Smyrna @ Brentwood

Bulldog86

Wow! Big game for both squads. I think Brentwood needs to start fast in this one for their confidence. They struggled early against LaVergne and I think they will come out sharp this week.

Smyrna needs to play with more consistency then last week. They looked very sharp early then it got shaky.

Love the Williamson County vs. Rutherford County match up early!

Who are some Key Players? Any thought on the game?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I know this Brentwood will be prepared. They are well coach. They have a bunch of good kids to run his schemes. Lastly, they will not beat themselves with silly mistakes.

Smyrna has a TON of team speed.

On Defense, they fly to the football and when they get there they hit you hard. It is like that for 4 quarters (Or more if needed)

The O line is good sized, not huge but they did struggle a bit last week. Need to clean some things up this week in practice and I think they will. Very good backs, they can hit you with 4 without much drop off. The QB is much improved, now as a Jr. Very nice touch on his fly routes and can zip it and there if he needs to. If he can keep Defenses from keying on the backs, Smyrna will be really tough to defend.

I love the match up, and I know Smyrna is looking to avenge the early lost at home last year.

I’d love to hear from some Brentwood folks as what to look for on your side come Friday night.

What people may not understand is that Brentwood scored a TD with 19 seconds left vs. Lavergne when all they had to do was down the ball to run out the clock. Nice sportsmanship there Brentwood. Truth is they are really only 1 TD better than Lavergne, so they may also have trouble vs. Smyrna.

One question about Smyrna though. When are they going to arrest the misfits who vandalized their athletic facilities at the end of the last school year? Murder cases have been solved faster. It's time the perps are arrested and shown on the 10 p.m. news.

What people may not understand is that Brentwood scored a TD with 19 seconds left vs. Lavergne when all they had to do was down the ball to run out the clock. Nice sportsmanship there Brentwood. Truth is they are really only 1 TD better than Lavergne, so they may also have trouble vs. Smyrna.

================================================================

I'm assuming you are a Lavergne fan and I wanted to say that you should be proud of that team! They played hard for 4 quarters and had us scared for sure. The QB especially I wanted to compliment - did he ever leave the field? - for his outstanding effort. You may think that was a lack of sportsmanship but I would take it as a sign of respect. I know there wasn't much time left but Lavergne scored all of their points on "big plays" and you were only one of those away from tying it. Also, its not like Brentwood was throwing or running reverses, it was pretty much running between the tackles.

Good luck this season.

Smyrna's new air attack vs Brentwood's stingy defense at home.

Too close to call either way for me.

The "New air attack" at Smyrna is still a work in progress. The QB has shown improvement but he still needs to have enough success where the defenses stop putting 8-10 players in the box. If and/or when that happens........look out my friend.

This game should show us all where the passing game is at Smyrna.

Apparently nobody told LaVerne that they were supposed to "roll-over" and play dead for the Bruins. LHS is one of those teams that can come out and give any team trouble, but the question is always, "will they show up?"

Brentwood is a different type of BHS team, they actually have an offensive backfield this year that can help a young-no-name defense find its game legs. The defensive struggles & progression will be the thing to watch from Brentwood all year long.

Two Players, One Position. J. Bryson for Smyrna and J. Coffee for Brentwood.

Whoever gets the most yards on the ground will win. And yes Rutherford Co. vs. Williamson Co. games this week should be awesome.

I tend to disagree with you on the Smyrna side. I think Smyrna is in trouble if Bryson get a ton of yards. Smyrna needs to spread it around in order to beat Brentwood. Plus, Smyrna has 2-3 other backs that are taking a lot of Bryson’s carries. Keeping him fresh for Defense, punt/kickoff returns and when he breaks a big/tough run. RB is one area where Smyrna is VERY DEEP. However, if Wilson (QB) isn't sharp and the D can load up the line, it sure makes it tough to run, no matter who's getting the carries.