Bradley Co. @ Coffee Co.

allwaysright

my opinon is this , bradley should have went between the tackles against polk in the 3rd and fourth qts. just run at em, would have done better . but hey my opinon and yes i know opinons are like _____ holes and everybodys got one . i am a polk follower , and played at bradley in the 70's this is a little better bunch at bradley than i have seen in some years . they will get better . bears by 14 , ps run the fb more on the dives 3 to 4 yards is all you need

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the same ol' Bradley to me. Coffee County by 13

Coffee County just fumbled 9 times and lost 7 of them in one game. Wouldn't count on anybody winning this game. But, since I know very little about Bradley, would like some information. What kind of players? big, fast, small, slow, what kind of offense. Hope everybody has a safe trip Friday from Cleveland.

I can help a tad.

BC had around 240?? Yards rushing against Polk. A pretty quick RB in #5, he is more of a scat back and probably around the 4.7 area in speed ,maybe a tad higher.He is one of those kids that is a threat to score everytime he touches the ball and very entertaining to watch. The Fullback is solid and big and has the ability to grind out 5 to 6 ypc. The QB is small but can run and throw,the backup is a freshman but shows allot of promise throwing the ball. BCHS is a run first team but did make some nice catches against Polk..1 for a TD. Both the O and D lines are pretty Huge for High school standards.. Someone said the avg size was 6-3, 250? Kicking game is hit or miss depending on the night. The lines did look like they got gassed in the 2nd half..To me it looked like a conditioning problem.

The game vs. Polk was actually a very good game to watch and wasnt over till the whistle blew, Bears had it in the red zone twice and got nailed for holding once and missed the FG. The second time I chaulk up more to not so great play calling in the red zone. The middle was giving up 5 and 6 yards at a time and they tried to run some sort of sweep several times. Left a few scratching heads saying WTH?

All in all BCHS played a fairly mistake free game for a first outing. Moving the ball between the 20's wasnt much of a problem for the O.But the D-line is worrysome right now.They got the ball ran down there throat the 2nd half and never adjusted.

I know zero ,ziltch nada about Coffee County...Sounds like there game vs. Shelbyville was a Defensive struggle and CC has has some problems on O. I am gonna take Bradley Central in this one,only because they are the local team for me. Good luck to both squads. BC 21- CC 10

Talk about a true toss-up. I do believe if Bradley works out some of their mistakes from this past week that they could claim their first victory this year. Coffee Co. by 3.

4-6 AT BEST for Bradley!

I dont see them Beating The Owls..But with all the coaching changes and graduation hitting allot of the Dist 5 teams, I would say most games will be a tossup, Outside of Hooterville none of the district teams look to be very dominant.

Coffee County's defense is pretty solid in my opinion. Offense was pretty nauseating to watch though. What makes it worse is it didnt seem like our Raiders had any heart. I think this game could be the most important for Coffee County. They should have won last week I think but they didnt do it. this is the first home game and Bradley is probably even as far as talent. If they lose this one I see the life of our Raiders just ending.If they win it could be a huge momentum swing and Coffee County has the easiest schedule theyve had in around 8 years. Someone needs to step up and be the go to guy on offense instead of about 5 guys fumbling the ball and hanging their head for 2 hours. I hope they pick it up.

CC could beat a lot of people if they ran an offense that was suited to the type players we have. Good job on defense always....nuff said.

And just exactly what offense better suit a group that has poor speed and undersized linemen. Sounds like a wing T team to me. Let me guess it would be better to run the I and let our 175 pound linemen man handle people. Or would you prefer the spread and allow our 5 flat receivers to make something happen in space. If you remember we ran the spread here before and that did not work out well at all. So please let me know what we should be running offensively that would better suit our players. I am sure the coaches would be more than happy to let you install your offense and publicise the fact that you are the one doing it.

CC could beat a lot of people if they ran an offense that was suited to the type players we have. Good job on defense always....nuff said.

and what offense would that be?

You know there are many variations of the wing-t, but without proper splits on the line no natural running lanes are created. Just my opinion...not an expert by any means.

and what offense would that be?

You know there are many variations of the wing-t, but without proper splits on the line no natural running lanes are created. Just my opinion...not an expert by any means.

Offense averaged 4.5 yards per play last Friday. The line made plenty of room. The line didn't fumble the ball.