Lewis Co Panthers

ddaddy

There is little doubt that the Panthers are in a rebuilding year. When you are going through a rebuilding year you have games like Friday night. We had moments when things seem to be falling into place and other times when it was just plain ugly. Hopefully the next game or the next we can overcome our inexperience and pull it out. Shoot, I even believe that we can be competitive in ALL our reminding games if we continue to grow as a team. The next thing that happens when you begin to lose games that you may normally win is the naysayers come out of the dark and start to kick our team. I guess that’s part of the price you pay for success. They will no doubt attack our coaches, schedule, players or even our community all because our FB team is a bit down and it’s easy to do. So to our long time Panther fans, get ready and band together and let’s continue to be part of the solution and not the problem.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they lost "A" game. That isn't the season. I believe in this bunch of kids. Some things went wrong.....especially the last drive by MTP.....Pen. killed Lewis, that is something that can be corrected. Because of one lost.......which they have each year...(at least). I like to thing they got the one lost out of the way early, and can start their run. Till they are 0-10, I don't think this year is finished. This bunch show much heart. I read that some comments where made that MTP wanted it more.......Baloney! Seeing players out on the field hurt, limping and still playing.....says all I need to know.......They wanted it.....just as hard as the others.........pen. came up and bit them at a time when they couldn't afford it...but it happened. They played as hard as any bunch has..PERIOD! Don't underestimate this bunch! Good luck this week......by the way ddaddy whats the injury report look like?

There is little doubt that the Panthers are in a rebuilding year. When you are going through a rebuilding year you have games like Friday night. We had moments when things seem to be falling into place and other times when it was just plain ugly. Hopefully the next game or the next we can overcome our inexperience and pull it out. Shoot, I even believe that we can be competitive in ALL our reminding games if we continue to grow as a team. The next thing that happens when you begin to lose games that you may normally win is the naysayers come out of the dark and start to kick our team. I guess that’s part of the price you pay for success. They will no doubt attack our coaches, schedule, players or even our community all because our FB team is a bit down and it’s easy to do. So to our long time Panther fans, get ready and band together and let’s continue to be part of the solution and not the problem.

Dont get defensive so quick, you guys have a great program, I dont see any bashing on Lewis County. Lewis county will always be a threat from my past experiences. Be positive, be happy

Let me say that there is NO ONE who believes in the Panther program more than me. I would be shocked if we made the same mistakes that killed us last week. As far as injuries, there’s only one that I know of that probably won’t play this week and he plays defense. It will be a big loss, but look for someone else to step up.

Chin up guys!!

Camden is going through the same kind of thing this season. How fortunate for us that both of our programs have only had 1 real rebuilding season in the last 6 or 7 years...most schools are not nearly as lucky. The Lions are also mostly very inexperienced and are playing more underclassmen than I've seen in a LONG while. Even so, I've seen flashes of brilliance in our young players...some true talent already shining through and I'm sure Lewis Co is the same...great coaching shows and I have a feeling the Panthers will get it together sooner rather than later. Good luck the rest of the season...maybe we'll see each other down the road. Never know stranger things have happened. :roflolk:

I agree with you stat...btw.....good post. This is far from over, what you have to worry about is coaches losing confidence in the players. I have seen alot of film on these kids, one thing I would never worry about is their desire. I think Lewis has a tough schedule , no doubt about it, but believe this group will stand up and play hard. Hated to see they lost MTP game, but like you said maybe getting that lost out of the way might have done them a favor.......taking on the challenge of people thinking they aren't that good. Good luck this friday! We Believe up here!

Lewis County Fans are still here! We have an inexperienced team this year and they are experiencing some growing pains. Despite the two losses, the boys have improved tremendously since the first scrimmage and had chances to win each of the first two games. We believe they will continue to get better and be in every game. Win or lose, true Lewis County fans will continue to support our Panthers. We can't be 10-0 every year. I guess when you've been on top for so long, people love to watch you fail. Coach Sharp & Lewis County have a case full of regional championship trophies. I'm certain there are more to come. Panther Pride is alive and well! Go Panthers!

Lewis County Fans are still here! We have an inexperienced team this year and they are experiencing some growing pains. Despite the two losses, the boys have improved tremendously since the first scrimmage and had chances to win each of the first two games. We believe they will continue to get better and be in every game. Win or lose, true Lewis County fans will continue to support our Panthers. We can't be 10-0 every year. I guess when you've been on top for so long, people love to watch you fail. Coach Sharp & Lewis County have a case full of regional championship trophies. I'm certain there are more to come. Panther Pride is alive and well! Go Panthers!

Yea but you are getting beat by 1A schools

I have watched a lot of LC games the last few years. After watching only two games this year, it is obvious the talent level is down. LC does not have the number of athletes they have had in the past. They can no longer step onto the field and beat the opponent on talent alone. In the past LC has been able to win 7-10 games each year because of a little coaching and a lot of talent. This year seems to be a little different. A few questions to ponder. Is the talent there? Are they just young and inexperienced? Are the other teams better and more experienced? Are we getting out coached? Will we make improvement? How will we finish the season?

After watching the first two games of the season, I think the talent level has been comparable to that of the competition. Mt Pleasant had an experienced QB, but other than him not much more experience. A lot of talented young athletes that compete and play well together. A very well coached team. No super stars, just a lot of kids wanting to win and succeed and a rich tradition the last few years with Daily. Collinwood has an excellent QB. He is the field general. The ball must be in his hands for them to succeed. He makes everyone around him better. A true leader. A senior and a wealth of experience. Besides him, a lot more talent but I do not think anymore all state performers. Another very well coached team. Again rich tradition.

I think this season will depend a lot on the coaches and how well they prepare their athletes Monday-Thursday. They will have to use the players in the right position, at the right time, and in the right situation. The season is still young, but a lot tougher opponents still exist on the schedule this year than in the years past. This is a change for LC and will be interesting to see how the coaches and players react to the challenge as the year progresses. I am not expecting to win the rest of the games, however I do expect less penalties, improvement in each position, and the kids to continue playing as a team.