Bridges classic

trojanarmy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Millington can not throw the ball effectively vs Olive Branch, then it's gonna be another very long nite for Millington.

The "3-yards-in-a-cloud-of-dust" stuff simply ain't gonna' work vs Olive Branch.

TraderB:

Are you going to the Melrose/CBHS game tonight? I'm going to see Whitehaven play Hamilton.

Yes.

Sorry I wasn't able to respond earlier, kwc. I was away from my computer all day.

-------------------------------------

It turned out to be a very exciting game.

I'll likely post some observations, at some point.

P.S. Looks like your Tigers' offense clicked on all cylinders vs Hamilton!! That's a good sign, IMO, regardless of the opponent.

Well, I attended the CBHS/Melrose game. And again it went pretty much as I expected; with the exception of me not taking into account the heart and pride that the Melrose program/Orange Mound community seems to instill in their football teams. They did not quit, fold, or fall apart when things were going bad and never lost their confidence; I will also give the coaching staff some credit for that. I believe that I said too many mistakes, no kicking game, and poor coaching, would be too much to overcome for this less than typically talented Melrose team- and that was the case. This team is not as talented nor as deep as what I have come to expect from Melrose. Though Watson is a good high school running back, he is no Joe Doss or Graig Cooper. Though he did not have the same type of blocking from this Melrose line as he did from that CBHS line when he was there during his freshman year, still there were times when it appeared as if he had some room to run, but lacked the speed, quickness, or vision to make more out of it. Yes, the young Melrose quarterback has potential and could be a good one in the future, but many of those passing yards were the result of scrambling efforts, a very slow CBHS secondary and/or poor scheme, and one fortunate bounce :thumb: .

Though CBHS is a little better than last year, they're still just a team that is more prepared than talented, and that has a great kicking game, which more times than not and especially early in the season, is too much to overcome for most inner-city and other typical public schools.