Maplewood at David Lipscomb

sportsnutdad

boski.......turn that around and it spells kabosh....or something like that.

Yes, I am the Grammar police, self appointed. boski, you are well...you know!

Anyway, if you continue to violate and abuse the English language and grammar, I may also have to call in the fashion police. Your diction never seems to amaze me. Your lack of respect for DL and your obvious lack of knowledge of old 3a football is only surpassed by your overall sense of inferiority that is masked by your belligerent remarks.

Keep it up and Bombsquad will turn to reciting poems in iambic pentameter.

DL wins this one if it is a close score. Metro schools have been doing a good job of choking this year in close games.

i69bulldogs you and bombsquid can choke one the same football at the same time for all i care. this is not 3a anymore.. jasper ...this where the big boys play ...you will learn soon enough how to keep your traps shut. u lil leaguers are all the same .. so smart you're dumb ..and remember clowns respect is earned or taken ..and i dont you see you doing *either* of the two.

- ill be back later ..2 deal with you clowns ..i have work and research to do. Maplewood Wins!!!

By your logic wouldn't the big boys be in 6A? Which would make this game completely meaningless. Maplewood is good. DL is good. Someone will be happy after the game. Someone won't. If DL loses they will congratulate Maplewood. If they win they will congratulate Maplewood.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An outsiders viewpoint:

The Lipscomb faithful continue to fall back on how good their coaching is (and it is) and their schemes. Well, MBA doesn't exactly run bad schemes and their coaching isn't too shabby either...and Maplewood played them even and from what I am gathering, lost because they play several players both ways and tired. Maplewood also beat up a team (Hillsboro) that hasn't been bad in a while.

Also, scoring those points on an MBA team is impressive......and I find it hard to believe the talent level and the schemes are any better at DL as they are at MBA. So Maplewood, imo, should score some points.

Now Lipscomb is always ready to play and I can't say the same for Maplewood....But if Maplewood shows up ready, then DL better find an avenue to score 30, because I believe they will need every point.

I agree except hillsboro is obviously not what they have been. Maplewood is very good. Lipscomb will have to win this game on defense.

To answer an early question in this thread. I believe the unbeaten Lipscomb streak in Region play is 42 games. Going into each week of the regular season for the past 6 years or so, the streak was in jeopardy. This game is no different than in the past. Maplewood is the next opponent and is a tall order for the Mustangs to keep the streak alive. Maplewood presents a lot of challenges. But don't you think Coach Thompson believes the Mustangs offer some challenges to the Panthers as well. I have seen the look of the opposing Coaches after games. I'll never forget the looks of the Coaches of Dyersburg, Giles County, Memphis Mitchell, Fulton, Lexington, and Chattanooga Tyner after getting beat by Lipscomb...especially after they felt they had the better talent...and most of these games were not that close.

As competing with some of the bigger boys in games, scrimmages, and Jamborees which has included: Franklin, Overton, Antioch, Beech, MBA, Hillsboro and others...I don't think those Coaches had the feeling that they were playing the Pink Ladies of Mattel's Intellivision fame.

Lest we not forget Lipscomb playing 4A Pearl Cohn and beating them the year they won a State Championship. So if you think Lipscomb is going to be intimidated by a Metro team who is having to play down vs. of Lipscomb playing up, you better think twice. Maplewood may win the game and end the Mustangs streak, but it will be because they played a better game and rest assured that the Lipscomb staff and team will congratulate the Panthers and their coach and shake their hands after the game without any incidents and wish them well in the balance of the season. Should the Mustangs win, the streak will continue and they will get ready to face Overton.

I look for a good game from both teams and hope there is a large Maplewood crowd to go with it...Lipscomb fans will be there. Mustang fans all over the world will be able to watch the game live over the internet, perhaps Maplewood should let their Alumni base know that they can watch the game as well. Its been since 1967 that a Lipscomb Football team faced a Maplewood team. A lot has happened at both schools in the past 42 years. It should be a great night for HS Football in south Nashville.

boski.......turn that around and it spells kabosh....or something like that.

Yes, I am the Grammar police, self appointed. boski, you are well...you know!

Anyway, if you continue to violate and abuse the English language and grammar, I may also have to call in the fashion police. Your diction never seems to amaze me. Your lack of respect for DL and your obvious lack of knowledge of old 3a football is only surpassed by your overall sense of inferiority that is masked by your belligerent remarks.

Keep it up and Bombsquad will turn to reciting poems in iambic pentameter.

DL wins this one if it is a close score. Metro schools have been doing a good job of choking this year in close games.

i69bulldogs you and bombsquid can choke one the same football at the same time for all i care. this is not 3a anymore.. jasper ...this where the big boys play ...you will learn soon enough how to keep your traps shut. u lil leaguers are all the same .. so smart you're dumb ..and remember clowns respect is earned or taken ..and i dont you see you doing *either* of the two.

- ill be back later ..2 deal with you clowns ..i have work and research to do. Maplewood Wins!!!

By your logic wouldn't the big boys be in 6A? Which would make this game completely meaningless. Maplewood is good. DL is good. Someone will be happy after the game. Someone won't. If DL loses they will congratulate Maplewood. If they win they will congratulate Maplewood.

6a wasnt around in these parts last season ..5a was top ..MHS played many 5a teams last year and year before and did a solid job in winning most of those games. "meaningless" ..i would think not ..new region ...this game has champ shares up for grabs ... Whites creek licking its chops ... ready to make a run for it as well. DL .. HA... you are not in Kansas anymore wake up... mr.bulldogs ..those ruby slippers look good on you, are you going to dance at half time?

To answer an early question in this thread. I believe the unbeaten Lipscomb streak in Region play is 42 games. Going into each week of the regular season for the past 6 years or so, the streak was in jeopardy. This game is no different than in the past. Maplewood is the next opponent and is a tall order for the Mustangs to keep the streak alive. Maplewood presents a lot of challenges. But don't you think Coach Thompson believes the Mustangs offer some challenges to the Panthers as well. I have seen the look of the opposing Coaches after games. I'll never forget the looks of the Coaches of Dyersburg, Giles County, Memphis Mitchell, Fulton, Lexington, and Chattanooga Tyner after getting beat by Lipscomb...especially after they felt they had the better talent...and most of these games were not that close.

As competing with some of the bigger boys in games, scrimmages, and Jamborees which has included: Franklin, Overton, Antioch, Beech, MBA, Hillsboro and others...I don't think those Coaches had the feeling that they were playing the Pink Ladies of Mattel's Intellivision fame.

Lest we not forget Lipscomb playing 4A Pearl Cohn and beating them the year they won a State Championship. So if you think Lipscomb is going to be intimidated by a Metro team who is having to play down vs. of Lipscomb playing up, you better think twice. Maplewood may win the game and end the Mustangs streak, but it will be because they played a better game and rest assured that the Lipscomb staff and team will congratulate the Panthers and their coach and shake their hands after the game without any incidents and wish them well in the balance of the season. Should the Mustangs win, the streak will continue and they will get ready to face Overton.

I look for a good game from both teams and hope there is a large Maplewood crowd to go with it...Lipscomb fans will be there. Mustang fans all over the world will be able to watch the game live over the internet, perhaps Maplewood should let their Alumni base know that they can watch the game as well. Its been since 1967 that a Lipscomb Football team faced a Maplewood team. A lot has happened at both schools in the past 42 years. It should be a great night for HS Football in south Nashville.

great post ....who won that game in 67?

"If Maplewood wins I am going to get on here and give boski a much respected I was wrong you were right. I just know that Lipscomb will be unblocked most of the night and that Maplewood wins only by having the superior athlete that runs past the Lipscomb players."

and ill do the same ...unless the refs from the MBA game show up ...then im gonna raise ..hockeysticks ..Panthers Roll!!

boski or iksob.........I don't have any dog in this hunt, just that DL has earned my respect over the years and my team has competed hard with them.

It always amazes me that characters like you show up every year and run their diarrhea mouths about how good they are (for once) and belittle everyone else.

I have heard that superior talent crap forever. Bring your 75 fans to the game.

If you get tired or make mistakes DL will win.

DL has the biggest change from Game 1 to Game 2 in performance than any other team you can imagine.

By all right Maplewood should obliterate....boski....that means "destroy"...DL.....but I doubt it.

Boski, I have graded your essays on here and gave them a "D".....but a B+ for effort....just poor performance.

and remember clowns respect is earned or taken ..and i dont see you doing *either* of the two.

I'm new to this "big boy" league. Could you remind me exactly what Maplewood has earned over the past.. let's say 20 years?

hey guy if you dont know by now, then there is no sense in telling you. because you still wouldnt understand ..its a Panther thang homie!

boski or iksob.........I don't have any dog in this hunt, just that DL has earned my respect over the years and my team has competed hard with them.

It always amazes me that characters like you show up every year and run their diarrhea mouths about how good they are (for once) and belittle everyone else.

I have heard that superior talent crap forever. Bring your 75 fans to the game.

If you get tired or make mistakes DL will win.

DL has the biggest change from Game 1 to Game 2 in performance than any other team you can imagine.

By all right Maplewood should obliterate....boski....that means "destroy"...DL.....but I doubt it.

Boski, I have graded your essays on here and gave them a "D".....but a B+ for effort....just poor performance.

thanks ...oh ye great one .. and i can say the same for you,and yes ive heard that crap before to ....my friend ..you act like you know what Maplewood is about and you dont have a clue ....i kid around and joke all day ..but truth be known ..im no fool ..and i can handle my own like a champ ..and so can Maplewood ...its clowns like you that make it all worth it in the end ... i enjoy every bit of it ... so keep it coming kid ..youre almost good but not really.

losing in front 75 fans or losing in front of 2500 fans its all the same ..you still getting beatdown ..

It was a Saturday afternoon game in 1967, a 2 o'clock kickoff on Maplehurst Field, what is now the Football Practice area and baseball field. It was the first year of Lipscomb football since 1938. Lipscomb was quarterbacked by current DLHS baseball coach Ernie Smith. The Mustangs prevailed 13-7 that day over Maplewood. Lipscomb ended up with a record of 2-8 for that season. The other victory came over Nashville Howard High School.

and remember clowns respect is earned or taken ..and i dont see you doing *either* of the two.

I'm new to this "big boy" league. Could you remind me exactly what Maplewood has earned over the past.. let's say 20 years?

hey guy if you dont know by now, then there is no sense in telling you. because you still wouldnt understand ..its a Panther thang homie!

I'm serious. Have they earned anything over the last 20 years? State championships? Region championships? I'm asking because I really don't know.