players to watch in mid state area

thunderstik

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never meant to down play huddleson in any way the kid is a great player i watched him pitch that no hitter against wayne county last year he was unhitable in every sease of the word i agree that he along with keating are players to watch in the district

Is the Keating kid a Jr or Sr this year? I think that Huddleston is a Jr. Does the Wayne County team have anything else besides Keating? Do both of the Rice boys still play and do they pitch? Wayne County used to have several guys that I thought might turnout to be good players but they must have just played out. Who will win the district down there this year?

Wayne County I believe will be very good this year. Pippenger, Warren, Boston Ray, Keating. Add a little Rice. I know i missed some kids, but never count Wayne county out. Their offense gets on a role at times and they pour it on. They have power and some speed. They are definitely not PLAYED OUT. I think Wayne county, Summertown,Loretto No certain order. District 12a will be well represented.

In district 12a, I don't think it's fair to forget about PC. They may have lost a few senior pitchers, but Coach Dunkle knows how to get the best out of players.

Zack Byrd and Aussie Light are both Seniors from White House this year and should have an outstanding year. Byrd has started pitching more as well as Light. White House has a young team but should still be competitive with the larger schools. Go Big Blue.

Aussie Light is definite D1 potential with a small attitude problem. Zach Byrd is all hype. He is not good enough to play at the next level.

• 3 weeks later...

Sr. Brycen Davis - 1B/P - Coffee County

Sr. Dylan Davis - OF/P - Franklin County

Sr. Hunter Brothers - P - Shelbyville

Sr. Jordan Parris - C - Tullahoma

Sr. Chase Morris - CF/P - Tullahoma

Sr. Jacob Honea - SS/P - Tullahoma

Jr. James Plaisted - 1B/P - Tullahoma

Also, Coffee County's 3rd baseman is very talented I just can't remember his name right now. Just some names you might have forgot..

hey 12A. Is there anybody worth mentioning over here in 11A besides Staggs?

Mt. Pleasant (they were in 12A last year, but are moving to 11A this year) has some decent players. Daniel Holcomb, Garret Ring, and Devin Nance to name a few. Hughes an Jed Davis are pretty good players as well, but they quit before last season; i'm not sure if they'll be back this year. Mt. Pleasant could turn some heads in 11A this year with Richland and CA losing alot of talent (Workman, Ayers, Parsons, Malone, etc.). I wouldn't be suprised to see a Mt. Pleasant Summertown rematch in the region finals this season.

I hope MTP does well but they took a hit this fall. Holcomb had surgery on his throwing arm. I believe it was Tommy John Surgery. Holcomb may be back sometime during the season to play some 2B or DH. Ring is the real deal. Since Holcomb is out who steps up behind Ring on the mound for them?

Update on Holcomb - He will be able to hit and play 2B during the high school season and maybe pitch some during summer ball if he decides to play after high school. That is good news for MTP.

The 3rd baseman from Coffee County is he a junior or senior? What is his name? Mr Brothers from shelbyville, can anybody tell me what kind of velocity he has? R or L pitch? Thank You

Brett Harris is his name, Senior.

Brothers has been able to hit 90 mph? Assuming this is exaggerated he can throw mid-high 80's consistently. Righty.

It isn't exaggerated. Brothers touched 91 at the TBCA tryouts last year. However,he hurt his shoulder during football season this year and has just started throwing again. There is no way he will be at full strength when the season begins. Hopefully he will be 100% in May.

Oh man, that's not good. Good thing for him he's already signed!