Cheatham County Cubs @ Smith County Owls

BoardHater71

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking foward to Howdy's visit. I hope he has a good time, meets the good people of SC, enjoys the atmosphere, and has a long,long ride home. Maybe he will hear that train whistle in his sleep.

Croz.....I have a couple of XL shirts, Black or Gold if you need to borrow one. If you can't do that, how bout white-orange-green-red......or being from G-ville ,I know you have a couple of wifebeaters in the dresser. ^_^

Bring some more with you...Rusty, Admiral, the whole crew.

I'm looking foward to Howdy's visit. I hope he has a good time, meets the good people of SC, enjoys the atmosphere, and has a long,long ride home. Maybe he will hear that train whistle in his sleep.

Croz.....I have a couple of XL shirts, Black or Gold if you need to borrow one. If you can't do that, how bout white-orange-green-red......or being from G-ville ,I know you have a couple of wifebeaters in the dresser. ^_^

Sorry, no wifebeaters, and I don't know if I can handle Rusty and Admiral both.

I am counting down the days now that we are in the single digits folks. Can't wait to meet Termite, Antwan, and the rest of the Owls faithful. I had a chance to meet croz6110 at the game between Gordonsville-Cheatham County. I am already setting up my game day schedule for the 21st. I do know that the coaches from both teams hooked up today and set up a time and date to swap the films from the preseason. Both teams will be very familiar with one another by the time gameday rolls around for this one. Where is a great place to stop and eat for some of us fans making the trip from Ashland City? It's not quite going to be good tailgate weather next Friday I wouldn't guess but the way that this summer has been weather wise you never know. We could already be looking out for snow flurries :thumb:

Croz.....I have a couple of XL shirts, Black or Gold if you need to borrow one. If you can't do that, how bout white-orange-green-red......or being from G-ville ,I know you have a couple of wifebeaters in the dresser. :thumb:

Sorry, no wifebeaters, and I don't know if I can handle Rusty and Admiral both.

I didn't think Admiral would even cross the river!! :thumb:

Yes there is a radio station here and yes we do have a weekly show on Saturday mornings starting at 8:30 a.m. The show is called "Sports Round Table" and it is held at B.J.'s Family Restaurant in Pleasant View. The players and coaches who attend the show every week are treated to a free ALL YOU CAN EAT breakfast buffet.

From 8:30-9:15 a.m. I will interview Cheatham County Cubs head football coach Cody Finley and several of the players and this week will recap the preseason, talk a little bit about the jamboree and what is the goal for the jamboree, and finally we will do a full preview of the season opener against Smith County.

From 9:15-10:00 a.m. I will interview Sycamore War Eagles head football coach Gary Halstead and several of the players and this week will recap the preseason, talk about the jamboree that Sycamore plays on Friday night at Clarksville High School against the Wildcats, and finally we will do a full preview of the season opener against Clarksville-Northeast.

You can either listen to the show by tuning in to WQSV AM790 or you can listen via the world wide web at http://www.wqsvam790.com to hear the show. You can also go to that link, or you can listen over the Cheatham County Cubs Football Fan Page (link already provided), to listen to the broadcast of the Cubs jamboree contest on Saturday night versus Jo Byrns.

I am counting down the days now that we are in the single digits folks. Can't wait to meet Termite, Antwan, and the rest of the Owls faithful. I had a chance to meet croz6110 at the game between Gordonsville-Cheatham County. I am already setting up my game day schedule for the 21st. I do know that the coaches from both teams hooked up today and set up a time and date to swap the films from the preseason. Both teams will be very familiar with one another by the time gameday rolls around for this one. Where is a great place to stop and eat for some of us fans making the trip from Ashland City? It's not quite going to be good tailgate weather next Friday I wouldn't guess but the way that this summer has been weather wise you never know. We could already be looking out for snow flurries :roflol:

Brendas Restaurant is a great place to stop and get your pre-game meal. We're about a week away until the kickoff of the 2009 season. This one will be exciting, but I see SC coming away with the W when it's all said and done.

Hope that both teams are able to get in some solid work and are also able to stay healthy this weekend in their respective jamborees. 1 week from this moment and we'll be listening to Murphy Fair on 104.5 'The Zone' and getting geared up for that first Friday night under the lights. I can already smell the concessions cooking & hear the band playing, the cheerleaders cheering, and the pads popping.

Didn't mention anything about train whistles now folks..... B)

Hope that both teams are able to get in some solid work and are also able to stay healthy this weekend in their respective jamborees. 1 week from this moment and we'll be listening to Murphy Fair on 104.5 'The Zone' and getting geared up for that first Friday night under the lights. I can already smell the concessions cooking & hear the band playing, the cheerleaders cheering, and the pads popping.

Didn't mention anything about train whistles now folks..... B)

What train whistle ?

Howdy.......depending on what you like to eat, we're limited, but there are a few places. But the SC Q-back club now operates BOTH conession stands and they usually have some pretty good stuff.

The SC/G-ville radio program comes on Thursday night at 6:00. It's on line. I think there is a link on the

SC website.

Your right, burgers cooking, band playing, music for the dance team, starting line ups, warm ups, crowd buzzing, running through the banner, kids forming a tunnel for guys they look up to, and fireworks going off. It don't get much better. One week away.

The other side will bear the brunt of the T... W......You'll be in the press box it won't be AS loud. B)

Bring a crowd with you Howdy.I promise you, most of them hadn't seen anything like this at a high school game.