CAK travels to Stone

RonMexico

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to hear from some Stone fans or some fans from teams they have faced this year. I really don't know anything about them other than they have not been successful in the first few years of their program. I know they have some very nice facilities and seem to have played a bit better (judging by the scores) than last year. I believe they also have a new coaching staff.

This is the first District/Region game for both teams and that makes it a very important one. CAK is playing well on both sides of the ball, but I really don't believe we have seen the best out of the Warriors just yet. Our offense is putting up some points, but is still a bit unsettled overall. I believe they will continue to improve, which means they will be even tougher to shut down. While #15 is off to a great start, I believe the offense is successful basically because they are playing "team" ball. The same can be said of the defense. If we can continue to improve our special teams, ball security, minimize the penalties and solidify our pass coverage, this will be a complete and formidable team. Maybe no super stars, but rather a team of really good, unselfish football players.

The Stone Memorial Panthers have gotten close enough to smell the taste of victory in their first 2 outings. And when a wild animal is hungry he can be very dangerous. On the other hand, Warriors are brave and cunning. Using tactics and experience to confuse the angry beast, striking quickly and strategically to subdue their foe. The weapons these Warriors will bring to the battle field will be new & confusing to the Panthers.

The Panthers may be hungry, but these Warriors will take a battle savvy approach to this encounter.

FootballDads Forecast: CAK - 35 Stone Memorial - 7

warriors win big!! if the long trip doesnt tire them out! CAK has a past of traveling long distances and the travel has worn them out ex. ashville in 2006 jefferson county in 2007 and there is another one that i cant remeber but! i think we may have broken that trend last year while traveling to GP and winning plus that was 2 years ago and not quite as long as a drive as some of those places!! i look for CAK huge in this one i say 49 to 7!! with stone scoring late on CAK jv

these kids ran 40 110s. a bus ride isnt gonna tire them out. the worst part of this trip will be the occasional ear popping going up the plateau. i dont know anything about stone except that they seem to be vastly improved from last year when they were awful. but according to our cumberland gap friend they are still bad. we'll see how it goes down friday night. hopefull #7, #23 and #67 can get a break second half from playing both ways if we can get up by a bunch. what kind of offense does stone run? do they pass? we havnt faced a team thats passed much

these kids ran 40 110s. a bus ride isnt gonna tire them out. the worst part of this trip will be the occasional ear popping going up the plateau. i dont know anything about stone except that they seem to be vastly improved from last year when they were awful. but according to our cumberland gap friend they are still bad. we'll see how it goes down friday night. hopefull #7, #23 and #67 can get a break second half from playing both ways if we can get up by a bunch. what kind of offense does stone run? do they pass? we havnt faced a team thats passed much

I hear they run some multiple formations, but are primarily a wing-T style offense with some veer mixed in. What is it about this whole wing-T thing? :popcorneater: This will be the third team in a row that the Warriors have faced that utilizes this offensive scheme. Our defense has held up pretty well this year against this style of attack. I would expect some wrinkles from Stone, but they most likely will try to control the clock with a running attack and try to limit the number of opportunities for our offense. The 2 teams they have played previously were primarily run oriented teams so they were able to crowd the line of scrimmage. Who knows how they will respond to 4 & 5 wideout formations.

Once again, I can't wait for Friday night! I hope the guys heal up and have a great week of practice. They're off to a great start, I just hope they keep the focus one game at a time and keep getting better. Regardless of who we play, they have to make improvement every week to be ready for our top region opponents, and I believe they will. Stay focused Warriors! :thumb: