players to watch in mid state area

thunderstik

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnnie Mitchell - Stewarts Creek Middle School. Is a bulldog and throws strikes.

strikes get hit out of the park

And balls become walks which leads to more trouble. We played 4 years of travel ball with him. Hard to find a more composed kid regardless of the situation. Nothing ever rattled him on the mound!!

Staggs is good no doubt and a great kid. I put him on my Players To Watch on a earlier post under this topic. In my opinion he is more of a 2b/3b instead of a SS. Now is he Santa Fe's best SS... YES! There are some really good SS in the state especially the mid state. Boshers (Lawrence County), Bigler (Spring Hill), Keaton (Columbia Central), Josh Lee (Independence), etc...

My radar eye is just fine. I did not see that game. When I saw him, he was 82-83. Please read all of my posts before thinking you know more than I do.

First of all I do know more than you and I did read all your posts...... how do you know he was throwing 82-83 in the spring, did you gun him.... no you did not, you guessed (by that radar eye you have I guess) that he was throwing 82-83 and you were wrong then just as you are now........ it's funny how people get on here and comment with off the cuff comments about kids and when you call them on what they say they can't prove what they say........ do some research first and then comment with facts about these kids..........

Orphanos was indeed typically 82-83 in the spring. And yes, Columbiaguy is right in saying he must have made a big leap, which I do believe he did. Don't worry Columbiaguy, I gotchu :roflol:

My radar eye is just fine. I did not see that game. When I saw him, he was 82-83. Please read all of my posts before thinking you know more than I do.

First of all I do know more than you and I did read all your posts...... how do you know he was throwing 82-83 in the spring, did you gun him.... no you did not, you guessed (by that radar eye you have I guess) that he was throwing 82-83 and you were wrong then just as you are now........ it's funny how people get on here and comment with off the cuff comments about kids and when you call them on what they say they can't prove what they say........ do some research first and then comment with facts about these kids..........

Orphanos was indeed typically 82-83 in the spring. And yes, Columbiaguy is right in saying he must have made a big leap, which I do believe he did. Don't worry Columbiaguy, I gotchu :roflol:

Thanks Bro!

I saw Columbia play last year and again this summer and I don't think Keaton will be a shortstop much longer! Coach Pickle knows more than I do though.

Keaton player for the Sr Legion Post 19 team this summer instead of playing summer ball with Columbia Central. Bryant filled in at SS for Keaton. I would bet that Keaton goes back to SS but Bryant did a really good job also. Columbia's middle IF should be very good.