(Week 0) Beech@Smyrna

Bulldog86

Well let’s get it started this year. Smyrna starts the year off against a Beech team which I do not know a lot about. I believe last year, they won a few games in the playoffs and lost to Hillsboro. I’m not sure what they have coming back but surely there are folks out there that could fill me in about Beech.

Smyrna should not surprise anyone. Smyrna will be physical, Smyrna will be fast and Smyrna will “bring it” for 4 quarters or more if necessary. However, something that may surprise a few people this year is the improvement of the QB and the WR play. I have been to 2 of the 3 scrimmages and a few of Smyrna’s practice sessions and I see GREAT improvement in those two aspects of the Smyrna Program this year. OL looks pretty good. Defense looks very good against the run but needs work against the pass. If the passing game can keep the defenses honest and keep them from keying on the great backs, Smyrna will be really tough to stop. So I fell it is important that the passing games gets it going this year.

Any thoughts on the game?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let’s get it started this year. Smyrna starts the year off against a Beech team which I do not know a lot about. I believe last year, they won a few games in the playoffs and lost to Hillsboro. I’m not sure what they have coming back but surely there are folks out there that could fill me in about Beech.

Smyrna should not surprise anyone. Smyrna will be physical, Smyrna will be fast and Smyrna will “bring it” for 4 quarters or more if necessary. However, something that may surprise a few people this year is the improvement of the QB and the WR play. I have been to 2 of the 3 scrimmages and a few of Smyrna’s practice sessions and I see GREAT improvement in those two aspects of the Smyrna Program this year. OL looks pretty good. Defense looks very good against the run but needs work against the pass. If the passing game can keep the defenses honest and keep them from keying on the great backs, Smyrna will be really tough to stop. So I fell it is important that the passing games gets it going this year.

I always felt like Wilson was going to be a good-great qb, and I think he will be by the time he is done at Smyrna. Best of luck to Smyrna in their season opener.

Not sure why people won't look thru a page or two to find if someone has already started a thread but oh well. Let try to keep this one above the other one, yes. OK.

I've seen a few predictions but I'd like to hear who Beech has coming back from last year, who are their key players, up and comers and so on. I know there are some Beech folks out there.

Not sure why people won't look thru a page or two to find if someone has already started a thread but oh well. Let try to keep this one above the other one, yes. OK.

I've seen a few predictions but I'd like to hear who Beech has coming back from last year, who are their key players, up and comers and so on. I know there are some Beech folks out there.

Main thing Beech has is a couple of VERY good coaches who were in this Region last year and knows Smyrna WELL! Beech made some VERY good additions to their staff this year.

Main thing Beech has is a couple of VERY good coaches who were in this Region last year and knows Smyrna WELL! Beech made some VERY good additions to their staff this year.

I believe Beech lost almost all of their starters from last year. Smyrna with an easy win.

my question with Smyrna is do they play up to potential...or are they a year away......have some of the best talent in the state.....but have some big games......they beat beech though IMO

beech lost almost everything from last year. they have a pretty good line who is fairly big and a 6-4 te who is pretty good and a big physical fb/lb

Depends on which team show up:

Scrimmages

Gallatin 10 play=not so good

MBA down and distance=Great

Overton down and distance= so so

MBA scrimmage was at home, and so is this game, so maybe that will help. Way to early for anyone to assume anything will be easy. One word of advice though, leave your egos at home.

Depends on which team show up:

Scrimmages

Gallatin 10 play=not so good

MBA down and distance=Great

Overton down and distance= so so

MBA scrimmage was at home, and so is this game, so maybe that will help. Way to early for anyone to assume anything will be easy. One word of advice though, leave your egos at home.

Your last statement is %100 on point for Smyrna's young team!!! I feel Smyrna's biggest issue (early) last year was the "WE are Smyrna" factor. They are LOADED with talent but I hope they don't need to take a few early losses, like last year, to get their heads right. The schedule is too tough for that. They need to play hard and let the score at the end of the game do the talk'en for them. But they are kids and a little talk isn't so bad but too much can be an issue.

Now a few threads back someone said Beech has a good FB and TE. If Beech knows how to use them, that could give Smyrna some problems. I don’t think enough to win the game but Smyrna need’s to be more prepared for boot plays and the old “West coast offence” type plays. It seems that is what was giving them the most trouble in their scrimmages.

Should be fun!!