Lake County Falcon Football

spellerone

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting on reply about Jv and freshman games. Now to answer one of your other points, maybe he is playing the starters longer than he should but this is the beginnning of the year and he feels that they need to be in shape to play whole game against teams like Humboldt and Union City. No I dont think the two teams he played were good, missed point they are same teams you have been playing thats why some of previous teams have had winning records. He did not make this schedule it was done before he got hired. My grip is why are you so negative, he is a first year head coach and he has won a couple games. He has learned from two of the better coaches in west tn. Give him time to grow and learn from his own expriences. He will be a good coach if the town people support him, be positive so kids will still play. If parents or fans are telling them not to play you are doing kids and team an injustice. As for bringing up the coaches son in jr high what proof do you have that anything like that is going to happen. I beleive that Snow will play the best players not the kids of a coach, he wants to win just like you and the kids.

Still waiting on reply about Jv and freshman games. Now to answer one of your other points, maybe he is playing the starters longer than he should but this is the beginnning of the year and he feels that they need to be in shape to play whole game against teams like Humboldt and Union City. No I dont think the two teams he played were good, missed point they are same teams you have been playing thats why some of previous teams have had winning records. He did not make this schedule it was done before he got hired. My grip is why are you so negative, he is a first year head coach and he has won a couple games. He has learned from two of the better coaches in west tn. Give him time to grow and learn from his own expriences. He will be a good coach if the town people support him, be positive so kids will still play. If parents or fans are telling them not to play you are doing kids and team an injustice. As for bringing up the coaches son in jr high what proof do you have that anything like that is going to happen. I beleive that Snow will play the best players not the kids of a coach, he wants to win just like you and the kids.

It sounds like to me that he just has a son (or realitive) who hasnt got enough playing time yet so he will just complain instead of supporting what is best for the team. He does not want to beat the teams you must beat to be able to compete in the playoffs. An early game against a weak team can be used as a chance to get better by the starters so that when situations arise later in the season the team will be prepared. He just wants everyone to play like in little league. I would be willing to bet that lake county plays freshman and jv games this season maybe not in years past but I would think they do now.

The freshmen and jv have only played 1 game.So what are you wanting to know?Do you call that playing?Played Obion Central.Surprised any of them knew what to do.And a couple of the so called starters played in that game as well.As for the son coming up next year,you know as well as anyone that Coach Ross pretty well calls the defense.Coach Snow is just on the sideline.So ,we'll see about next year.!

It sounds like to me that he just has a son (or realitive) who hasnt got enough playing time yet so he will just complain instead of supporting what is best for the team. He does not want to beat the teams you must beat to be able to compete in the playoffs. An early game against a weak team can be used as a chance to get better by the starters so that when situations arise later in the season the team will be prepared. He just wants everyone to play like in little league. I would be willing to bet that lake county plays freshman and jv games this season maybe not in years past but I would think they do now.

Are you really that dumb.You need to be playing some players in blowouts to see what you do have..Not play the starters the whole game against the lunch room ladies.You play the starters against the weak teams the whole game.then when you do play a team like Union City or later in the year.the players he then brings in won't know what/s going on.I'm originally not from here.played some college ball.Don't have a son playing.But if you think the starters should be playing against the weak teams the whole game to get prepared against teams like Union City.then you are ..I won't say what I think you are..They were so tired the other night ,some couldn't have blocked a middle school player.Again .if the coaches watched film,as they should ,and they couldn't see that ..then they aren't much as far as coaches.I sure hope we don't have 3 or players get hurt really bad because they are so tired and take a hard blow that maybe they weren't prepared for.Maybe you have the son that thinks he's the stud and just can't come off the field.I haven't seen anyone on the team that good.Man.sitting here and saying that he 's playing them the whole game in case he has to play them the whole game against Humboldt is basically what you are saying.So why are any of the other players wasting their time?I know an injury can happen any time.even on the first play..But I sure hope I don't have to come on here talking about Ricky Boyd or Patrick Robertson blowing a knee being in a game with 5 minutes left and a 40 point lead.That's just plain dumb! As the jv you are wondering about.They have had 1 game.And at least 1player that starts for Lake Co even played in that game.!

One more thing..If the other players didn't get to play or aren't going to play in blowouts..We all know for sure they're not going to play against Humboldt,Union City.I'm sure Gleason and Greenfield and Halls are better than Fulton Co . and Fulton City.Gleason just beat Fulton City 50-0.So my question is.If they aren't going to play in those games..When are they going to play?.Next year.?Why be out there..And I guess you're going to say ..to practice and learn this year..Ask any of the players..All they do in practice is watch the starters for about 3 hours.!

I searched through the pages of this thread and didn't see anything, so I will ask again:

Has anybody up Tiptonville-way heard anything about the Halls game being played on Thursday instead of Friday?

I had asked a couple of weeks ago and I don't think anybody had heard anything up there. I'm asking again because a) we play next week and :flower: I heard from a very reliable source last night that it will be on that Thursday. Apparently they are having trouble assigning officials for that game on that Friday so they are moving it up a night. Sounds kind of weird.

Anybody?

Bueller?

I searched through the pages of this thread and didn't see anything, so I will ask again:

Has anybody up Tiptonville-way heard anything about the Halls game being played on Thursday instead of Friday?

I had asked a couple of weeks ago and I don't think anybody had heard anything up there. I'm asking again because a) we play next week and :popcorneater: I heard from a very reliable source last night that it will be on that Thursday. Apparently they are having trouble assigning officials for that game on that Friday so they are moving it up a night. Sounds kind of weird.

Anybody?

Bueller?

I'm not quite sure about the game you are inquiring about, but all teams were supposed to have at least one thursday night game this season due to a severe ref shortage.

Several young kids got plenty of reps at Humbolt. I look for the young players to get more playing time as the season goes on.

I saw Devante,#75 the player that has been taking Crawfords place since the injury and a Turnbo kid..The rest like Price,Londes,Whitlow etc I thought have always played mostly on kickoffs..So since Crawford was hurt,Bo Simmons was hurt and Ryan Roberson got hurt..didn't have much choice but to play 3 more players..

I had asked a couple of weeks ago and I don't think anybody had heard anything up there. I'm asking again because a) we play next week and :thumb: I heard from a very reliable source last night that it will be on that Thursday. Apparently they are having trouble assigning officials for that game on that Friday so they are moving it up a night. Sounds kind of weird.

Anybody?

Bueller?

Tiger..Just talked to the principal at Lake Co a couple minutes ago.The game has been moved to Thursday night !

Several young kids got plenty of reps at Humbolt. I look for the young players to get more playing time as the season goes on.

I saw Devante,#75 the player that has been taking Crawfords place since the injury and a Turnbo kid..The rest like Price,Londes,Whitlow etc I thought have always played mostly on kickoffs..So since Crawford was hurt,Bo Simmons was hurt and Ryan Roberson got hurt..didn't have much choice but to play 3 more players..

True, some kids played due to injuries but at one point there were 5 freshmen on the field on defense in the 2nd half. Caylan Bargery played well as did Devante. I hear Crawford may be lost for the year. Bo Simmons has a strain in his knee and will probably be our for awhile. So, the coach is going to have to play the younger players. All in all he got a look at what some of the younger kids can do. Give the man a chance, he is a first year coach. I seen at Humbolt that he will not let these kids give up and that's something that would have happened in the last couple of years. We had a J.V. game scheduled with Humbolt Tuesday but they canceled.