Catholic @ Farragut

Irish423

Since we obviously don't know the history of the "big boys" what does your playoff record look like over the last 5-10 years. I think if you look at the Catholic losses over the past 6 years, you would see the majority of our losses have gone to the eventual state champions. Keep in mind that as you throw out the names of all your big time recruits that our overall school size was less than your class sizes. You would think that a school of around 2,000 kids would produce more than a school of 400. It's a numbers game. And why with all that super talent, why don't you have any hardware to flash?

Let's do go back the last 5-10 years. The story pretty much goes: Catholic undefeated or close to going into the playoffs, can never win the big game, choke, etc. Pretty much the DB of 3A. The only reason yall won last year is because 3A was so unbelievably pathetic that Heritage would've had a winning record in it.

And Farragut does put out more D-1 prospects historically than Catholic. Farragut is better than Catholic historically... in everything. Farragut by 28: 34-6. I'll give Catholic 2 field goals. Don't make excuses after yall get taken behind the shed. :thumb:

How long has Catholic had a football program I am not really sure 5 or 6 years and Farragut has had one for 50 years I believe and catholic has a state championship in there belt does Farragut or have they ever been to the big dance. Catholic short time with there football program has more D-1 players then Farragut does in there 50 years.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

How long has Catholic had a football program I am not really sure 5 or 6 years and Farragut has had one for 50 years I believe and catholic has a state championship in there belt does Farragut or have they ever been to the big dance. Catholic short time with there football program has more D-1 players then Farragut does in there 50 years.

allvolfan1-Stop you are starting to sound stupid. KCHS has great traditions and great sports programs.

Why do you think that KCHS has only had a football program 5-6 years?

Did you mean at the new D-I level? Prior to 98 and D-II A-AAA they all played each other.

In overall State Championships Farragut is in the top 2 in D-1 behind OR. Football they have been to the SC game once. According to some White House fans where I live. If it wasn't for home field cooking by the Irish the Blue Devils would have been State Champs. :thumb:

State Team Championships :

KCHS-3

FHS-32

Count Champ/runner up

KCHS-12

FHS-60

That puts Farragut as one of the top 2 in D-1 and puts KCHS somewhere in the top 100.

The 3 SC teams tied KCHS with Loudon!

FHS has always played at the highest level sports in TN. The same can't be said for KCHS.

So be proud of your Gold ball but have a little respect for FHS Championships.

[

allvolfan1-Stop you are starting to sound stupid. KCHS has great traditions and great sports programs.

Why do you think that KCHS has only had a football program 5-6 years?

Did you mean at the new D-I level? Prior to 98 and D-II A-AAA they all played each other.

In overall State Championships Farragut is in the top 3 in D-1. Football they have been to the SC game once. According to some White House fans where I live. If it wasn't for home field cooking by the Irish the Blue Devils would have been State Champs. :thumb:

State Team Championships :

KCHS-3

FHS-32

Count Champ/runner up

KCHS-12

FHS-60

That puts Farragut as one of the top 2 in D-1 and puts KCHS somewhere in the top 100.

FHS has always played at the highest level sports in TN. The same can't be said for KCHS.

So be proud of your Gold ball but have a little respect for FHS Championships.

Remember Catholic (enrollment 630 students) was forced to play in this "big boy" district by the TSSAA. If Catholic wins on Thursday what will the excuses by Farragut be?? Same as Shelia "they recruit so they have an advantage", when I know you have kids at your school who are zoned for other schools. NCLB really benefits your district "championship" program. We're not talking soccer or baseball but football, I can't recall you guys winning a state title in football much less playing for a title. But I have to admit I don't know your football history so you may have won one or played for one back in the 40's, 50's, 60's 70's, 80's or 90's.

I don't think anyone is trying to diminish what Farragut has accomplished. This whole deal got started when "TheFarragutUniversity" claimed Farragut would win by 21 (now 28) because Farragut has "too many athletes". Whether or not he actually believes that, I do not know, but I do know that such posts make him (and by extension, Farragut) look bad. If he is wrong and Farragut wins by "only" 7 or 10 or if they lose, both he and Farragut look stupid. If he is right both he and Farragut still come across as arrogant. The Catholic posters are only trying to defend against the rather ridiculous notions that Catholic has no athletes and that this is somehow the first "big game" they've ever played in. I'd argue that these claims (again perpetuated by only one frankly unintelligent poster) aren't even worth being rebutted.

I certainly have a great respect for what Farragut has accomplished, and anyone on Catholic's side who thinks that Catholic is going to just run right past Farragut is fooling himself. On the other hand, I'd be shocked if Farragut blew out Catholic, even on their home field, although certainly anything is possible.

I am quite pleased with how respectful and classy the Catholic and Farragut fans have been of each other (again, which the exception of "TheFarragutUnivesity") and hope that this thread stays this way, even after the game is over. Previous Catholic gameday threads haven't always gone so well (notably the Anderson Co. and White House playoff threads).

Sorry about the info blast on FHS. :thumb: It was the 5-6 yr football thing that made me think allvolfan1 need a little history lesson. KCHS has had football since 1993. That's a 15 yr with Record (1993-Present): 129-57-0. That's strong.

I take it they did not have a team when the school was located downtown.

When we lived in Farragut I always enjoyed going against KCHS in wrestling, soccer etc. Most of my Family went to Chatolic schools so I have a great respect for your school.

It should be a great match up. By most of the stats ans polls, it should be about a 4 pt spread in the Ads fav.

#1 in 6A vs #1 in 5A and just a few miles apart. It's a first!

Private vs Public! The 16 game win streak of the Irish! There is all kinds of great story lines here.

Plan to watch the game on the net if I can.

Good Luck and safe play to all!

I don't think anyone is trying to diminish what Farragut has accomplished. This whole deal got started when "TheFarragutUniversity" claimed Farragut would win by 21 (now 28) because Farragut has "too many athletes". Whether or not he actually believes that, I do not know, but I do know that such posts make him (and by extension, Farragut) look bad. If he is wrong and Farragut wins by "only" 7 or 10 or if they lose, both he and Farragut look stupid. If he is right both he and Farragut still come across as arrogant. The Catholic posters are only trying to defend against the rather ridiculous notions that Catholic has no athletes and that this is somehow the first "big game" they've ever played in. I'd argue that these claims (again perpetuated by only one frankly unintelligent poster) aren't even worth being rebutted.

I certainly have a great respect for what Farragut has accomplished, and anyone on Catholic's side who thinks that Catholic is going to just run right past Farragut is fooling himself. On the other hand, I'd be shocked if Farragut blew out Catholic, even on their home field, although certainly anything is possible.

I am quite pleased with how respectful and classy the Catholic and Farragut fans have been of each

other (again, which the exception of "TheFarragutUnivesity") and hope that this thread stays this way, even after the game is over. Previous Catholic gameday threads haven't always gone so well (notably the Anderson Co. and White House playoff threads).

He must not have gone to the first two games. Nothing against DB or OR but they have nothing this year and it took Farragut till the 3 qt to get it going with all them play makers. I think Catholic gets Farragut this week.

Sorry about the info blast on FHS. :D It was the 5-6 yr football thing that made me think allvolfan1 need a little history lesson. KCHS has had football since 1993. That's a 15 yr with Record (1993-Present): 129-57-0. That's strong.

I take it they did not have a team when the school was located downtown.

When we lived in Farragut I always enjoyed going against KCHS in wrestling, soccer etc. Most of my Family went to Chatolic schools so I have a great respect for your school.

It should be a great match up. By most of the stats ans polls, it should be about a 4 pt spread in the Ads fav.

#1 in 6A vs #1 in 5A and just a few miles apart. It's a first!

Private vs Public! The 16 game win streak of the Irish! There is all kinds of great story lines here.

Plan to watch the game on the net if I can.

Good Luck and safe play to all!

You people have no clue. I was taken up for Catholic there was not real sure when they started there program but they have a better program then Farragut does. Have put more player in D-1 programs and has been to the big dance. Do a better job of helping there players play college football than Farragut.

Catholic certainly didn't start their football program in 1993. They have a much deeper past than that. However they have had 5 Mr. Football Winners since the move west. Over the past several years I would put both our football and basketball records up against the Admirals especially when you look at far each has advanced in the post season.

Catholic certainly didn't start their football program in 1993. They have a much deeper past than that.

That's what I thought but could only find records with TSSAA going back to 1993. Looks like prior to the move west the sports programs did not do as well. However since 2000 the Irish have been making noise at every level they have played in. I don't know who really has more folks playing football at the D1 college level maybe someone with real stats can educate the board.

My in fo came from http://www.hsfdatabase.com/index.html

Allvolfan1, you seem to have an axe to grind about the Farragut coaching staff as you have brought up several times how the coaches don't help the players get scholorships. Were you like many Farragut players today that think they have SEC talent, but are being held back? I think Coach Courtney does everything he can to assist players in making the right decision. Most don't want to hear the truth, but listen to their parents that tell them they are All-World. You shouldn't make a 40 year decision based on 4 more years of football.

Allvolfan1, you seem to have an axe to grind about the Farragut coaching staff as you have brought up several times how the coaches don't help the players get scholorships. Were you like many Farragut players today that think they have SEC talent, but are being held back? I think Coach Courtney does everything he can to assist players in making the right decision. Most don't want to hear the truth, but listen to their parents that tell them they are All-World. You shouldn't make a 40 year decision based on 4 more years of football.

You looke at Farraguts program and say Bearden. In 2007 Bearden had 6 or 7 sign Farragut almost did not have one sign till that big star running back did. Say for Catholic and so on. Not saying Farragut has D-1 prospects for small college to. Ut has how many walk ons over at UT as practice dummies that were good football players.

Yes, some have walked on at UT. Some people would rather be apart of a big program and attend a large state school with all it has to offer, than actually play at a small school where the scholastic and social options are much more limited. Farragut has had a number of players attend Maryville College, Carson Newman, Tusculum, etc. To insinuate that the coaching staff at Farragut limited their college options is crazy.