players to watch in mid state area

thunderstik

Hunter Brothers is for sure someone to keep your eye on. He throws hard ( just a guess ) around 90 for his fastball. Will be a lot of help to shelbyville golden eagles this year. Hit great this summer for the franklin outlaws 17s. World Series MVP as a 16 year old. Like his brother Rex (plays for the rockies) Hunter will play for the Lipcomb Bisons. Comes from a great family.

Another kid to watch this year is Chris Orphanos for the Riverdale warriors. Went 10 and 1 in summer ball with the outlaws. Fastball around 88 (guess) great breaking ball. Always very focused on the hill, works hard. Always has great control. Hits the corners very well. I would like a up date on the schools that are looking at Chris or has he comitted ?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunter Brothers is for sure someone to keep your eye on. He throws hard ( just a guess ) around 90 for his fastball. Will be a lot of help to shelbyville golden eagles this year. Hit great this summer for the franklin outlaws 17s. World Series MVP as a 16 year old. Like his brother Rex (plays for the rockies) Hunter will play for the Lipcomb Bisons. Comes from a great family.

Another kid to watch this year is Chris Orphanos for the Riverdale warriors. Went 10 and 1 in summer ball with the outlaws. Fastball around 88 (guess) great breaking ball. Always very focused on the hill, works hard. Always has great control. Hits the corners very well. I would like a up date on the schools that are looking at Chris or has he comitted ?

Chris is going to Lipscomb

• 2 weeks later...
who are the best mid-state palyer to watch this fall and up-coming spring?
Jake Little, Jr. Franklin. UT, Vandy, Ky,Southern Ill, & a few others have seen him play or have him on their radar thur coaches & reports on his fielding, hitting & knowledge of the game. He is only a junior & should get several D1 offers or be drafted out of high school.

Jake Little, Jr. Franklin. UT, Vandy, Ky,Southern Ill, & a few others have seen him play or have him on their radar thur coaches & reports on his fielding, hitting & knowledge of the game. He is only a junior & should get several D1 offers or be drafted out of high school.

keep dreaming

Hunter Brothers is not a great pitcher. He throws hard but has trouble throwing strikes. Orphanos can pitch but unless he made a big leap this summer, he doesn't throw 88.

Hunter can throw hard and with a little work he will go a long ways. I guess they just gave him that MVP.

As for Chris, I saw him pitch in Ft. Meyers and i guess those 10 or 12 radar guns that said 88 were all broke?

As for you, I guess you could go 4 for 4 on both on them? :lol::D:roflol::roflol::thumb:

I believe if you go back and read my post, I said unless Orphanos made a big jump, he doesn't throw 88. He was more like 82-83 during the high school season. He may have made a jump and good for him. I also said he was a good pitcher regardless. Brothers does have potential. Anybody that throws that hard does, but as of right now he is not a great pitcher. He wasn't even one of Shelbyville's top three guys by the end of the season last year. If he can consistently find the strike zone, he will be dominant. Until then, he is just an average pitcher that has a chance to shut you down IF he can throw strikes. Those are just the facts. I didn't say I wouldn't want him in Columbia!