Can Alcoa beat Maryville?

OLDDE

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say this much:

After watching the replay on Channel 3, I sure do wish we had some guys (or gals) calling the game this year who knows something about Alcoa football. Those guys acted like they had no clue. When the seniors came out on the field for the coin toss, one guy said that it looked like the seniors coming out (questioning if that were true). Then, they couldn't remember Brodus' name, and when somebody told them, they said "Darrell". One of the guys mentioned that Maryville was the only team to give Alcoa a loss since Rankin's been here...they need to do their homework! Fulton beat Alcoa during Rankin's first year (2006). It would also help if they would have the roster in front of them and would do some homework during the week. It's going to be painful watching those replays this year.

First, thanks for the well wishes, Jackson is definately different. But the weather has been good here that last few days and I will get to go see some decent HS Football here. The Football in Chucktown was HORRRIBLE!

Second, Fulton did beat Alcoa in GR's 1st season (2006) on a sorry screen pass to a certain running back-turned- defensive back that got trucked by Cam Newton in the Swamp two years ago. :thumb:

What Lane does is not easy. If it was, more people would do it. I have had years of experience in the field and the broadcast was a week-long event for me. Just ask Rebelsman when he had to get work out of me during football season. :roll:

Alcoa was not only the FIRST team to win six straight titles (Not the Evil Empire) We were also the first to bring SAME DAY coverage of Tornado Football to the masses who were at work at the plant and so older grandparents and great grandparents could see the kids play.

In other words, we did not put up a bunch of trees in the endzone so people could not stand outside and watch the F5, we brought it to you in living color in the comfort of your living room. We were the first and STILL the best! :thumb:

Thanks to great guys like Dick Abbott and Jim Byrd and now Ms Debbie West!

I'm sure the job of calling the game is not easy, and they may have corrected their statement later in the broadcast...I was disgusted after that and turned the channel before kickoff. I guess even Ralph on Rebel Gridiron, oh, I meant Friday Gridiron, doesn't do his homework. Nice of both teams to wear a "54" on their helmets, not just MHS. Great article in the Monday Morning Quarterback about Toney's tribute to the fallen player. He's a great player and wonderful young man who will definitely go far in life.

Yes it was. Hats off to the big boys.

Rebelsman.........How we going to get our partner in crime APB back in town? :thumb:

If I had anything for him I would take him. He is searching for greener pastures. I wish him luck! Charleston is too preppy for him. I am sure they asked him to leave. He should fit in anywhere in Mississippi. :thumb:

Rebullsman..... APB carries hiz spray can all tha time...Shorely ewe could use him two blend orr feathur wif hit.....Chuck-Town now New Jack City?????????.............. :lol:

In other words, we did not put up a bunch of trees in the endzone so people could not stand outside and watch

Ewe tried two watch fer free Fridee nite frum tha parkin' lot at Alcouh inn frunt ov tha knew jim and got R-U-N-N-O-F-T....... :thumb:

Uns had da wrang hat on. B) I park'd in facul't parrkin at Murvul last yur and was good ta go til they spid my nado plate..... :thumb: They throd me in ta the stret! B) You blieve at?!! :lol: