7AAA Predictions

boroballer

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All teams in District 7 AAA will be plenty tested when league play starts after Christmas. Boroballer way to beat a dead horse. We now all know that Siegel has the toughest schedule in Tennessee, possibly all of the United States, and that Riverdale's schedule to this point has not been very strong. Siegel has the most talent, toughest schedule, and the best motivation for having the toughest schedule. Siegel is also the best fund raisers, and they have the best coach in District 7 AAA. You have set some lofty expectations for the Stars. I just hope that you all live up to all of them, or be ready to eat a big helping of crow if you do not live up to your billing.

You're putting words into my mouth here ThatsRight. You have not seen me say 1 time that Siegel has the toughest schedule in the state. Nor have you seen me say that Siegel has the most talent, that Siegel has the best fund raisers, or that Siegel has the best coach. I also havent said that Siegel was going to win the district, region, or state. If you can find and quote me where I said any of those things I will apologize on here for saying it. Until then, stop putting words in my mouth. I have simply stated that in my opinion, Siegel's schedule will best prepare them to make a post season run.

As for the best coach arguement... In my opinion Wright, Couey, and Dotson are your top 3. I think each has a legit arguement to be the best. Now on the flip side of that, I think Burks, Turnham, and Drayton are hands down on the bottom tier. Again, just my opinion.

This would be the opinion I was referring to.

Couey won at briarcrest

Not exactly. I don't believe Couey has ever coached at Briarcrest. Maybe you meant to say Bartlett. Couey was at Bartlett for 1 season (07-08) and they were something like 4-22. He was at Cannon County 2 seasons and they won around 15 games or so in those 2 years.

I am NOT saying that Couey is a bad coach. He didn't have much to work with at either place.

Boro, you still have the right to your opinion that Couey is a top 3 coach (although I think it's a little early to tell either way), but the reasoning you offered to suport your opinion is not accurate.

IMO, I don't think Dotson has had enough time to prove himself as one of the top coaches. He walked into a team with a lot of talent that most people could have coached to get as far as they did last year. It's only my opinion, but a great coach is someone that is respected on and off the court and I'll leave it at that.

My apologies there on the mix up Mackie. Couey was successful last year at Lavergne. I knew i was in trouble when I saw that you were on here Mackie. haha

As for Dotson not havin enough time... you make a good point Respect, but Burks, Turnham, and Drayton have had plenty of time and havent done anything.

I hate to do it boro, but I'm gonna keep firing away. Before it's all said and done, I may turn you into a decent debater. haha

Lavergne was a .500 team last year and lost in the first round of the district. A handful of their wins were against "weaker" teams. Your previous posts would indicate that your own definition of success would not fit last year's Lavergne team. Furthermore, if that is in fact successful in your opinion, then Burks and Turnham have both had better seasons along the way and your comments about each would be negated.

On another note, looks like Hammonds is in fact out with a broken foot. Wish him the best of luck in a speedy and complete recovery. Siegel has some marquee games over the break and I'm sure he is disappointed about possibly missing them.

I hate to do it boro, but I'm gonna keep firing away. Before it's all said and done, I may turn you into a decent debater. haha

Lavergne was a .500 team last year and lost in the first round of the district. A handful of their wins were against "weaker" teams. Your previous posts would indicate that your own definition of success would not fit last year's Lavergne team. Furthermore, if that is in fact successful in your opinion, then Burks and Turnham have both had better seasons along the way and your comments about each would be negated.

On another note, looks like Hammonds is in fact out with a broken foot. Wish him the best of luck in a speedy and complete recovery. Siegel has some marquee games over the break and I'm sure he is disappointed about possibly missing them.

I'm speechless Mackie, just speechless. It does look like Hammonds will be out for a while with that foot. Siegel still has the depth and talent to win without him if they will play together and step-up. Don't get me wrong they will miss him, but they CAN still win without him.

All teams in District 7 AAA will be plenty tested when league play starts after Christmas. Boroballer way to beat a dead horse. We now all know that Siegel has the toughest schedule in Tennessee, possibly all of the United States, and that Riverdale's schedule to this point has not been very strong. Siegel has the most talent, toughest schedule, and the best motivation for having the toughest schedule. Siegel is also the best fund raisers, and they have the best coach in District 7 AAA. You have set some lofty expectations for the Stars. I just hope that you all live up to all of them, or be ready to eat a big helping of crow if you do not live up to your billing.

I KNOW YOUR JUST BEING NICE TO BOROBALLER, BUT TO SAY THAT SIEGEL HAS THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN TENNESSEE OR POSSIBLY THE WHOLE U.S. IS TOO MUCH. SIEGEL IS A NICE LOCAL TEAM. THEY ARE BASICALLY PLAYING BEARDEN'S SCHEDULE FROM LAST YEAR. THEY PLAYED LIBERTY TECH, A COUPLE OF WEAKER MEMPHIS TEAMS AND WILL GO TO ARBY'S CLASSIC. THROW IN HAWAII (COMP ?) AND OAK HILL AND IT SOUNDS LIKE BEARDEN 08'-09' TO ME. IF YOUR NOT IN THE MEMPHIS AAA CONFERENCE (WHITE STATION, MELROSE BOTH NATIONALLY RANKED) AND RIDGEWAY.. HOW COULD YOU HAVE THE BEST SCHEDULE IN TENNESSEE? AS OF RIGHT NOW, SIEGEL HAS ONE RANKED TEAM ON IT'S SCHEDULE.. OAK HILL. SIEGEL MIGHT WIN THE REGION AND THAT'S GOOD FOR THAT TEAM.

I'm speechless Mackie, just speechless. It does look like Hammonds will be out for a while with that foot. Siegel still has the depth and talent to win without him if they will play together and step-up. Don't get me wrong they will miss him, but they CAN still win without him.

Fair enough my friend. I don't mean to silence you (or anybody else for that matter), I'm just trying to do my small part to lead this thread into deliberate, well-thought out discussion/debate on a sport and district that I enjoy following. I try to be as objective and non-personal as I can and I hope that is respected.

I think Siegel will no doubt be able to win without Hammonds. Will they miss him - sure, but they have the horses to still play at a high level. The interesting thing to watch will be how well they adjust when he comes back.

My apologies there on the mix up Mackie. Couey was successful last year at Lavergne. I knew i was in trouble when I saw that you were on here Mackie. haha

As for Dotson not havin enough time... you make a good point Respect, but Burks, Turnham, and Drayton have had plenty of time and havent done anything.

Isnt this only Drayton's second year at Smyrna