Fight breaks out between Usj and Trinity Christian

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

Agree with Tcaee. I am a USJ fan, there was waving of hands to the crowd (which I do not approve of) BUT, I did not see any "crotch jestures" and it is time to move on. I guarantee you that much worse than this has happened in the past, and will happen before the year is over with no suspensions. Everyone has to remember that the game WAS over and sidelines were beginning to empty AT THE END OF THE GAME when the fight broke out. I just hope TSSAA does not take this "opportunity to set an example" because of who the schools are.

After that, I will not comment any further - everyone in Jackson has seen the game on JEA - it speaks for itself.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, they are going to make an example of the private schools - just wonder if this had happened at another "venue" in Jackson Friday night if there would have been penalties????? (That should get a conversation going :roflolk: ) How can players be ejected from the game when the game is over?? Following from Jackson Sun website:

The TSSAA is reviewing a report from the officiating crew and film from the incident following the University School of Jackson-Trinity Christian Academy game today, assistant director Matthew Gillespie said.

Several TSSAA staff members are out of the office this week conducting administrators meetings across the state (including one at USJ Wednesday), but he said more information will be available Tuesday following the review this afternoon.

So far, he said five players were ejected from the game, meaning they will miss this week's game (three from one school, two from another but he didn't know the breakdown). One TCA player, receiver Dylan Yates, was ejected for two personal fouls during the game. Reached Monday afternoon, USJ coach Mickey Marley said he hadn't yet heard from the TSSAA, and didn't know any of his players had been ejected after the game.

Gillespie said the state office will get in touch with the schools today, but no discipline will be handed out until tomorrow at the earliest.

In reference to your question about whether it had been at any other venue how the punishment wouldve been handled, my response: nothing wouldve been done. Chances are good it wouldve been totally overlooked as what is to be expected. This is a testament to the honor of these programs but the tssaa needs to set an even playing field for laying down punishment.

TCA's Michael Hodum said he planned additional punishments for his team, and players could be kicked off the team based on what he sees on film.

USJ's Mickey Marley said emotions were high in the rivalry game, and his team will need to put this game behind him.

The quote from the USJ coach is not suprising. It's always somebody elses fault and nobody ever gets disciplined over there. Good job Coach Hodum on making your team take responsibility for their actions and make upstanding young men out of them!