Dobyns Bennett 2009

IndianNation

Well folks, today was the end of the scrimmages. Now it's time for the real fun to begin!!!! I will go ahead and give my opinion on todays scrimmage. I felt the defense did a whole lot better. They penatrated the line and got several sacks!!!! They just need to work on stopping the running game. To many passes being completed. O-line did good as well saw a few blocks missed but this will happen. They will be just fine. Our biggest problem I see is the qb position. I will state my opinion. Seabolt needs to stay at QB. He is much more consistant and a very quick thinker. His style is very close to Jamie Crawfords. The players seem to follow his pattern real well. I think Roop has a stronger arm but when weighing out what the team needs, Seabolt will benefit us more at QB than playing on the out. I know not all will agree but this is just my opinion and not meant to offend others.......ROLL TRIBE :motorbike:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only saw the scrimmage last Friday... who did we scrimmage and did Roop start @ QB? How did he play? Sean S. played QB better than I expected against Knox Central. He is a very good scrambler, has really good field vision. He completed the short passes just fine, but I am concerned about his deep ball or down field passes. #32 ran well that night and the blocking was good at times and no so good at other times.

Looking forward to seeing all the teams in the Big 8 (5A/6A District 1) play in the Jamboree.

Roll Tribe Roll

I only saw the scrimmage last Friday... who did we scrimmage and did Roop start @ QB? How did he play? Sean S. played QB better than I expected against Knox Central. He is a very good scrambler, has really good field vision. He completed the short passes just fine, but I am concerned about his deep ball or down field passes. #32 ran well that night and the blocking was good at times and no so good at other times.

Looking forward to seeing all the teams in the Big 8 (5A/6A District 1) play in the Jamboree.

Roll Tribe Roll

Maryville and Roop did start at QB. He made several mistakes and for some reason was not running some of the plays the coach was calling. We know this because GC hit the field in a tantram. Seabolt came in and did a seamless job as he did last week. His arm is not real strong. He threw a 40-45 yard pass down field and it looked like it was in slow motion. He needs to throw distance all week and work on that!!!! He is a great scrambler and thinker. He has a great view of the field and will not sit in that pocket. He will unload or get 5-10 yards just about everytime. I think it will benefit the team and we will get more out of seabolt at QB. Chris ran the ball great and had several nice holes compliments of the O-line. Noticed Corey Hall was playing alot more defense than normal and did a great job. Jason Michaels is looking really good this year, making some big plays. The scrimmage seemed short to me but over all it was a good practice for them. I think the score was 14-7 in favor of Maryville (might not be correct), but honestly it should have been more like 28-14 in favor of the Indians. We really did good we've gotta stop the turnovers!!!!!!!

Let's not jump ship just yet at QB. Remember, Roop just got over a concussion and did'nt practice for a whole week. No wonder the timing was off as well as execution. We need the threat of the deep ball and he gives us that. If we don't have a QB with the long pass teams are going to load the box on us and we won't be able to move the ball at all. Let's use common sense and let the Jamboree play out and week one will definately show what we need to improve on. After all, we need Seabolt at wideout. If Steele is the only threat, he's going to get double teamed to death. And we all know that no matter how good Chris is, we can't just rely on one person.

I'm ready to see the guys on the field thursday,I wished it was at J Fred and the band was cranking up as well.I seen the 9th graders work today and we have some good looking athletes coming up .They had some speed and a couple of boys I wouldn't want to feed.I like coach Williams and think he doe's a great job helping those players out.That scrimmage with the JV is allways a hard hitter.I remember Chris a couple years ago,wow!

Let's not jump ship just yet at QB. Remember, Roop just got over a concussion and did'nt practice for a whole week. No wonder the timing was off as well as execution. We need the threat of the deep ball and he gives us that. If we don't have a QB with the long pass teams are going to load the box on us and we won't be able to move the ball at all. Let's use common sense and let the Jamboree play out and week one will definately show what we need to improve on. After all, we need Seabolt at wideout. If Steele is the only threat, he's going to get double teamed to death. And we all know that no matter how good Chris is, we can't just rely on one person.

I don't think 3 interceptions and 2 fumbles in let say 45 minutes is jumping ship!!! Seabolt can complete a 20-30 yard pass fine and I would take that all day long plus he has other great assets at qb. I'm not picking at Roop he's a great kid and he has a good arm but right now he is not getting it done. I know it's only a scrimmages but it's prep time. I'm sure Roop will remain starting qb and get it together but I'm also sure he knows he's gonna have to earn his keep now. He did not have a concussion from what his parents said it was more a precautionary thing, so no excuse for so many turnovers except maybe he's a little gun shy.