Trenton @ Union City

uctfan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a game...not even close.

Union City controlled this game from the first snap.

Clock ran and never stopped in the second half...mercy rule took over.

Trenton is rebuilding it looks like.

Not much else to say.

Big game next week with the "Stangs" coming to town. Should be a good one.

Union City 48

Trenton 0

Not much else to say.

Union City 48

Trenton 0

yeah.. uc took it to peabody in the form of "Rolling the Tide back to Trenton"

it was no surprise to me at all even though Peabody has some good athletes, some RBs with good moves, they lacked discipline and sell-out attitude.

Their coach treats them soft in practice, that's why they're soft in a game.

When you dont allow your players to tackle or be tackled in practice because your afraid they are gonna twist an ankle or otherwise injure themselves, you're telling your players that physical contact is bad.. or dangerous. If you have a football player that does not love to rock heads with an oppossing player or team.. you have a worthless football player.

Somebody needs to get a message to the coaching staff and let them know "if you don't tackle in practice, if you don't hit in practice, if you don't get after it in practice, then you can only expect them to give the same effort in a game."

Lookin' forward to a good PHYSICAL game with Huntington..

I bet they tackle in practice :thumb:

Congrats UC. Yall and Huntingdon sound like the teams to beat in 1A in W. TN. Next weeks game should be a humdinger. Where is it being played?

The game is in Union City......

If the rankings stay as is it will be the #3 Huntingdon Mustangs vs the #2 Union City Golden Tornadoes.....Just like back in the day and should be a pretty packed stadium...

Be good to see the Tornadoes tested and see how they respond....

They were not tested last night..At all...

Not much else to say.

Union City 48

Trenton 0

yeah.. uc took it to peabody in the form of "Rolling the Tide back to Trenton"

it was no surprise to me at all even though Peabody has some good athletes, some RBs with good moves, they lacked discipline and sell-out attitude.

Their coach treats them soft in practice, that's why they're soft in a game.

When you dont allow your players to tackle or be tackled in practice because your afraid they are gonna twist an ankle or otherwise injure themselves, you're telling your players that physical contact is bad.. or dangerous. If you have a football player that does not love to rock heads with an oppossing player or team.. you have a worthless football player.

Somebody needs to get a message to the coaching staff and let them know "if you don't tackle in practice, if you don't hit in practice, if you don't get after it in practice, then you can only expect them to give the same effort in a game."

Lookin' forward to a good PHYSICAL game with Huntington..

I bet they tackle in practice 8-)

I do agree thats no way to have a winning football program! As long as they keep Scott has head coach it won't get any better! Harper made Scott look good in 07 simply they have no coach! Have some good freshmen but does no good if they are not coach well. I am looking forward to the Huntingdon and UC meeting friday. Plan to be there to see 2 top 1A schools go at it! Starting is 7:30 isn't it? Thought i would ask some schools are starting their home games at 7! Good luck the rest of the year! :o