7AAA Predictions

boroballer

GOOD GAME TONITE BLACKMAN! EVEN IN THE LOSS IT WAS THE BEST ALL-AROUND TEAM PERFORMANCE I'VE SEEN. COACH DID AN OUTSTANDING JOB AS WELL AS THE BENCH COACHES. I THOUGHT THE GAME CAME DOWN TO A MISSED REBOUND (BY BLACKMAN) OF A LAVERNGE FREETHROW WHEN IT WAS 38-35 LAVERNGE. NOT SAYING BLACKMAN WOULD HAVE WON BUT IT WOULD HAVE MADE IT INTERESTING. #2, #3 AND #5 PLAY WITH PURE HEART FOR LAVERNGE. THEY SHOULD MAKE SOME NOISE IN THE DISTRICT FOR SURE. GREAT GAME ON ENDS OF THE FLOOR BY BOTH TEAMS AND FUN TO WATCH!!!

You are totally on point. Best game Blackman has played all season and best game Coach Turnham has coached. Even though they didn't win, they have nothing to be ashamed of. Keep working guys, you may just be the suprise in the district.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we got a district win tonight and that is always good we was terrible in the second QTR no one wanted to shoot the ball so it seemed however in the second half they did a better job of shooting. I can tell 1 player did some extra shooting after practice and that was Clark he is the reason we won tonight hitting a bunch of good shots 3s and along with some nice shots.

yep, it's true... LaVergne missed too many free throws and had a hard time finding the net. However, it's also easier to understand the loss if you were there and saw the officiating.

When an official at mid-court over-rides another ref's call (more than once) who was right beside the play, and the over-riding call always seems to go in Siegel's favor.... and when fans hear the refs conversation and supposedly at least one of these officials states "I hope LaVergne doesn't win this game"-what would YOU think? Not saying there actually WAS any favoritism in play, but there was definitely some poor officiating.

No, I'm not part of the basketball program so don't go trying to pin this on any of the players, coaches, and/or their families. I'm also NOT making any accusations, merely making observations on what I saw/heard/was told...

I'm not trying to take anything away from Siegel. They were bigger and stronger, even without 2 of their "Star" players. They definitely outplayed us. They hustled, their shots found the net, they rebounded, they didn't miss many free throws til the end (when they pretty much had the game wrapped up), they deserved that win. Ugh, that hurts to say! But when it's all said and done, this game will come back and help LaVergne to dig a little deeper and play a littler harder when the stakes are higher. Just wait til next time!