Sevier County at Halls

1moreopinion

:twisted: Ohh , And when you read my post earlier about you're opinion and for my point of telling you to examine you're own program read this.. It may help enlighten you on you're next post. How bout you argue about the Halls refs or here you can attack this News press before attacking the Sevier County program in general. I'll skip a few lines to post the link so you don't miss it..

http://mountainpress.southernheadlines. ... tory=24218

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: Ya , I also noticed 2 or 3 Sevier County players hobbling off the field from dirty knee shots in that game. So before you go pointing some excuses and fingers at some fans or programs you should probably examine you're own. Thank You very much. After a whistle is blown maybe you should mention the after play roll on knee experiences those players received from you're Halls players. And #7 was probably still a little upset from the same incident that you're Halls players tried to do to him. Later on in that game. I have never seen a Sevier County Program or team in my years ever act that way towards any program and they are all great sportmanship players. And Mr.Brewer would never teach such acts. But when you get knee shots after plays and questionable flags in situations emotions run high and players do some things. And honestly I am very sorry #10 got rocked on a clean shot in that play but he and # 3 on you're Halls team had been jawing all night along with some dirty knee shots. I am glad you're receiver was ok. I have always considered a Halls program to have athletes and well respected in many peoples views and have always enjoyed you're guys program but pointing the fingers. And attacking someone on this thread for posting an update of interest for everyone to see is aggrevating you seen with you're own eyes the same as S.C. fans that the game was improperly played on both sides. More on the Halls and officiating to be exactly honest. And Sevier County still won.!! :thumb:

OK..SC still won...was that really your whole point. No excuses were being made on the game as far as my comment stated. As far as the two programs, I agree with them always having been a good program. SC has always played Halls tough. As far as the officiating went, it seemed pretty crappy called on both sides no more Halls than SC that was pretty even. As far as the shot went on #10, I never said it was not a clean shot as you seem to be incinuating, my issue was with the disrespect that was shown to #10 rolling on the ground. As far as #10 running his mouth, maybe so but I find that one hard to believe as he is probably one of the quietest, nicest kids I've ever met. Not saying he didn't, just find it hard to believe. You bring up #3, I could also point out a play where the whistle was blown and one of your players came full speed at #3 only to slam his own player because #3 seen him coming in for a cheap shot and got out of the way. As far as being accused of pointing fingers...just stating an opinion of my own by observation. It has definitely been the talk of the town. However, you may want to read back over your own posting and see who was attacking or pointing fingers yourself. Football is football, its rough and your right emotions fly. I merely stated what was going on in the stands with the parents even after they were told that a player was down on the field.. Cheap shots happen, clean shots happen, sometimes they get confused and thats where the emotions come into play However, regardless of those plays, if a kid is down, give them the respect they deserve because they are the ones on the field getting knocked around and they are the ones who go home with the aches, pains, cuts and bruises. Guess we can agree to disagree on who did what.

As far as your link goes...Thank You Very Much but We have the Halls Shopper here that we support.

DiverCity...I agree!

:thumb: Both teams was high on there emotions that game as we both have mentioned. I will agree that when a player is down there needs to be humbleness shown to the injured player. I was just wanting to make a point that both of those programs out there that friday night was not perfect in anyway in some of there actions. As for Sevier County they are not taught to be disrespectful at no means and Coach Brewer on the other hand more than likely made it known to his players about that situation is not acceptable. Coach Julian probably done the same with the Halls program. I have made all the games this series over my time of watching it. And have never seen a game in that manner between the two. They both have always been very sportsman like. The pointing the fingers situation is all from the post to the Sevier County mother which posted a comment on the JV and Freshman games as a friendly post and it just seemed you used that post to express you're emotions toward her, and to take shots at a Program which is really very sportsman like and always humble towards others. Halls and Sevier County both have made a good image upon there selves over the years about sportsmanship and reputation of honest great players and great kids to be around. :thumb:

:D I will say I grew up playing little kids football with one of the older backs there at Halls Scott Carter. It was an honor and have been in contact with a few players from that program at my place of employment they have all been great indivisuals to know over my time here on this earth. And many forget to realize that it all starts in there homes of parents but also from there hardest times of highschool. And the ones they are surrounded by everyday from school's opening to closing of the day. Teachers and Coaches etc. So the Halls program has done well for there students in teaching them the ways of life and how to act among the society. Halls is school and program to be very proud along with Sevier County. Both schools are truthfully a class act. B)

On the game play of Halls. Why does'nt the Red Devils get O'Laughlin more on the wideout part and throw him some jail beak screens and stuff rather than the backfield. And let Fitzpatrick run it more. Fitz runs so hard and Grsham and O'laughlin on each side as wide outs. I think it would work out for Halls.

It'll also keep defenses more honest on not stacking the box. Especially if they have to watch the screens to a nifty O'Laughlin. What do you guys think. Screens is also a pretty high percentage pass. B)

B) Both teams was high on there emotions that game as we both have mentioned. .........................Halls and Sevier County both have made a good image upon there selves over the years about sportsmanship and reputation of honest great players and great kids to be around. B)

B) I will say I grew up playing little kids football with one of the older backs there at Halls Scott Carter. It was an honor and have been in co......................Halls is school and program to be very proud along with Sevier County. Both schools are truthfully a class act. :D

On the game play of Halls. Why does'nt the Red Devils................. What do you guys think. Screens is also a pretty high percentage pass. B)

I think we have reached a mutual ground fsutandem!

Scott Carter has always been a great guy, good parents as well.

As I said before, SC has always played Halls tough and I know they will continue to do so. That just makes for good competition. As I think you can now see what I was trying to say that my comment was in direction to the player on the field. I wasn't trying to jump the person posting. I was just commenting back to what she commented as a bad experience towards Halls in relation to the experience observed Friday night. With that being said, its over and done and you are correct that both prgorams are good programs and are well respected. Look forward to continue watching both teams as many years as possible.

Halls has a lot of things to work out no doubt. There have been many changes and still many that NEED to be made. A lot of people have issues with our OC which gave a good example of not being able to get the plays called in causing two delay of games. Halls very well could have and (just my opinion as a Halls fan) should have won that ballgame Friday night. Not trying to make excuses but three things at least were against Halls....the OC, minus our starting senior QB, minus our senior kicker (who could have put those extra points on the board no doubt). Sad to say but sometimes it is just not the players on the field that lose the games...Now, all three players you mentioned are good tough players and can produce good yardage. Fitz has the force, Gresham has good hands, and O'Laughlin can get the cuts in. There are a couple of other players that have not really been utilized that some may be surprised at what they can do. We have Powell to look to this week and it will be a tough game as well. This is a BIG rivalry and it should be a good game. Hopes for fresh legs, mixing up the plays, completed passes, score on the board and no injuries.

Good luck to you and the rest of your season. May your team remain injury free. We will see how the rest of the season goes...

:D I will say I grew up playing little kids football with one of the older backs there at Halls Scott Carter. It was an honor and have been in contact with a few players from that program at my place of employment they have all been great indivisuals to know over my time here on this earth. And many forget to realize that it all starts in there homes of parents but also from there hardest times of highschool. And the ones they are surrounded by everyday from school's opening to closing of the day. Teachers and Coaches etc. So the Halls program has done well for there students in teaching them the ways of life and how to act among the society. Halls is school and program to be very proud along with Sevier County. Both schools are truthfully a class act. B)

On the game play of Halls. Why does'nt the Red Devils get O'Laughlin more on the wideout part and throw him some jail beak screens and stuff rather than the backfield. And let Fitzpatrick run it more. Fitz runs so hard and Grsham and O'laughlin on each side as wide outs. I think it would work out for Halls.

It'll also keep defenses more honest on not stacking the box. Especially if they have to watch the screens to a nifty O'Laughlin. What do you guys think. Screens is also a pretty high percentage pass. B)

I thought the same. If we are having trouble finding our wideouts do some safe short screens or bubble screens to O'laughlin the kid has talent and open field he is the bright spot for us in going the distance. He certainly has a nose for the endzone. Does he have good hands like Gresham?

I would bet we aint thrown it 20 times since Shepherds son was the qb and that was long go. I have lived in Halls most all my life and still do and we aint got noright to complain about any bodys fans. I love ours to death but they can be hardcore when they wont to.

Put this behind us and get ready for Powell and kick some panther but.

Can somebody please explain to me why some people think you must take knee when someone gets hurt? I have never understood why people think you should do this. And do not give me the line of it shows respect. Everyone who has played the game of football (and I stress the part of played football) knows what kind of a game it is and what it takes to play the game. So when an opponent gets hit hard and is layed out, every player on that field knows what he is going through, whether because it has happened to them or they have seen it happen many times. Taking a knee or not taking a knee has no bearing on whether a team does or does not have respect for an injured player. So for all who have issue with this, need to find another sport to play or watch.

I would bet we aint thrown it 20 times since Shepherds son was the qb and that was long go. I have lived in Halls most all my life and still do and we aint got noright to complain about any bodys fans. I love ours to death but they can be hardcore when they wont to.

Put this behind us and get ready for Powell and kick some panther but.

Thought the same so I did some digging.

The only time since 2003 that we have attempted over 20 passes was once. On 9/3/2004 Trey Lucas aired it out 31 times against Marville and completed 14 of them rascals for 89 yards. Unfortunately, we lost 24-0. Thats why I was blown away by the number of attempts by a unseasoned QB who I would have thought we would of tried to blood in slowly. Don't get me wrong I love the passing game and especially if Halls is doing it to keep teams off balance like the powerhouses we have had to play in the past. Coach Ward was a master of this.

Can somebody please explain to me why some people think you must take knee when someone gets hurt? I have never understood why people think you should do this. And do not give me the line of it shows respect. Everyone who has played the game of football (and I stress the part of played football) knows what kind of a game it is and what it takes to play the game. So when an opponent gets hit hard and is layed out, every player on that field knows what he is going through, whether because it has happened to them or they have seen it happen many times. Taking a knee or not taking a knee has no bearing on whether a team does or does not have respect for an injured player. So for all who have issue with this, need to find another sport to play or watch.

Ya know.... I guess there is not a written rule that a player is suppose to take a knee, stand with or without helmets, or give a few high fives and turn a few flips because a player gets "layed out". Maybe it was the way some of us who have played (and I stress played) football learned to do when they first started playing many, many years ago, something I used when I've coached in football and other sports, and that I still see being used starting at little league all the way up in my area. That was one of those things that was just a given when it happened...kinda like putting my hand over my heart with they play the National Anthem, or taking my hat off at the table...All I can say is some form of respect, wait... I don't think I'm suppose to use that line, some sort of acknowlegement should be given. Find another sport to play or watch???....Really?!

I'm gonna end my discussion on this subject and do as DEVILSDEN suggests and move on to the next game on Powell. SC-Halls was last week, SC won, Halls lost, over and done with.

I would bet we aint thrown it 20 times since Shepherds son was the qb and that was long go. I have lived in Halls most all my life and still do and we aint got noright to complain about any bodys fans. I love ours to death but they can be hardcore when they wont to.Put this behind us and get ready for Powell and kick some panther but.

Devilsden...well put you are correct and this subject is now done in my books.

Zcar...that is some pretty good digging. good info!

Hey Banter (which is all you seem to do). Where and in the world did you grow up playing? All the years I have played (which is through college) I have never really seen this done. Some places do (not many) but just because you don't does not mean you are showing no respect. Now to take and knee and huddle with teammates or opposing players and pray for a hurt player is one thing, but for the whole team to take a knee when the opposing player is hurt is a little over the top. Teams should not be joking around and not seem concerned, but to take a knee, come on. I mean why not lay or just sit down. And to even compare this with placing your hand over your heart for the national anthem or taking your hat of at dinner or in a public building is just crazy (for a lack of a nicer word).

:roflol: I hope Halls does well this week against Powell , It is a big game for you're Devils. Past is the Past.. And as i watched you're team and if I was a coach there . I may give O'Laughlin some screens at wide out. Him on one side and Gresham on the other. From what I seen with my own eyes. Those 2 could be a great solution to winging away from the wingt.. and making the offense less predictive. I always think getting you're athletes with the ball in the open field is the way. Especially when they don't have to pick thru the d-line and only have a Corner and Safty to beat. Atleast it could be a positive yd. situation. And it is a quite high percentage play for a QB that is stepping in. Or maybe pull some screens on wheel routes from the backfield with O'Laughlin. Or maybe do some underneath screens with Gresham since most linebackers are going to be pursuing the misdirection on you're team.

Just a opinion. I think it would definitely be worth a try. Best of Luck Devils. :popcorneater: