooster handled him pretty dog gone good.

Good job guys by the rest of the owls....

And what about that isn't just like g-ville in the last 6 or 7 years.......NOTHING. CC is way better than last years G-ville team. THEY NEVER QUIT. I wouldn't dare talk down about G-ville like you did CC.....even if it looks similar to tonight. If it looks similar next week...make sure you bash your Tigers the way you bash the Cubs.

And what about that isn't just like g-ville in the last 6 or 7 years.......NOTHING. CC is way better than last years G-ville team. THEY NEVER QUIT. I wouldn't dare talk down about G-ville like you did CC.....even if it looks similar to tonight. If it looks similar next week...make sure you bash your Tigers the way you bash the Cubs.

Did I not speak the truth? The Cubs are a young team, just like the Tigers were last year. Cheatham will struggle immensely this year. I think a Cub fan told me that they had 4 seniors.

Believe me, if I think Gville looks horrible next week, I'll be the first to say it. I've already been accused of bashing them already this year.

Your right about CC not quitting, and I've already give them credit for getting after it and laying licks.

Oh, and I will defend the Owls. There were some folks from Cheatham unhappy with the Owls' second team going for it on 4th down being up as much as they were. I didn't see nothing wrong with it. You can't tell the kids not to play.

I agree...CC never quit. I liked the upbeat attitude of their team after the game.

That is a reflection of their coaching staff.