13AA Basketball Tourney @ Troy

The District 13AA tournament will be held at Obion County Central High School Feb. 13th - 23rd, 2010....It will be the first time the district tourney has been held at OCCHS......The gym seats 1800 with standing room also available.....OC beat out Gibson County and Westview to be able to host...The practically brand new gym and school also boasts plenty of parking with easy access off Hwy 51.....

The Region 7AA tourney will be held at Oman Arena in Jackson with Jax C-M being the host school...Liberty Tech has been tabbed as the back-up site....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a bunch of games in the new gym...I have seen those games from many different vantage points...I've been able to see the game from each place I've sat at....I'm not a big fan of the overall layout of the gym....I'm kind of partial to the top loading horse-shoe designed gyms but you can see the game fine at OC....

Thing about OC is if you sit up top, you're so far away from the action. Westview, GC, Milan, Crockett etc... you're right there in the action. I don't know, OC is a nice gym and all, but I just think the second level being elevated like it is wasn't a good idea. I guess we all have our opinions.

I like Dyer County's design if you are not going to horse-shoe a gym....

District 14AA tournament will be at Lexington

Is anyone besides me tired of driving to Lexington every year. When did they stop moving the tournament around. I could understand the region being there in the past so district 11 would'nt have so far to go but we will no longer play them. Bolivar fans need a break we have traveled many miles over the past several years, but if the tigers are playing we are going. :thumb: