players to watch in mid state area

thunderstik

Aussie Light ( C/P) -Whitehouse, Tyler Bigler ( IF/P)- Spring Hill, Austin Owen ( IF/P )- Dickson , East Hickmans top players this year will be Jake Voyles (C/P) Austin Lehman ( IF/P) and Derrick Gosset (CF/ P) Derrick is only a Jr. and was our number 2 pitcher last year, he has bulked up,been working out and is throwing very hard ,he should be hard to beat this year.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a couple of Brentwood High players that will be getting alot of attention in the Spring. Robby Ray is currently on the USA baseball team and will be bringing it to the plate for BHS before he leaves to play for Vanderbilt next year.

Also Ryan Shelton is 2nd team all state catcher and is currently catching for the KC Royals Scout team.

There are a couple of Brentwood High players that will be getting alot of attention in the Spring. Robby Ray is currently on the USA baseball team and will be bringing it to the plate for BHS before he leaves to play for Vanderbilt next year.

Also Ryan Shelton is 2nd team all state catcher and is currently catching for the KC Royals Scout team.

Robby Ray should go in the top 5 rounds of the MLB draft. Being a hard throwing LHP and playing for Team USA has really given his career a major boost. Kids that play for the 18U Team USA seem to go very high in the draft.

guys just throwing this out here but tomas huddleson isnt a player to watch in mid tenn hes good but hes not the best pitcher in the region did everybody forget abt caleb keating for wayne county

I don't think anyone is forgetting about Keating from Wayne County. Add him to the list of players to watch. Also don't down T. Huddleston. Pitched for the State Championship team that had a record of 36-6. Now I'm not sure what his record was but I'm sure it was pretty good. He was a Sophomore last year. Has a lot of growing and maturing to do. Keep an eye on him.

guys just throwing this out here but tomas huddleson isnt a player to watch in mid tenn hes good but hes not the best pitcher in the region did everybody forget abt caleb keating for wayne county

If I remember correctly Thomas Huddleston threw a No Hitter against Wayne County last year. I think that he is probably one of the better pitchers in this region. Huddleston played a lot of summer ball and fall ball which would help him improve and I don't think Keating played at all since last spring.

hey wildcat, Keating is a good pitcher, but dont tear down others to make it so. Coach T. should be used in a positive manner, not to downgrade someone like Huddleston who has worked very hard to be where he is today. So lets just say Keating and Huddleston are both good pitchers in single A baseball. Now i would like to add that Jake Todd who catches for independence has worked very hard and has become very solid and should be watched. great kid

I would watch out for these guys,

Carter Watson, Tyler Fullerton, Zack Taylor, David Kosinski - Siegel

Stevie Smith, Griffin Moore, Chase Fann, Tyler Mcdonald, and Dustin Hughes - Oakland.

Ross Mitchell, Zander Weil, Alex Vohndolen, Kyle Checchin - Blackman

Chris Orphanos, Joey Pilazynski, Ryan Stephens, Richie Pearl - Riverdale

I would watch out for these guys,

Carter Watson, Tyler Fullerton, Zack Taylor, David Kosinski - Siegel

Stevie Smith, Griffin Moore, Chase Fann, Tyler Mcdonald, and Dustin Hughes - Oakland.

Ross Mitchell, Zander Weil, Alex Vohndolen, Kyle Checchin - Blackman

Chris Orphanos, Joey Pilazynski, Ryan Stephens, Richie Pearl - Riverdale

I would take Richie Pearl off this list and replace it with Jake Francis

• 2 weeks later...
i never meant to down play huddleson in any way the kid is a great player i watched him pitch that no hitter against wayne county last year he was unhitable in every sease of the word i agree that he along with keating are players to watch in the district

Is the Keating kid a Jr or Sr this year? I think that Huddleston is a Jr. Does the Wayne County team have anything else besides Keating? Do both of the Rice boys still play and do they pitch? Wayne County used to have several guys that I thought might turnout to be good players but they must have just played out. Who will win the district down there this year?