Greenfield vs. Dresden

volfan007

Well, what do yall think? This game will be at the Lion's Den, and the Lion's are humongous. They were 0-10 last year, but they have most of the team back...which means experience. Also, Scott Hewitt is in his second year, so the team has learned him and his ways. The Lions looked much improved from last year. Last year, the Jackets beat the Lions 19-0 at Greenfield. And, the Jackets have won all three scrimmages this year.

So, what do yall see taking place this Friday night?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in the first half, Greenfield was up 12 to 0. The Jackets had the ball inside the Lions 20 two more times, and was unable to punch it in. Dresden was unable to move the ball on our defense in the first half. They scored on a safety, and then with 8 seconds left in the half, they threw a hail Mary pass. The Jackets tipped the ball, and it went right into the hands of the Lion WR for a TD. At the half, it was 12 to 8, Jackets. But, in the second half, the Jackets fell apart. 5 turnovers. Nuff said. We gave them two or three TD's due to the turnovers.

But, this was not a district game, and Dresden is a 2A playoff team. So, shake this one off and get ready for the next one. I will say that Dresden is humongous, and they have a good QB. They have improved a lot from the past two years. They need to stop the dirty play though. They had a lot of late hits...many of them were never called. And, one of the late hits resulted in our DE/TE possibly having his leg broken. It was a flagrant late hit, and it was not called. This kind of dirty play is pathetic, and it's cowardly. The coward who hit our guy late should be ashamed of himself.

like the jamboree, dresden tried to kill themselves with penalties and turnovers, but after the 1st quarter it was total domination up front for dresden. I know with 40 seconds in the third quarter, gfield had ran 5 offensive plays that quarter. They gashed them in the second half while it looked like gfield wilted. I hope the player that got hurt is ok. there were plenty of late hits on both sides and to say that was intentional is a stretch. there was about 8 people in a pile when he got hurt. good luck to both teams as they move forward.

First of all, it was not total domination after the first quarter. Dresden didnt score until the end of the second quarter, and that was a safety that our RB dropped in the endzone and had to fall on it. Then, Dresden scored on a hail Mary pass that got tipped by the Jackets....that all happened with 8 seconds left on the clock.

Secondly, the Jackets had five turnovers in the second half...giving Dresden two TD's. And, yes, after the second turnover, and Dresden punching it in, the Jackets just seemed to have the air let out of them. The game was a lot closer than the score indicates.

Thirdly, from what I understand, the boy was blocking on that play. When the whistle blew, he quit blocking. Then, a Dresden player drilled him in the back. And, now, his leg may be broken. I saw many, many more late hits...especially on a punt that rolled dead by our sidelines.....and the whistle blew, and a Dresden player...I believe that it was #50, came flying in and drilled our FB in the back. The ref never blew his whistle...never called the late hit. And, this was on a ball that had rolled dead. The hit came on a ball that had rolled dead. That boy should have been kicked out of the game for that.

Anyway, like I said, Dresden has improved a lot. Your line is gigantic, and your QB is a player. He can throw and run. I think that yall might win more than you lose this year.

Greenfield has a solid club. Hopefully they can bounce back from this. their schedule gives them a good chance, with an open date then west carroll. but after half time this was one sided. greenfield only had 2 or 3 first downs the whole second half, and mistakes are part of high school football. I think alot of the turnovers were from fatique. dresden wore them down in the second half. its kinda funny that you never hear on these boards that fans from the team that wins ever says, well we won but we played dirty and should be ashamed. there were penalties, its high school and a rivalry, i did not see anything dirty. I surely hope the young man from greenfield recovers quickly. good luck the rest of the year.

cdt,

You are right about the big line of Dresden wearing us down. They are big....very, very big. And, they had more players to run in and out of the game..to give their players much needed rest. I believe that our two best lineman...Chris McMullen and Brodie Cogburn...never left the game in the first half, playing both ways. Also, in the second half, we had a lot of players cramping up on the sideline. At one point, we had three players laying on the ground on the sideline with leg cramps. And, it was a cool night. So, that was a little surprising.