District 11A

thenomad

I have heard, from some area AAU coaches scouting talent, that some jobs maybe changing around the district. Is there any one who may know for sure? I know there have been some criticism on this topic in the past. I didn't know if these AAU coaches had good information or not. However, they usually do.

I have heard the same from a few different people. Not sure if the information is accurate, but have heard it, mostly concerning the bottom 3 teams seeing changes.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are things turning around at Culleoka? Have you done a complete 180 cullypride? You seem to watch this team alot. Could things be changing or is this a flash in the pan?

I have heard, from some area AAU coaches scouting talent, that some jobs maybe changing around the district. Is there any one who may know for sure? I know there have been some criticism on this topic in the past. I didn't know if these AAU coaches had good information or not. However, they usually do.

Hope there are no changes at Hampshire. Coach Fite has done a very good job for the ladies in red. I hope he is happy at Hampshire.

So are things turning around at Culleoka? Have you done a complete 180 cullypride? You seem to watch this team alot. Could things be changing or is this a flash in the pan?

They definately took a couple steps in the right direction the other night. Best game they have played in probably 2 years or more. They picked a great time to get hot. Maybe they can make it last. But when they win 1 out of 19 games...it's kinda hard to say things could be changing just yet.

Hope there are no changes at Hampshire. Coach Fite has done a very good job for the ladies in red. I hope he is happy at Hampshire.

The guy is intense, and I think the girl's team at Hampshire exceeded expectations for sure. They played very hard in both games against CA, just very little talent and depth. I have heard he may go elsewhere, it would be hard to love a place where you are fighting for 5th or 6th in the district each year because of size and lack of interest. That is one of the bottom spots I heard would see a change. I have not seen on here nor heard anyone from Hampshire really voice an opinion on the guy, so I guess noone really knows about that situation. I think I read somewhere or heard it discussed he lives in Lewis County and has a child in school in Lewis County, so he has ties there.

I was also told that Mt. Pleasant will have another coach next year, 3rd in 3 years, despite of a much improved team and record. No details there either, as we seldom get reports either way from Mt. Pleasant fans, like Hampshire, little interest in the program. I am not sure if the coaching change there would be at the administrations decision or coaches decison, as i read in the Herald that he is no longer coaching baseball in an effort to be home more for his family. regardless, they played much better basketball than they have in previous seasons.

Culleoka gets quite a bit of attention on here, and we have read about that situation all season long. They don't practice, they don't play hard, they play the wrong people, etc. I am sure that there are people with more details on that situation, and I am certain we will hear more over the next couple of weeks. There are very passionate people out in Culleoka, and I am confident that we will know soon enough. I am glad that they are excited about the win the other night, but beating Franklin Classical is not really a statement of change. The coach there looks very young, and I hope that parents have a full understanding of the situation and don't rush out a young coach.

On a side note, I think Coach Bingham at CA has done an outstanding job with that group of girls, and I think they get little attention or publicity because of how good Cornersville really is, but they have a chance to come in 2nd in the district, a great season for the coach and the girls.

Culleoka gets quite a bit of attention on here, and we have read about that situation all season long. They don't practice, they don't play hard, they play the wrong people, etc. I am sure that there are people with more details on that situation, and I am certain we will hear more over the next couple of weeks. There are very passionate people out in Culleoka, and I am confident that we will know soon enough. I am glad that they are excited about the win the other night, but beating Franklin Classical is not really a statement of change.

Never said it was a statement of change. I just thought since I bash them alot when they play terrible I should give them props when they play well. Could the other night be a one time thing??? Who knows. Guess we will find out.

Must have been a fluke. Looked back to normal tonight.

Competition probably had something to do with it. :D

Yeah either that or not having practice or even a shoot-a-round for the next 4 days after playing well....or maybe a combo of both. It's your call. :thumb:

Any word on the Mt. Pleasant/Hampshire game? Did the battle of the two worst coaches live up to expectations? Cornersville puts a beat down on Richland. Is this the worst Richland team in a long time?

I do believe that this is the worst Richland team in a long time. I dont think it will get any better with the girls attitudes and the new coach. District 11A has no competetion among one another. They just blow each other out of the water. Only team still good is Cornersville. I remember when there was so much competetion between Richland, Santa Fe, Cornersville, and Moore County now there is none just Cornersville.