JACKSON CO. VS. HOUSTON CO.

devils08

The Chef says thank you Coach.. Houston Co. should play much better after having some pre game clam chowder from The Chefs Restaurant.. I sure hope all that good coaching HC has been getting finally starts showing up on the field. Lets hope everyone has a injury free game and both teams show good sportsmanship.. Everyone that comes down to Whitvegas should def. stop by and try the Chefs lunch specials of the day..As for The Chefs Prediction it goes something like this...

Houston County 56

Jackson Co. 7

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson County's football program is full of excitement and promise this year. The new leadership and all the hard work the players and coaches invested this spring and summer appear to be paying dividends. Past records and opponents indicate this is a pretty even match but, as the first game of the season, predicting the outcome is little more than a guessing game. I do beleive the JCHC linemen, passing and running games, defensive intensity, and special teams play look better than I've seen in years. The boys believe in themselves and their coaches and are obviously having fun. That's truly what its all about, IMHO. Good luck to both teams and let's just hope that everyone on the field and on the roads enjoy the game and return home safely.

Hey grub how many kids are out for football. I know in the past the numbers have been relatively low. Is the fever back in Blue Devil country ?

Hey Sandbagger someone told me you lapped the field in the 1st flight this past weekend at the golf course! :ph34r: To answer your question the biggest difference this year is most all of the basketball boys have decided to play football. So now you have athletes on the field at all your skill positions. Even though our quarterback is a sophomore he is solid, one of the best i've seen in a long time especially for a sophomore. Our wide recievers and backs are all big. 6'3, 6'3, 6,2 and 6,1. are the recievers. Running backs are solid with Patrick Davis running the ball and the fullback is big as well 6'1 200lbs or right there at it. He is a Ragland kid that transferred in from Cookeville and would have played for them this year so you know that says something. He also plays middle linebacker and from what i've seen (which isn't much) but he looks to be a sure tackler and is always around the ball. Not sure if we will challenge any of the big dogs in our class but we will be better, now how much better has yet to be seen. The coaches are doing a great job so hopefully it will be a fun year for football in JCounty this year.

Not nearly as bad as that 3 on sat and 15 on sun. Where you been haven't seen you around the links much.

Glad to hear that the basketball players are playing. That will make a difference not only to the team but will make them better athletes as well. LA had a few that could have made us a better team but ... Glad to hear from you good luck to the Blue Devils not only in football but round ball as well.

Jackson county looked like a good well-rounded team. Won 54-7. Way to go blue devils!! JC had an excellent passing and running game. QB Goad has shown great improvement with accuracy and timing. Davis did great job running ball. Recievers all seem to have good hands. Offensive line much improved. Defense did a great job. Way to go JC!!!!