White House vs. Portland (best rivalry in state)

One of the best rivalries in the state. This is the game both teams look forward too their whole season. White House was off last weak playing in a jamboree vs. Gallatin. Herd they took it to them. Portland had a bad outing last week but look to pick it up this week against WHHS. Portland will learn a lot from last week’s game and be ready to go. Portland has 6 or more returning starters on offense and 7 or more on defense, with that type of experience I look for Portland to rebound quickly. White House lost a lot of starters off a talented 08 team. (They should have won state) With around 4 returning starters on both sides of the ball. Looks to be a good game, as to be expected when these two teams come together.

Love to hear anybody else’s opinion over this big rivalry Go PHS!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard an interesting story this weekend from a very, very reliable source. Apparently the head coach of Greenwood, KY wanted to trade film with the head coach of Portland before their game on Friday, which, I am told is a very common practice. But, instead of sending him the film requested, the Portland coach gets a camcorder and videotapes the film off of the TV so that it is grainy and hard to see. In doing this, the Portland coach fails to realize that the camcorder is recording sound. And by sound I mean the voices of the Portland coaching staff joking about how bad Greenwood is AND the plays that they are going to use to defeat Greenwood. :geek: The Greenwood head coach watches and listens to the film and has his entire team watch and listen to the film, which, oddly enough, fires them up enough to beat Portland 43-0 at Portland. :wub:

What happened to a school and city as prideful as Portland, to let the program turn into amateur hour?

My prediction this week: WH 40 - Portland 0

I heard an interesting story this weekend from a very, very reliable source. Apparently the head coach of Greenwood, KY wanted to trade film with the head coach of Portland before their game on Friday, which, I am told is a very common practice. But, instead of sending him the film requested, the Portland coach gets a camcorder and videotapes the film off of the TV so that it is grainy and hard to see. In doing this, the Portland coach fails to realize that the camcorder is recording sound. And by sound I mean the voices of the Portland coaching staff joking about how bad Greenwood is AND the plays that they are going to use to defeat Greenwood. :thumb: The Greenwood head coach watches and listens to the film and has his entire team watch and listen to the film, which, oddly enough, fires them up enough to beat Portland 43-0 at Portland. :thumb:

What happened to a school and city as prideful as Portland, to let the program turn into amateur hour?

No way nobody is that dumb. Do you think they did it on purpose. Dont know why they would not check it before they traded. Dosent make any sense

I don't see P-Town standing a chance Friday night..Coach Sanders, and the new PHS staff, doesn't have a clue about how intense and huge this rivalry is! Loosing Curry, Brooks, and Bever, and Hicks took all the tradition away from the Panthers. Those coaches know what it was like to play/coach in this rivalry....good luck Panthers. My bet, 38-3 Devils!

I heard an interesting story this weekend from a very, very reliable source. Apparently the head coach of Greenwood, KY wanted to trade film with the head coach of Portland before their game on Friday, which, I am told is a very common practice. But, instead of sending him the film requested, the Portland coach gets a camcorder and videotapes the film off of the TV so that it is grainy and hard to see. In doing this, the Portland coach fails to realize that the camcorder is recording sound. And by sound I mean the voices of the Portland coaching staff joking about how bad Greenwood is AND the plays that they are going to use to defeat Greenwood. :thumb: The Greenwood head coach watches and listens to the film and has his entire team watch and listen to the film, which, oddly enough, fires them up enough to beat Portland 43-0 at Portland. :thumb:

If this is true then the entire Portland coaching staff should be fired immediately for sheer stupidity!!

I heard an interesting story this weekend from a very, very reliable source. Apparently the head coach of Greenwood, KY wanted to trade film with the head coach of Portland before their game on Friday, which, I am told is a very common practice. But, instead of sending him the film requested, the Portland coach gets a camcorder and videotapes the film off of the TV so that it is grainy and hard to see. In doing this, the Portland coach fails to realize that the camcorder is recording sound. And by sound I mean the voices of the Portland coaching staff joking about how bad Greenwood is AND the plays that they are going to use to defeat Greenwood. :roflol: The Greenwood head coach watches and listens to the film and has his entire team watch and listen to the film, which, oddly enough, fires them up enough to beat Portland 43-0 at Portland. :roflol:

If this is true then the entire Portland coaching staff should be fired immediately for sheer stupidity!!

I heard the same story from a friend of mine who is tight with the coaches from Greenwood. Definitely an embarrassment for the Portland program. :roflol:

Would like to see Portland win but dont think they will..

White House 24

Portland 7

After what I have read on here about Portland's film trade situation with Greenwood, it makes it difficult to root for the Panthers. How stupid on the part of the coaches! :blush:

However, I think Portland will come out on top...35-14. Keep this rivalry alive!! :roflolk: