Greene Devils at Bestsy week 3

DevilMan03

Vollover, I'm not trashing our QB at all. I think he has done a tremendous job so far this year and for that matter last year. I've already seen huge improvements from him in the first two games. The two biggest have been: 1)He is doing a great job of locating open receivers, I've really watched him closely and he is seeing the field well and methodically checking each one and effectively using the dump pass to the tailback when necessary, 2)he is making much bettter decisions as to when to run and is running strong and smart. Both of these things are greatly improved over last year. Also, I'm impressed he's been able to play this well after knee surgery and putting on a little weight due to the recovery time. He's a load to bring down and he seems to be carrying the extra size just fine.

But, I try to be realistic at the same time, the Rebs have yet to face a really strong, fast D-line and when we do I hope that the improvements in his game carry through and he makes good decisions. That was my only critical statement about him. If my kid has a flaw, I point it out to him and help him try to fix it, not ignore it in the name of being a good fan. And I agree, I wish our fan base would get a little louder and more excited about SG football.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South greenes hardest game will be against the devils. Greeneville brings so much more of everything. The d is the best Ive seen in a very long time. South greene and all other teams in our conference need to have a miracle. Devils will dominate:)

Look we'll worry about SG when the time comes...right now its Betsy. This wouldn't have gotten off topic if vollover hadn't started trashing our QB. I mean how many times has he seen him in a game situation? Jeff County? the Jamboree? Quarles had a respectable outing in both of his first 2 games given his lack of starts. His passing stats were better than Greenways in both of his first games last year against the same opponents and he showed he can run the ball as well. And generally the starting job goes to the best available qb....so his "there's noone elsa remark is lame. I mean thats why Susong has his starting job too

The Cyclones are off to a nice 2-0 start and appear to be for real. They should not even give Greeneville a fleeting second thought until after the Happy Valley game. Happy Valley is a good team and is dangerous at home. If the Cyclones knock off the Warriors, then we should have a great game with Greeneville. I know nothing about Greeneville this year, but I know they have a great tradition and have had some very good teams in the past. This year's Green Devils will have their chance to see where they rank among the Devil teams of the past, but they have to play the games. So does Elizabethton. I have talked to the coach and several of the Cyclone players. In my opinion the "Cyclone Swagger" is back and I see fire in their eyes. I may be wrong, but my old coaching instincts tell me this will be a special year in Betsy. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

The Cyclones are off to a nice 2-0 start and appear to be for real. They should not even give Greeneville a fleeting second thought until after the Happy Valley game. Happy Valley is a good team and is dangerous at home. If the Cyclones knock off the Warriors, then we should have a great game with Greeneville. I know nothing about Greeneville this year, but I know they have a great tradition and have had some very good teams in the past. This year's Green Devils will have their chance to see where they rank among the Devil teams of the past, but they have to play the games. So does Elizabethton. I have talked to the coach and several of the Cyclone players. In my opinion the "Cyclone Swagger" is back and I see fire in their eyes. I may be wrong, but my old coaching instincts tell me this will be a special year in Betsy. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

I agree with you Coachh17. Etown must make sure they are ready this week first so I will hold my Greenville prediction until the HV game is over. I know how hard it is to win a big game like the SHHS game and then get ready for another big game it is always hard. I know my boy Coach Witten will have them ready though!

The EHS vs GHS is scary for the cyclones because GHS is off for a week and can really study Etown.

Tough schedule for EHS but it will make them stronger in the end!

GO CYCLONES!

I agree Greenvile is just a distant thought,Warriors are the main view this week,GreenDevils are next week and then you all will get full attention! By the way man why dis this QB for Greenville he is just a kid trying to win for his team as if he dont have enough pressure! And comparing him to Greenway is just silly,last I checked he let his team and community down with bad judgement maybe this kid want!Anyway I cant wait for the game all ways rowdy fans and tough players make the trip,which makes an awesome game atomsphere! See you all next week!

GO CYCLONES

Barb, thanks for putting things into perspective about last Friday. I do feel your Devils are overall a better team than last year. More team speed. You made some key sacks but overall the St. had way too much time to pick his recievers. I have to give some credit to his O line. Our running game will come on line very soon. Your LB's are awsome. Story and the other guy. I felt like you had a complete package. You will need it. A scrimmage is a scrimmage and South just doesn't do what they do until week 0. Make no mistake, 'Betsy is chock full of athletes...and speed. I believe I will give the D to the Devils and the O to 'Betsy. And I have a score. 28-29. I just don't know who will have what. One thing I do know is NET is stronger than Knoxville across the board this year. Yeah, I said it. Add in both MoTowns and it's sceerrry. Anyway, you're playoff bound.

Barb, thanks for putting things into perspective about last Friday. I do feel your Devils are overall a better team than last year. More team speed. You made some key sacks but overall the St. had way too much time to pick his recievers. I have to give some credit to his O line. Our running game will come on line very soon. Your LB's are awsome. Story and the other guy. I felt like you had a complete package. You will need it. A scrimmage is a scrimmage and South just doesn't do what they do until week 0. Make no mistake, 'Betsy is chock full of athletes...and speed. I believe I will give the D to the Devils and the O to 'Betsy. And I have a score. 28-29. I just don't know who will have what. One thing I do know is NET is stronger than Knoxville across the board this year. Yeah, I said it. Add in both MoTowns and it's sceerrry. Anyway, you're playoff bound.

Comp. i agree and good luck this year it looks like south is going to be a real good team and where does the QB come from south has one every year.

Comp. i agree and good luck this year it looks like south is going to be a real good team and where does the QB come from south has one every year.

They are linning up all the way down to Optimist league to be able to play for Stacy Carter. We have a Junior in Heath Hayden who can sling it 65 yards. He is ready now. We have a Soph who can sling it 65 yards but he is still a bit slow. Then we have a Frosh transfer from Central who was Holston's star of the show. All around 6'2" or better. We have 2 promising RB's in Optimist and one in Boys Club. One is nasty fast. And CHMS is looking pretty good this year. And the speed merchants all want to be a WR. Parents want their child to be associated with Coach Carter. And while the BB program is in the ditch at South it doesn't take much for an athlete to choose football over basketball. Give us Mark Conkin and we will rule.

They are linning up all the way down to Optimist league to be able to play for Stacy Carter. We have a Junior in Heath Hayden who can sling it 65 yards. He is ready now. We have a Soph who can sling it 65 yards but he is still a bit slow. Then we have a Frosh transfer from Central who was Holston's star of the show. All around 6'2" or better. We have 2 promising RB's in Optimist and one in Boys Club. One is nasty fast. And CHMS is looking pretty good this year. And the speed merchants all want to be a WR. Parents want their child to be associated with Coach Carter. And while the BB program is in the ditch at South it doesn't take much for an athlete to choose football over basketball. Give us Mark Conkin and we will rule.

Stacy is a class act for sure and i wish south the best.I have been a betsy fan for 28yrs but i always pull for the local teams.The only time i miss a game is when i go hunting in illinois with my bro who has a hunting lodge and i help guide.

Stacy is a class act for sure and i wish south the best.I have been a betsy fan for 28yrs but i always pull for the local teams.The only time i miss a game is when i go hunting in illinois with my bro who has a hunting lodge and i help guide.

I can smell that Fall early morning crisp air now! :thumb:

If you give the D to Greeneville and the O to Betsy, won't the resulting implosion cause a tear in the space-time continuum? Seriously Greeneville should have Church and Hall back on D and some crazy speed. Hall can wreak havok with the pass rush. Could force some turn-overs.....something Betsy had problems with against SH. If its Greeneville D against Betsy O.....great defense wins.....advantage Greeneville. Oh and don't forget the Devil kicking game. Hughes will certainly not give Betsy any field position and Ogle is capable of kicking 40 yd field goals.