NEW East Hamilton High School Soccer ???

CHAMPDDS

EHS was very well organized defensively, even given ND's constant pressure. The keeper must have made 20 saves. I was impressed with this only being a 1st year team, but knew Coach JM would have them ready. The field also played in their favor. The field reminded me of the D1-AA championship game that forced Finley to go to turf. Somewhat neutralized ND's outside speed. EHS definitely need a few playmakers, but I understand a couple of starters were missing. The ND keeper never touched the ball. On the ND side, both goals were scored by freshmen, which is needed given how many seniors graduated. I am very interested to see how they play tomorrow. Unfortunately, ND also had 2 injuries. The starting keeper was hurt in warm-ups, and a defender hurt her knee during the game.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EHS was very well organized defensively, even given ND's constant pressure. The keeper must have made 20 saves. I was impressed with this only being a 1st year team, but knew Coach JM would have them ready. The field also played in their favor. The field reminded me of the D1-AA championship game that forced Finley to go to turf. Somewhat neutralized ND's outside speed. EHS definitely need a few playmakers, but I understand a couple of starters were missing. The ND keeper never touched the ball. On the ND side, both goals were scored by freshmen, which is needed given how many seniors graduated. I am very interested to see how they play tomorrow. Unfortunately, ND also had 2 injuries. The starting keeper was hurt in warm-ups, and a defender hurt her knee during the game.

EHS keeper made only a few saves - played very well. Just saying that shots were not to be found for either team. The EHS keeper claimed several crosses/ill-advised thru balls, but Notre Dame had only 10-12 shots on goal for the game. Field (horrible!) hurt EHS speed on the outside also. True, though, regarding EHS' chances on goal. They had some good counters in both halves that could have led to great chances while the game was still scoreless but just could not seem to finish the build up. Soon as ND finally found the net (less than 15 to go), it really seemed to "take the wind out of the EHS girls' sails". Both teams seem to be searching for what to do in the last 35 yards. Season is still very young, though. Who was missing for EHS??

And who was hurt for ND? Hope it is nothing serious

EHS keeper made only a few saves - played very well. Just saying that shots were not to be found for either team. The EHS keeper claimed several crosses/ill-advised thru balls, but Notre Dame had only 10-12 shots on goal for the game. Field (horrible!) hurt EHS speed on the outside also. True, though, regarding EHS' chances on goal. They had some good counters in both halves that could have led to great chances while the game was still scoreless but just could not seem to finish the build up. Soon as ND finally found the net (less than 15 to go), it really seemed to "take the wind out of the EHS girls' sails". Both teams seem to be searching for what to do in the last 35 yards. Season is still very young, though. Who was missing for EHS??

I stopped counting at 13 shots in the first half. 6 were on frame. Same story in the 2nd half. The ball rarely reached across the half line to ND's side. I was not told which starters were missing, just that a couple were. JM subbed quite a bit to keep his girls fresh, but they ran out of gas at the end. The game was stopped for a good 10 minutes because of the injury. Not sure how you could have missed it.

I stopped counting at 13 shots in the first half. 6 were on frame. Same story in the 2nd half. The ball rarely reached across the half line to ND's side. I was not told which starters were missing, just that a couple were. JM subbed quite a bit to keep his girls fresh, but they ran out of gas at the end. The game was stopped for a good 10 minutes because of the injury. Not sure how you could have missed it.

Not questioning that there was an injury. Just wanted to know the name of the injured girl(s).

You count shots? Wow. What about the number of consecutive passes? Or perhaps 50/50s won? :motorbike: Your shot count sounds almost right. Shots on goal, though, is what I am referring to...ND had around 12 shots on goal for the game. Keeper touching the ball doesn't make it a shot.

Hope the injured girls are okay. I know that ND hopes are high this year.

EHSoccer -

ChattCannon's thoughts on the game seem fair enough. Field conditions hurt both teams. And while ND controlled some of the game, we had some opportunities to create good scoring chances - just missing that last pass. I was proud of our girls' effort. They are doing well gathering what it is I want from them, getting to know each other, adapting to a new system of play, etc, etc.

Proud of our girls. Young and small in numbers but doing what is necessary.

Just to add my two cents to this p#$$ing match between Chattcannon and EHSoccer, the 2-0 score does not reflect well the absolute control Notre Dame had of the game. No disrespect to EHS, they have a good team, and the season will likely show that they develop into a very strong presence in Chattanooga soccer. They came out ready to play and did well ! But in reality, the Notre Dame defense never allowed any strong attack, and I believe the ball may have crossed the Notre Dame 18 once, maybe ? Numerous missed opportunities in the box, often a pinball game like appearance, and EHS strong keeper kept the score low...Any other interpretation of the game is skewed, and further arguments seem silly...

Kudos to the coach for EHS for talking to his parents at halftime and requesting that they do not 'coach' from the sidelines, but only yell encouragement, not instruction,...I respect a coach for doing that !

D :?:

Also, to answer your question, ND's starting keeper (Senior) said she dislocated her elbow and hurt her wrist, (during pregame warmup) and is looking at a mid-season return, but likely as a field player, not in goal. Not sure about the other player's status...

Yes. ND controlled the game - as much as you can control a game that is labelled a "pinball" game. EHS did not pack it in and the ball did cross ND's 18 more than once (I recall several times that EHS' right wing had the ball in the corner in the first half alone...but no one supporting her quick enough). I suppose I was wanting to see a little credit given to the girls for holding ND scoreless for 70 minutes. Seems that whenever an unexpected score pops up that might favor (though still a loss in this case) the "little guy", the spin from the other side is how much they controlled the game or how much the other team packed it in or how the "little guy" never got into their half, blah, blah, blah.

I just thought our girls came out and gave one of the top teams in A-AA state everything they could handle. ND had to work very hard to win that game. No one has said that yet.

Yes. ND controlled the game - as much as you can control a game that is labelled a "pinball" game. EHS did not pack it in and the ball did cross ND's 18 more than once (I recall several times that EHS' right wing had the ball in the corner in the first half alone...but no one supporting her quick enough). I suppose I was wanting to see a little credit given to the girls for holding ND scoreless for 70 minutes. Seems that whenever an unexpected score pops up that might favor (though still a loss in this case) the "little guy", the spin from the other side is how much they controlled the game or how much the other team packed it in or how the "little guy" never got into their half, blah, blah, blah.

I just thought our girls came out and gave one of the top teams in A-AA state everything they could handle. ND had to work very hard to win that game. No one has said that yet.

I gave EHS credit. Re-read my post. Your keeper was well-positioned and made some good saves. The defense never backed down. The team will be very successful some day. They played very well for a first-year team, even with parent's yelling instruction and complaining the whole first half. Thankfully, you have a coach of great character who tried to correct the behavior with a great speech to the parents at half time. One parent reminded me of the Robert Duvall character from The Great Santini. Though I didn't count 50/50's won, I did count these stats:

EHS Corner Kicks: 0

ND Goal Kicks:0

EHS Shots on Frame: 0

EHS Shots: 0

ND Keeper Touches: 0

Well I love pi##**g contests :lol: So I'll throw in my 2 cents worth and not delete my post (ala champs).

EHS you have every right to be proud of your girls. To hold a state power, who have in the past been known to run up scores and with a first year team, to just 2 goals is OUTSTANDING. Regardless of who controlled the match or what the field conditions were. Those girls deserve a lot of credit for just shear heart and their never say die attitude.

To my ND freinds :evil: , To be honest your posts are sounding like an elite team grasping at straws on why you didn't beat them by more. dry.gif .....

So, Kudus to ND on their win, and Kudos to EHS on their moral victory. :lol:

Well I love pi##**g contests :lol: So I'll throw in my 2 cents worth and not delete my post (ala champs).

EHS you have every right to be proud of your girls. To hold a state power, who have in the past been known to run up scores and with a first year team, to just 2 goals is OUTSTANDING. Regardless of who controlled the match or what the field conditions were. Those girls deserve a lot of credit for just shear heart and their never say die attitude.

To my ND freinds :lol: , To be honest your posts are sounding like an elite team grasping at straws on why you didn't beat them by more. dry.gif .....

So, Kudus to ND on their win, and Kudos to EHS on their moral victory. :evil:

I went out and bought myself a big Hurricane flag for my car. I am a big fan of their coach, and their girls are building a great base to build on. One more anchor for Chattanooga soccer.