East Hamilton at Signal Mountain Week 1

yeahbuddy

What is everyones predictions on this game?

East Hamilton is heard to have a lot of OHS athletes, but I seriously doubt any of their big time players left.

I know of one athlete that East Hamilton has and thats Jeremy "Tata" Caldwell's (Red Bank star) little brother at running back.

Also, Signal Mountain is coming off a huge offensive and defensive showing against Hixson.

I predict Signal will have another 40+ point game against the very young less talented Canes.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is everyones predictions on this game?

East Hamilton is heard to have a lot of OHS athletes, but I seriously doubt any of their big time players left.

I know of one athlete that East Hamilton has and thats Jeremy "Tata" Caldwell's (Red Bank star) little brother at running back.

Also, Signal Mountain is coming off a huge offensive and defensive showing against Hixson.

I predict Signal will have another 40+ point game against the very young less talented Canes.

East Hamilton got quality offensive lineman from OHS but that is about it. Not a lot of experience, but they are developing quickly. This team will have to play like a team as it does not have any one player who really stands out as a stud. I think it will be a good game and the Hurricanes will get better with each quarter played. As far as predictions, I will predict attendance instead of a score. If you all brought in 3,000 to play Hixson, I am going to say there will be at least 5,000 this Friday night when you play a well supported young East Hamilton team.

I thought Signal Mountain outplayed Tyner in the Jamboree and they look to be a contender in their first real season. Good luck and may the boys have fun as history will be made Friday night.

Go HURRICANES!

Sounds like these Signal Mountain boys will be well known before the season ends... They'll beat these East Hamilton bunch pretty handedly.

All i wanna know is how was the nick name decided... HURRICANES???

Well this is just a guess. There is a creek that runs through this area and the name of this creek is Hurricane. There is a neighborhood named Hurricane Creek too that could have been named by the adjacent creek also. Other than that I don't know. East Brainerd Youth Colors are green and Gold so I also believe they wanted to incorporate that into the equation as well.

SM benefited greatly by playing the JV schedule last year, it gave the team time to gel and come together. Unfortunately EH didn’t get the same break because the school opened in the first year of the new two year schedule bid, which is a tough break.

Ok now for the game. I agree this shouldn’t matter what the final score is. Hopefully both teams will play good, learn and get better. I think the crowd will be extremely large. If EH brings the fans it will easily exceed last `Friday’s attendance number. I’ve heard rumors EH will be bringing people up on buses.

I will say if you are coming to the game get there early. Lines for parking and then the gate will be long closer to kick-off.

Parking is $3.00 and gate is $6.00 for all.........

SM benefited greatly by playing the JV schedule last year, it gave the team time to gel and come together. Unfortunately EH didn’t get the same break because the school opened in the first year of the new two year schedule bid, which is a tough break.

Ok now for the game. I agree this shouldn’t matter what the final score is. Hopefully both teams will play good, learn and get better. I think the crowd will be extremely large. If EH brings the fans it will easily exceed last `Friday’s attendance number. I’ve heard rumors EH will be bringing people up on buses.

I will say if you are coming to the game get there early. Lines for parking and then the gate will be long closer to kick-off.

Parking is $3.00 and gate is $6.00 for all.........

Thanks for the information SMeagle1. Also, I am glad to see there is at least one person who can carry on a friendly conversation. We have had a good following for our scrimmages so you all should see a good following Friday night. I have not heard about any busses coming other than the ones carrying the players and the band. How many people does your visitors section hold? Looking forward to Friday night!

I think the visitors’ side is 1000 and the home side is 1200 with another 1000 to be added soon to the home side. But the 1000 might be a tight squeeze. Some people brought in their own chairs and lined the track area of the field. Not a bad idea but not the best view. A large crowd will be welcome and hopefully the weather will be nice.

Oh another important note is port-o-potties only. Being a new school, like EH will find out, not everything gets built overnight. Were just now getting the track and after it we will build guest locker rooms with restrooms, or at least that’s what I heard the plan is. Also it takes a lot of fund raising to build all this stuff as Hamilton County doesn’t pay for it.

I Was at the Hixson game and it was packed!

Everyone should be there at least 1 HOUR to a hour and a half early for parking and longgggg lines.

Also this game was ranked as one of the games of the year in the Times Free Press Blitz paper!

Very good atmosphere up there, and watch a sure to be good offensive and defensive showing by Signal.

Sounds like these Signal Mountain boys will be well known before the season ends... They'll beat these East Hamilton bunch pretty handedly.

All i wanna know is how was the nick name decided... HURRICANES???

Well this is just a guess. There is a creek that runs through this area and the name of this creek is Hurricane. There is a neighborhood named Hurricane Creek too that could have been named by the adjacent creek also. Other than that I don't know. East Brainerd Youth Colors are green and Gold so I also believe they wanted to incorporate that into the equation as well.

Now that makes more since... Obviously there is no danger of a hurrican hitting chatt town....