Jo Byrns vs. Cascade

Shep

I wasn't impressed with Jo Byrns line in our scrimmage. If Cascade blitz a couple of linebackers behind those big tackles, they win the game. All of this will be dependant on their ends maintaining containment and keeping 44 from getting outside. If that happens it will be a long night for Cascade! Cascade was very impressive at our Jamboree a couple of weeks ago. I'll pick Cascade to win by 10

That's been the knock on this year's JB team, the line. Hopefully the boys up front take it personal and work hard to get better. The biggest question mark last year was the QB position...although the QB didn't light the world on fire at the end of the day he got the job done. I think that's what we need to expect out of the line at this point and I think they'll do that.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's been the knock on this year's JB team, the line. Hopefully the boys up front take it personal and work hard to get better. The biggest question mark last year was the QB position...although the QB didn't light the world on fire at the end of the day he got the job done. I think that's what we need to expect out of the line at this point and I think they'll do that.

Word is Cascade's line looked pretty pathetic also. I think our paper said their Star back, Henderson, had negative yardage.

Poor line play may be a wash and that would give you guys the advantage with #44 carrying the ball. I'm gonna pick JB by two TD's.

I wasn't impressed with Jo Byrns line in our scrimmage. If Cascade blitz a couple of linebackers behind those big tackles, they win the game. All of this will be dependant on their ends maintaining containment and keeping 44 from getting outside. If that happens it will be a long night for Cascade! Cascade was very impressive at our Jamboree a couple of weeks ago. I'll pick Cascade to win by 10

and you should'nt have been,, jbs only had the ball against yall's d one seris so how could you be imppresed and what was that 4 stright dproped ball's by jbs come on yall score once and jbs is no good anymore keep on dreamin buddy just be glad yall don't have jbs this year :thumb:

Word is Cascade's line looked pretty pathetic also. I think our paper said their Star back, Henderson, had negative yardage.

Poor line play may be a wash and that would give you guys the advantage with #44 carrying the ball. I'm gonna pick JB by two TD's.

Yeah I watched the game against DA and I wouldn't say they were pathetic. DA's line was just a lot quicker and stronger than Cascade. They were probably bigger too. Cascade seems to always put "big" boys upfront and it's not all about size. I think they need less size and more speed and agility. Either way, I like JB's chances.

VIKINGFOOTBALL: What is it with u guys? If you are from unionville I understand! What was the score against moore county friday night? :roflol: I guess what it is you guys from unionville do not have nothing to talk about in U-Town so you got to get your comments up somewhere.

Yeah I watched the game against DA and I wouldn't say they were pathetic. DA's line was just a lot quicker and stronger than Cascade. They were probably bigger too. Cascade seems to always put "big" boys upfront and it's not all about size. I think they need less size and more speed and agility. Either way, I like JB's chances.

Well, I wouldn't say the boys up front had a great game on either side of the ball, but fortunately I know who is responsible for that phase of our game and I gaurantee he'll have them ready this week. I felt they didn't fire off the ball well last week and were dominated badly up front, but hopefully all of these negative comments will light a fire under them.

I know the size and strength are there, we just got to do a better job of communicating and working together. Kenny will Coach em up this week and you'll see a different bunch out there Friday.

About the line play of Cascade and JB. First, JB I think that all of JB fans will agree that the area that has needed the most work is the lines. That's not to say that they are terrible but they need to work hard to get better. I think just like a lot of teams in the past they will get better as the season progresses and an early game with Cascade will help them do that. Cascade fields a very good football team every year. They are usually big up front but I little slow sometimes. If they have trouble containing the run it will be a long game for them but I expect them to be ready

Can you believe this one didn't make the Big Ones Contest?? I was shocked! :roflol:dry.gif

I was surprised as well. If you look I think that all of the games are from teams that are 1-0. It may be a coincidence but who knows I know that I am going to have to do my research at lunch because there are a lot of teams on that list that I am not familiar with at all. I hope that I do better picking than I did last week. I think I am like tied for 151 place. :roflol: