Brentwood Academy

EHSfan04

I went and saw the BA vs. Southwind game. WOW is all i can say!! BA is very explosive offensively. The biggest thing for me in this game was the athletes that Southwind had, but somehow they couldn't put plays together. They look like a great team, but definitely don't play that way. Anyway, i can't wait for BA to come to our house to play! I remember last year they hit us in the mouth, but this year it looks like they can run with anybody. This game was 45-0 at halftime and BA had at least 4 TD runs over 50 yards and a fly that #3 caught for another 60 yard touchdown. They scored on the first play of the series 3 times. But we get to play MBA first. GO TIGERS!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have rarely seen a team with such a difference between appearance and performance. Southwind looked physically like a college team. When I walked up and saw them warming up, I was a little worried. They just could not put anything together.

Get ready for next week then, I think Olive Branch averages 300lbs/6'4" across the line. I still think BA can win the game, but the size of OB is staggering.

**game is actually two weeks from now**

Not trying to burst anyone's bubble but Southwind was shut out last week 23-0 by Lake Cormorant HS in western DeSoto County, Mississippi. This is their first year to play varsity football. Let that sink in. First year they've had a varsity football team. I'm not completely sure if they have 12th graders yet.

BA may be the best ever...absolutely could be. Southwind simply can't be a measuring stick for anybody at this point.

To be fair, Lake Cormorant is one of the more prepared new schools I've seen in a while and they're going to be tough this year. Still they're a first year team and I believe Southwind is playing just their 2nd varsity season?

Not trying to burst anyone's bubble but Southwind was shut out last week 23-0 by Lake Cormorant HS in western DeSoto County, Mississippi. This is their first year to play varsity football. Let that sink in. First year they've had a varsity football team. I'm not completely sure if they have 12th graders yet.

BA may be the best ever...absolutely could be. Southwind simply can't be a measuring stick for anybody at this point.

To be fair, Lake Cormorant is one of the more prepared new schools I've seen in a while and they're going to be tough this year. Still they're a first year team and I believe Southwind is playing just their 2nd varsity season?

I believe it's Southwind's third season...they looked great, but were a horrible football team. BA expected that. BA is VERY Fast, maybe the fastest team they've ever had, and are definitely a big play team...saw that in our scrimmages. We scrimmaged Oakland, Cookeville, Blackman, and Ravenwood, and scored on big plays in each. Also, defense is scary quick too. If BA can maintain some depth in their line, they have an opportunity for a special season. Also, QB play has improved. Cody Nelson is a 3 year starter, and has certainly improved as a passer. Matthew Hamby is 2nd team, but he will play a good bit, and he really looks the part. General consensus is Ralph Potter's system and how he wants to do things is starting to bear fruit, and the talent in the younger grades is fantastic. I expect Ralph to continue to build on the tradition he inherited. The future looks bright at BA. Great coaching staff too. As a parent, I am excited about where we are.

I don't think there is a danger of a bubble bursting. No one is talking about a great victory. They were just very good looking athletes.

Did Coach Elliot return to BA this year?

Coach Elliot did return. He was also named head of the Math department.

The newest coach at BA came over from Ensworth. He is a former Titan - Jason Matthews. He is coaching linemen. A lot of talk about his son. I haven't seen him, but I hear he is a very big Middle Schooler.

Did Coach Elliot return to BA this year?

Coach Elliot did return. He was also named head of the Math department.

The newest coach at BA came over from Ensworth. He is a former Titan - Jason Matthews. He is coaching linemen. A lot of talk about his son. I haven't seen him, but I hear he is a very big Middle Schooler.

You have a great asset in coach Elliot. He is truly a fine man and a class act. I can't say enough good about him. Of the people who've left MBA over the years, he's the one I most hated to see leave. I'm glad to hear he's doing well.

Jason Matthews was also at MBA. I've never met him, but a good friend of mine is on the faculty at MBA, and spoke very highly of him. I would assume it's true. If this friends tells me it's raining, I don't look outside, I just get an umbrella. (Figuratively, of course. I was in the Marines; we don't use umbrellas. Ever.)

Good to see you back. I thought most of the BA people had gotten tired of the recruiting shots and departed. Good luck this season (except against MBA).