Brentwood Academy

EHSfan04

I think it was a combination of "recruiting shots" as well as a 5 loses last year that caused most BA fans to stay off this forum.

Last year was a strange season for BA and the fans are still confused on what the future holds this season.

Lots of talent and alot of fight in the players and as the season progresses there will be more BA supporters on Coach T.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was a combination of "recruiting shots" as well as a 5 loses last year that caused most BA fans to stay off this forum.

Last year was a strange season for BA and the fans are still confused on what the future holds this season.

Lots of talent and alot of fight in the players and as the season progresses there will be more BA supporters on Coach T.

Your theory is as good as mine. It is no fun posting about losses and frustrating issues that go along with them. However, two straight baseball state championships and little to know BA posting there. I think the current generation of BA folks must have other hobbies. More space for you guys.

A lot of talent. By far the fastest BA team that I have seen. To this point there is nothing to convince me that we can drive the ball on a consistent basis against a good team. We seem a little soft against the run. Right now it appears we live and die by the big plays.

Good to see you back. I thought most of the BA people had gotten tired of the recruiting shots and departed. Good luck this season (except against MBA).

Not only the recruiting shots, but all the other general nonsense that goes on at CoachT. I have a pretty thick skin, and would be more of an active poster, (albeit while gritting my teeth and trying not to argue online with 15 year olds!) but I really don't keep up with BA athletics much anymore since both my kids graduated. Unlike many, I just don't think I should post when I don't really know much. Hope the Eagles have a good year though.

Still enjoy reading the posts from time to time however! Shout out to RRR...Where does 2 losses in a row rank all-time in TN? :roflolk: You know what I mean. Miss our conversations.

Still enjoy reading the posts from time to time however! Shout out to RRR...Where does 2 losses in a row rank all-time in TN? :roflolk: You know what I mean. Miss our conversations.

I am here; I probably owe you a PM to catchup. I will try to soon. My enthusiasm for HS football is the same, if not greater, but the growing demands of work, non-work, and the website keep me posting less and less each year. I'm still good for a little police work on the threads now and then and bringing in the CSI team to solve the case with the facts.

Yes, I know what you mean. Strangely enough, that score, and only that score, was announced from the PA last night at the MBA-Maplewood game. I'd say 95% of the people there didn't hear it or didn't care, and the 5% that heard and/or cared assumes a hundred-or-so CoachTers at the game. If "they" don't win the title this year, the volleying of "you're playing with the 'big boys' now" versus "this was a significant rebuilding year; our underclasses are very loaded" will be rather entertaining and contentious.

Hope you are well.

Not only the recruiting shots, but all the other general nonsense that goes on at CoachT. I have a pretty thick skin, and would be more of an active poster, (albeit while gritting my teeth and trying not to argue online with 15 year olds!) but I really don't keep up with BA athletics much anymore since both my kids graduated. Unlike many, I just don't think I should post when I don't really know much. Hope the Eagles have a good year though.

Brilliant! Another of the lost BA supporters returns. Truly pleased to see y'all back. On the whole, it seems to me that the BA supporters who post here are the most knowledgable and least trash-talking of all the schools represented here. Of course, the nice woman from McCallie also posts very classy stuff, but I think she's the only McCallie supporter on here (the other McCallie supporter doesn't own a computer...sorry, bad English soccer joke, I'll try to behave batter in the future).

I'm afraid I might not have behaved totally classy Friday night. Something about if you reach for the flag you had better throw it! As to Brentwood they will have a good program under Coach Potter. They will be well coached and he will demand the very best from them. Now, mind you, I'm still working on letting it go that he left us for them! I will always be in his debt for easing my son's transition to varsity as a freshman and for teaching a mom alot about the game of football and how much time and heart a coach puts into it every day!

I think some posters just have been busy. I have been lurking and reading but not always time to post!

I'm sure others are the same. Hopefully more will be able to access computers in the future :flower:. I had to go the 5AAA boards to try to talk to the McMinn County folks!

Looking forward to the Brentwood game in October, it will be blue son's senior night! Bluemom will need stock in Kleenex! Since he is my only, do you think I could remain a team mom emeritus?

Go Blue

I'm afraid I might not have behaved totally classy Friday night. Something about if you reach for the flag you had better throw it! As to Brentwood they will have a good program under Coach Potter. They will be well coached and he will demand the very best from them. Now, mind you, I'm still working on letting it go that he left us for them! I will always be in his debt for easing my son's transition to varsity as a freshman and for teaching a mom alot about the game of football and how much time and heart a coach puts into it every day!

I think some posters just have been busy. I have been lurking and reading but not always time to post!

I'm sure others are the same. Hopefully more will be able to access computers in the future :flower:. I had to go the 5AAA boards to try to talk to the McMinn County folks!

Looking forward to the Brentwood game in October, it will be blue son's senior night! Bluemom will need stock in Kleenex! Since he is my only, do you think I could remain a team mom emeritus?

Go Blue

I'll just add that one of the real pleasures of having BA compete in DII was the opportunity to interact with the McCallie "family". To me, they always represented an ideal of what sportsmanship was all about, both the players and the fans.

Actually, I think you'd be team mom emerita, unless there's a great deal you're not telling us.

:roflolk:

That's a joke I'd bet a lot of money would never be seen on the DI boards. But then, I guess I'm lucky to understand it, since I am an "alumni" of public schools!

Doesn't get much funnier than Latin grammar!! :popcorneater:

I was able to speak to an injured BA player, who has had his fair share of experience on the field, before the game Friday night, and I was pleased to hear his comments on the togetherness of the team. I think there was a major separation among certain players and the team in the past couple of years. That along with the uneasiness of the coaching change disabled the team from fulfilling its potential.

These players are in their third year playing under Coach Potter, and the dust is starting to settle. And the stars of the team are good kids with good heads on their shoulders, and are not going to put themselves before the team. That along with the experience a lot of these players have had will be a big factor during our tougher games; especially when games are on the line, and the team as a whole needs to step up.

I look forward to watching the Eagles this season, especially that offense!