Catholic @ Farragut

Irish423

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History lesson rigger don't compare Loudon and farragut football history. Loudon has won 3 state titles

But they have more soccer and baseball championships :lol:

and Wrestling, CC, track, etc! I guess they are going for well rounded kids. :lol:

10 X the the State Championships to be exact. :lol:

When was Loudons last State Championship? :thumb:

I think I saw it on the 70's show. :roflol: Wasn't that single A?

History lesson rigger don't compare Loudon and farragut football history. Loudon has won 3 state titles

But they have more soccer and baseball championships :lol:

and Wrestling, CC, track, etc! I guess they are going for well rounded kids. :lol:

10 X the the State Championships to be exact. :lol:

When was Loudons last State Championship? :thumb:

I think I saw it on the 70's show. :roflol: Wasn't that single A?

Football at Farragut has never won one or even been to one.

Football at Farragut has never won one or even been to one.

They made it to the semi-finals in 1981 and lost by 10. They have made to the quarters a bunch of times over the last few years.

Congrats to KCHS on last years state finals. However Farragut has always played at the highest level of TN Football. The Irish have not.

Teams with 3 State Championships

Kingston 3

Jackson 3

Memphis Messick 3

Bartlett 3

Waverly Central 3

Northwest 3

Raleigh Egypt 3

Trezevant 3

Memphis Catholic 3

Columbia Central 3

Lincoln County 3

Jefferson County 3

Pearl Cohn 3

Loudon 3

Tennessee Preparatory School 3

White County 3

Kingsbury 3

Middleton 3

Westside 3

Collierville 3

Chattanooga Riverside 3

Chester County 3

Gleason 3

B.T. Washington 3

Maryville Porter 3

Howard 3

Hardin County 3

Elliston 3

Tennessee Temple 3

Greenbrier 3

Siegel 3

Trinity Christian 3 Knoxville Catholic

Teams with 30 or more

Brentwood Academy 47

Father Ryan 37

Oak Ridge 35

Bradley Central 34

Christian Brothers 33

Montgomery Bell Academy 33

Farragut 32

Dobyns Bennett 31

McCallie 31

I think Farragut takes this game, they're offense will step up and the defense will continue to play good. What sort of passing game does Catholic have? If Farragut just keys on Cozart and stopping the run, it will force Catholic to be 1 dimensional and i'm confident their secondary is good enough to shut down Catholic's passing game and get some turnovers as well. Farragut should come out and establish the run first and foremost. Purty has improved greatly since last season and you can see it in his footwork, strength, agility, and vision that wasn't as prominent last year. The running game should open the passing game and i see Farragut winning this one 34-16.

Then you play into Coach Meadows hand, it would appear with the change in offensive schemes, he wants to throw, that's why they got away from the wing bone offense. Anyway I don't see a blowout by either team. It will be a close game no matter how much the Farragut fans believe Catholic is finally playing the "big boys", KCHS has played in big games and won't be rattled. Don't get any bigger than playing Fulton or their true rival, Webb. I'm sure the Irish are excited about finally playing a team like the Admirals and Bearden, too bad it took a multiplier and the TSSAA to arrange the game.

Unlike University most of us Farragut fans consider Catholic a big boy; Defending State Champs, great athletes, #1 in 5A. Trust me no one is taking Catholic likely should be a great game. Catholic fans hope you have a safe and short travel for Cedar Bluff.

Good luck to both teams

Go Admirals!.

I think Farragut takes this game, they're offense will step up and the defense will continue to play good. What sort of passing game does Catholic have? If Farragut just keys on Cozart and stopping the run, it will force Catholic to be 1 dimensional and i'm confident their secondary is good enough to shut down Catholic's passing game and get some turnovers as well. Farragut should come out and establish the run first and foremost. Purty has improved greatly since last season and you can see it in his footwork, strength, agility, and vision that wasn't as prominent last year. The running game should open the passing game and i see Farragut winning this one 34-16.

Then you play into Coach Meadows hand, it would appear with the change in offensive schemes, he wants to throw, that's why they got away from the wing bone offense. Anyway I don't see a blowout by either team. It will be a close game no matter how much the Farragut fans believe Catholic is finally playing the "big boys", KCHS has played in big games and won't be rattled. Don't get any bigger than playing Fulton or their true rival, Webb. I'm sure the Irish are excited about finally playing a team like the Admirals and Bearden, too bad it took a multiplier and the TSSAA to arrange the game.

Unlike University most of us Farragut fans consider Catholic a big boy; Defending State Champs, great athletes, #1 in 5A. Trust me no one is taking Catholic likely should be a great game. Catholic fans hope you have a safe and short travel for Cedar Bluff.

Good luck to both teams

Go Admirals!.

Like I said it's all talk on Coacht, people ribbing each other but in the end it should be a great game, good luck to you guys. BTW can any of the Farragut people get Coach Dodgen and Coach Cool out to the game and out of the gym (lol), they really are great guys.

Kingston 3

Jackson 3

Memphis Messick 3

Bartlett 3

Waverly Central 3

Northwest 3

Raleigh Egypt 3

Trezevant 3

Memphis Catholic 3

Columbia Central 3

Lincoln County 3

Jefferson County 3

Pearl Cohn 3

Loudon 3

White County 3

Kingsbury 3

Middleton 3

Westside 3

Collierville 3

Chattanooga Riverside 3

Chester County 3

Gleason 3

B.T. Washington 3

Maryville Porter 3

Howard 3

Hardin County 3

Elliston 3

Tennessee Temple 3

Greenbrier 3

Siegel 3

Teams with 30 or more

Brentwood Academy 47

Father Ryan 37

Oak Ridge 35

Bradley Central 34

Christian Brothers 33

Farragut 32

Dobyns Bennett 31

McCallie 31

Were is FOOTBALL at for Farragut. Do they have one there rigger101 and you dig one up some where at least can you find were they have even played for a statechampionship.

Rigger thats great stuff. 10x the state championships. However, the cash cow sport is football and Loudon has 3 compared to probably the most underachieving program in the state farragut. Loudon did win the smaller school division but look back at ther schedule during those years they beat the large schools. They also won one before the split. It's a shame Farragut doesn't have tradition but it's hard to compete with large schools when you have 2300 students. So be happy with all those cross country, boys and girls golf and polo state championships. I will say Farragut is headed in the right direction with the football program and this may be the year. I hope it is. I probably took your earlier comment in a little disrespect about Loudon because it is actually a football power in Tennessee history regardless of size.

Kingston 3

Jackson 3

Memphis Messick 3

Bartlett 3

Waverly Central 3

Northwest 3

Raleigh Egypt 3

Trezevant 3

Memphis Catholic 3

Columbia Central 3

Lincoln County 3

Jefferson County 3

Pearl Cohn 3

Loudon 3

White County 3

Kingsbury 3

Middleton 3

Westside 3

Collierville 3

Chattanooga Riverside 3

Chester County 3

Gleason 3

B.T. Washington 3

Maryville Porter 3

Howard 3

Hardin County 3

Elliston 3

Tennessee Temple 3

Greenbrier 3

Siegel 3

Teams with 30 or more

Brentwood Academy 47

Father Ryan 37

Oak Ridge 35

Bradley Central 34

Christian Brothers 33

Farragut 32

Dobyns Bennett 31

McCallie 31

Were is FOOTBALL at for Farragut. Do they have one there rigger101 and you dig one up some where at least can you find were they have even played for a statechampionship.

Dear Allvolfan'

I was trying to show you who FHS peers are (Father Ryan, MBA, Oak Ridge etc) the Irish peers (White House, Greenbrier, Memphis Cath etc) Minor league vs. big league. :twisted: FHS has been Regional Champs, Qtr and to the Semis in TN Footballs highest Division. So not a joke at their level.

U got 1 in the minor leagues. Congrats the planets aligned just right.

You may win Fri night because of your lines experience vs. Farragut.

I've watched the Irish beat some good Ads team in Soccer and Basketball so know your young men have the hearts to play. My son's have won and lost to KCHS wrestlers. So I know your school and talent. Just making sure you know Farragut is the exception in D-1 sports!

I am not a fan of Coach Courtney and think you folks have the better coach. However I am a fan of most of the young men who have played there. at Farragut

Good luck on an injury free night on both sides. Wish I could be there!

Rigger thats great stuff. 10x the state championships. However, the cash cow sport is football and Loudon has 3 compared to probably the most underachieving program in the state farragut. Loudon did win the smaller school division but look back at ther schedule during those years they beat the large schools. They also won one before the split. It's a shame Farragut doesn't have tradition but it's hard to compete with large schools when you have 2300 students. So be happy with all those cross country, boys and girls golf and polo state championships. I will say Farragut is headed in the right direction with the football program and this may be the year. I hope it is. I probably took your earlier comment in a little disrespect about Loudon because it is actually a football power in Tennessee history regardless of size.

FLMS sorry I just picked a team that was on the list that I thought AVF1 would know. You were a AA state power when I played AAA. I love your area of the state and I agree on some of your remarks about FHS football in the past. With the new schools in their area and the privates getting great talent I think FHS has a short window to get to the SC game.

However researching your teams of the past I was shocked how many kids you had out for the teams in the past compared to now. What's up?