kingz615

Well seeing that franklin got a new linebacker this

year that benches 390???

thats a big boy in the linebackers that for sure adds some size

The leading wide receiver this year looks to be Logan Nelson

He is 6'4" and can really jump. this is his first year playing and has

always just played basketball, but looks to be a good reciver

with great strength and size. He will be a good blocker for the outside runs

and someone that Matt can throw the ball up to and he can go get it.

Franklin will have plenty of size this year and there D fence will be

good enough to stop the other teams from scoring as much as

their high powered offence will

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to put it bluntly.... franklin is a shell of its former self. they have no heart. no work ethic. and most importantly no leadership. they might scrape a victory out of this game but i predict that they will be about 5-5 by the end of the season. sure they arguably have the best running backs in the state, but when it comes to a close game, 3 backs wont be enough with a lackluster offensive line and a mediocre coaching staff. the defense has some returning players, but not the same heart or skill as last year. i dont even know if the almighty coach webb can pull this defense together. good luck with the regular season cause you probably wont see the post season.

Great game and great atmosphere. Congratulations to both teams. Although Franklin won 14 - 10, BGA gave them all they wanted. BGA's defense did a great job keeping Franklin's offense off balance throughout most of the game but wore down in the end. #4 for Franklin has got some sho nuff wheels, as his 55 yard interception return for a touchdown showed. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

My take:

First off great, great, great HS school game to witness... period. If you are a fan of football this game had it all. Attendance was huge, great atomsphere, and great sportsmanship from kids after the game. Breakdown: BGA leads at halftime 10-0 with Franklin very little offense to speak of while the Rebels defense stood up and held BGA from making it worse. Third quarter... Rebels come back after a game changing interception return for a touchdown from senior Alex Ford. Then, Franklin's offense finds away to get it done vs. a defense that had held them under a 100 yards in the first half. Great, Great, Great game.

BGA is young and very talented. Good coaching is evident. BGA will compete with other teams in their district this year. Franklin is young and very talented... YOUNG and very talented. I checked tonight, this offense has 8 new starters on the team... everyone besides the tackle, fullback, and tailback. The team from last year who went to state graduated 8 seniors? I believe 8 new guys would show and I think it did. I cant remember when a coaching staff had to replace 8 brand new guys on one sideo of the ball and expect the same results as the year before. Franklin did show signs of maturity as a YOUNG team by battling back in the second half. After the first half production I didn't know if they could muster a win, but they did. Franklin will learn throughout the year to play with cohesion, and could end up being strong. The only question is how long will it take.

Best of luck to both teams in their seasons... go Williamson Co.!!!

As a parent of a BGA player, I could not be prouder of our kids and coaches. Congratulations to the Franklin High School football team on a hard fought victory. We should all be proud of our players, coaches, and fans for the way they conducted themselves last night. In this day and age where you see so many stories about sports fans, players, and parents acting poorly, our community sets an example for sportsmanship and integrity. GOOD LUCK FRANKLIN, I will be cheering for you to win state this year. Can't wait to get you at our house next year (don't know where we will put everyone).